Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-20-2007, 04:13 PM   #31
Ozrein
Stunticon
Re: Don't you hate it when......

Exactly Aernaroth. More fans means more interest in the property means more merchandise put out by Hasbro.

Last edited by Ozrein; 07-20-2007 at 06:35 PM.
Ozrein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 05:57 PM   #32
Gravedigger
Generation 1

That's true.

I was at TRU this week and there were a few people who were buying out the store (2 carts FULL of TFs)
I was chating with them and discovered that they had never even HEARD of TFs until the movie had come out. What happens to us mega-fans who want the toys and they all get bought out by these people like this. (This is the reason Im still searching for Bonecrusher)
Gravedigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 06:36 PM   #33
Ozrein
Stunticon

Bonecrusher, eh? There's like 10-20 at the Zellers here. You want one?
Ozrein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 03:09 AM   #34
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravedigger View Post
That's true.

I was at TRU this week and there were a few people who were buying out the store (2 carts FULL of TFs)
I was chating with them and discovered that they had never even HEARD of TFs until the movie had come out. What happens to us mega-fans who want the toys and they all get bought out by these people like this. (This is the reason Im still searching for Bonecrusher)
Don't worry there will be lots to go around. I have yet to see a Bonecrusher at TRU but they are abundant everywhere else. I can't beleive TRU has sold through their wall of movie deluxes, I don't see a clearance sale anytime in the near future.
And Urban Samurai makes a great point. The more interest thats generated the more cool stuff we're gonna see.
Kids are really gonna love this stuff. I look at Star Wars Episode 1 and the new legion of fans it spawned into the Star Wars universe. I'm a dealer at the local toy shows and the figure I,ve sold the most of over the years is Jar Jar. I sell a few at every show, all to kids who love him and are just starting out. I'd never look at those kids and tell them how hated Jar Jar is, they like him and they are the next gen of collectors who are going to keep the hobby going.
Same goes with Transformers. I know many collectors that don't own a single Bumblebee toy, but the new kids love him. They are gonna get Bumblebee and Bumblebee is gonna lead to Jazz, to Prime, so on and so on.
I've experienced a bit of snobishness from Star Wars collectors over the years and I totally don't see that from the Transformers community. Heck, I can't even get on the Canadian Star Wars collecting webboard without a reference or some such nonsense. Cybertron.ca took me right in.(I have since deleted that Star Wars board from its position on my favorites and have not returned there since.)
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 05:59 PM   #35
Protoman
The Legend

It's a common problem. While I have many stories to share related to that. Such as the common ones "Oh man, I use to own ALL of the toys when I was a kid, even Unicron" (..........), or "I loved the Dinobots, specially when they combined!". But the best was I was talking with a worker at the local Paramont (friend of a friend) before going to see the movie for yet another viewing, when he droned on about how he is a huge Transformers fan. One thing led to another and I asked him which Transformer he enjoyed most in the movie? "Oh man, my favorite is Skyscraper!".................. nuff said. *facepalm*
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 12:57 AM   #36
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Last week I was listening to Ryan Seacrest interveiw Shia LeBouf, I think it was on american top forty or something of the like.
Seacrest says he used to have the police car transformer when he was a kid but that he couldn't remember its name.(Seacrest is probably at least thirty right?)
Shia says the police car one is Barricade, Seacrest responds "yeah thats it, it was Barricade!!!"
Nuff said.
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 02:12 PM   #37
Gravedigger
Generation 1

Another good one, people who look at some of my toys and say "i had that toy when I was young"-pointing at my Cybertron Crumplezone-LOL
Gravedigger is offline   Reply With Quote