Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 08-30-2019, 05:02 PM   #11
GotBot
Nexus Maximus
Re: Transformers Siege EB Exclusive Ratchet Released at Retail

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriBlurr View Post
No phone call yet. Maybe after the long weekend.
Same here too. I was hoping against hope today though lol.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 05:25 PM   #12
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lioconvoy81 View Post
I’d done the same, but found one in-store yesterday and cancelled my online order.
Well, tried to do that, but after I bought mine at the store, hurried home, it was too late, it's been shipped (and I had just checked my emails at the store, but couldn't cancel it from there).

So in a few days (shipping stated the 3rd for expected delivery) I'll have two.. I'll just return it unless someone on here in my area wants it.

And a few pictures for the heck of it.

Note that the "official" medical bay sucks, so I've done a modified version that isn't witchcraft. And FINALLY, a Siege figure that comes with extra accessories! (not a huge bunch but it's nice to have a few extras that works well)

Last edited by imfallenangel; 08-30-2019 at 05:38 PM.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 07:15 PM   #13
andersox
Beasty

My eb games shipping email just came.
Hope he comes quick. Uber excited for this guy
andersox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 04:29 PM   #14
Xtreme987
Metroplex

Picked 1 up this morning @ Devonshire EBGames in Windsor, Ontario. Still 4 left after I grabbed mine. Also just an FYI some locations are sticking to the street date of Sept.1. Good luck & Happy Hunting.

Last edited by Xtreme987; 08-31-2019 at 04:31 PM.
Xtreme987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 10:17 AM   #15
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon

I saw 3 on the shelves yesterday in the Hamilton Lime Ridge Mall store.
Old 09-01-2019, 10:25 PM   #16
Sureshot22
look behind you. tee hee
Sureshot22's Ebay Auctions

Shoppers world vic park and danforth had 5 2 days ago

PSN ID: SURESHOT22

FEEDBACK THREAD http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=9366
Sureshot22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 11:39 PM   #17
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Ok, I have received my second one... if there's anyone in the Ottawa area that's interested and is having trouble finding one, let me know before the weekend, it's new and would just sell for the same price as I bought it.

Otherwise I'll probably just return it to EBGames.
Old 09-04-2019, 11:44 PM   #18
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfallenangel View Post

Note that the "official" medical bay sucks, so I've done a modified version that isn't witchcraft. And FINALLY, a Siege figure that comes with extra accessories! (not a huge bunch but it's nice to have a few extras that works well)
You know what's weird? The instructions strongly suggest the shoulders "click" somewhere/somehow in officla medical bay mode. In reality they just sit beside, unattached to anything. Granted I get that it's kind of just a random configuration but it looks like SOMETHING should tab SOMEWHERE.

Are the arms similar on Ironhide? They don't really snap in somewhere. Pushing down on them to attach his accessories pushes them kind of "out" of the leg shells.

That said, I really like the toy in robot and vehicle mode. The whole basic layout feels more naturally "Ratchet" to me than IronHide. Heck, the new front end even makes him slightly bulkier, and the feet seem more appropriate to Ratchet than IH somehow. He looks great and I agree, I love the accessories.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 12:17 AM   #19
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
You know what's weird? The instructions strongly suggest the shoulders "click" somewhere/somehow in officla medical bay mode. In reality they just sit beside, unattached to anything. Granted I get that it's kind of just a random configuration but it looks like SOMETHING should tab SOMEWHERE.

Are the arms similar on Ironhide? They don't really snap in somewhere. Pushing down on them to attach his accessories pushes them kind of "out" of the leg shells.

That said, I really like the toy in robot and vehicle mode. The whole basic layout feels more naturally "Ratchet" to me than IronHide. Heck, the new front end even makes him slightly bulkier, and the feet seem more appropriate to Ratchet than IH somehow. He looks great and I agree, I love the accessories.
Neither IronHide or Ratchet locks perfectly.

My Ironhide's leg covers refuses to lock in truck mode so I have an angle gap... been considering buying another to switch it.

My Ratchet is the side cover section that refuses to lock (where it should next to the front wheel).

I don't see anywhere that the arms lock in robot mode at all, so that's is, once again, something that gives me that "well, it's not perfect but it'll sell like this, so good enough" feeling from the engineers.

But I will admit that the moment I saw images for Ratchet, I knew that I'd really like it.. he is absolutely great looking, the first and only Ratchet that I've ever bothered getting.

The Siege line has finally done a lot of figures "right".. which only took them 30+ years. *sigh* And the only line that I felt compelled to actually get most of them if not all.

I will admit that the hit of recent releases and announcement of minimal remolds and recolors has broken that feeling.

So now I'll be slowing down and only get the figures that I deem worth getting... too bad for Hasbro. They started great but are losing me with this sort of thing. I wouldn't mind a few such remolds and recolours, but at 30$ and up, I feel like they really could have put more effort.

Even these guys (Ratchet/Ironhide), I do like them a lot, but still, a bit more effort would have been nice.

More eye candy for the alt medical bay mode.

Last edited by imfallenangel; 09-05-2019 at 12:20 AM.
Old 09-05-2019, 09:16 AM   #20
TriBlurr
Robot in Disguise

Woot! Got mine today.
TriBlurr is offline   Reply With Quote