Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-01-2013, 12:18 PM   #1
Bruticus
B&K Collectables
Upcoming TRU events

Saturday, September 14, 2013
All full-size TRU stores, except Grand Opening stores (that will have their own deals), will be participating in this event from 11am to 1pm. In June, this is where the illusive coupon was handed out that everyone had such a hard time locating. Hasbro is confirmed to be part of this event as well, so it may be worth visiting as they may have a new "Fall" coupon book to distribute.

New Store - Winnipeg, MB

Transfans in the Winnipeg and surrounding area... a new TRU is opening up at Pembina Crossing in Winnipeg on September 7th. It's going to be at 1910 Pembina Highway.

New Store - Stoney Creek, ON
Transfans in the Hamilton and surrounding area... a new TRU is opening up in Stoney Creek on September 14th. It's going to be at 540 Centennial Parkway North.

If it is anything like when MP OP was out, they will send 3x as many MP SW's to new stores as part of the Grand Opening. (If you remember with Optimus, the new stores were Kanata and Charlottetown, PEI and they both received like 60 units.) I have received word that this will INDEED be the case (at least in the Stoney Creek location - no word about Winnipeg yet, but I will confirm today), so if you are still hunting MP SW, be there when the doors open at 9:30am on either the 7th or the 14th, respectively.

Additional note - Brantford: There is also another new full-size store opening in Brantford, but it is still a few months away from Grand Opening, as the Job Fairs are just starting up soon for it.

All information has been verified both by in-store employees and on the TRU website here, so everyone can rely on the info provided.

-----------------------------------------------------
Add B&K Collectables to your Facebook HERE

Follow B&K Collectables on your Twitter HERE

Subscribe to the B&K Collectables' newsletter HERE
------------------------------------------------------
Cybertron.ca Feedback Thread --> http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=18760

Last edited by Bruticus; 09-01-2013 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Corrected as TRU Express stores are not participating in Play Day activities.
Bruticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:40 PM   #2
Heatbag
Generation 1
Re: Upcoming TRU events

Winnipegs Grand opening Pembina location was yesterday I believe. I went there last nite after getting back from North Dakota. Nice store.
Heatbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:21 PM   #3
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatbag View Post
Winnipegs Grand opening Pembina location was yesterday I believe. I went there last nite after getting back from North Dakota. Nice store.

It had its soft opening around a week and a half ago. September 7th would be the official grand opening.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:24 PM   #4
Benzo
Plastic Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatbag View Post
The new store in Winnipeg had it's soft opening on Aug 23rd. The official grand opening is on Sept 7th with doors prizes etc..
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 02:24 PM   #5
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

Thanks Bruticus! This is awesome info.
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:26 PM   #6
Heatbag
Generation 1

Thanks guys! I thought it had the grand opening yesterday for some reason. Thanks for setting the record straight. And thanks again bruticus.
Heatbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:59 AM   #7
jacobot
drone 179

Stoney Creek OPEN
MP SW Sold out
Nothing much new
jacobot is offline   Reply With Quote