Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-20-2007, 01:48 AM   #21
dak
Master Creator
Re: Don't you hate it when......

Quote:
Originally Posted by agesthreeandup View Post
It does not matter what you do in life there will always be the band wagoners. It kills me some of the people who come in the store with the stupidest questions.

'Do you have Optimus Prime? The one that was ALL metal?'
This is a reissue of the original Optimus Prime here *points to Optimus in display case
'No, not that one. I want the one that was THIS big!' - holds hands out about shoulder length apart.

oy.

Spencer.
Hey Spencer, Remember when I kept asking for something free, and you ended up giving me a VHS copy of the TF movie? Did that annoy ya.
lol

I can be such a jerk, hahaha.
dak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 03:17 AM   #22
chisau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozrein View Post
Dude? Are you serious?
about hooking up? No. You live in BC, there is now way we can meet. but i do like your truck. that is what i consider one of the best "truck/car hybread" out there. Assuming you have the 2 door sport version and mod it to a V8. That is one of the lightest and smallest truck out there. and they only made it for 1 year. which is very rare. you got a good find.

I personally think that this truck actully inspired the compition to create the Dodge Ram SRT-10. some pictures would be nice. and please tell me you didn't cheap out and left it as a V6. Power to weight ratio can be the same as corvett if you tune it correctly.

the GMC stock version is a mistake, but in the hands of a tuner, and that truck can make you smile.
chisau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 03:39 AM   #23
Ozrein
Stunticon

Wow dude, you are serious...

I'm just going to ask that you please visit one of these sites:

http://www.sportmachines.com/

http://www.syty.net

You obviously have heard of the Syclones (and possibly their sister-truck the Typhoons) but are one of the many that have misconceptions of what these trucks really are.

All SyTy's (as they are commonly refered as) come factory equiped with a 4.3L Turbocharged V6 with an All-Wheel-Drive drivetrain. This is what makes them special. If I wanted a V8 powered S-Series, I'd buy an S10 and drop a V8 into it.

But you're right, they are fast and can be made faster. And it definatly makes me smile everytime I drive it.

Here's a pic of my Syclone (if anyone is interested)

Now then, maybe we should let this thread get back on topic. If you'd like any more info, I'd be happy to answer any questions via PM.

Last edited by Ozrein; 07-20-2007 at 03:43 AM.
Ozrein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 01:36 PM   #24
dak
Master Creator

Here's another Don't you hate it when...

Don't you hate it when a thread goes Horribly off topic? lol Had to say it.

You guys with the truck talk... keep it in PM's.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:50 PM   #25
darthrage
Beast Machine

I don't hate it when people do that. Believe it or not, I actually support that kinda thing. I grew up in the 80s, watched all the cartoons, had the toys but as I grew up, they were given away to the younger cousins or sold away for really cheap. I got all the DVDs, started collecting the toys again and watched the movie 5 times. I absolutely love Transformers. I claim I'm a huge fan and I confidently believe I am. What DOES NOT bother me is when someone else also claims that because they just watched the movie once and feel they are part of the fandom. In fact I'm am enthusiastic and excited for them. I would rather be supportive of their wanting to be a fan as opposed to talking down about them.

I honestly think its a very juvenile thing to say to someone they are not a fan just because they know less or have been exposed to it less than you have. Its actually quite immature to be completely honest. Its something that elementary school kids do. I mean if we are in our mid 20s or older and a kid says to me, I love Transformers!! I am a big fan! Who am I to say "hey kid, no you're not, you've never seen the original cartoons." I think if I said something like that, that really is discouraging for a kid (of any age) and it really truly can rob them of their childhood. Its like saying, "you can't be a fan because you didn't grow up in the 80s". And that is just wrong.

I was lining up for Star Wars Episode 3 on the very first midnight premiere and then the guy lining up behind me said, "what the heck are all these kids doing here? They know nothing about Star Wars. They didn't grow up watching the original Trilogy." So what????? The prequel has enough kiddish elements in it, that it attracts kids to watch it and they're gonna love it, maybe more so than you. And they are gonna come out of the theater, saying that they are a fan of the movie.

So this goes back to Transformers. So what if they didn't watch the G1 cartoons? Or better yet, who cares if they don't even buy the toys. If they like it and say they love Transformers, why should we rob that away from them? They probably watched Beast Wars, or RID or Cybertron, etc. And that will be enough to make them a huge fan if they liked it.

I'm in my late 20s and collected many kinds of toys from Star Wars, to GI Joes, to Transformers, etc. And then I talk to someone who is much older than me and he told me his favorite toy is the old Planet of the Apes my Mego. They said they are absolutely masterpeices and he loves them and the original movie. I thought he was insane. I was thinking, the new Planet of the Apes is so much cooler cuz its got all these visual effects. But he said it was crap, the original was best even though it was so low budget and the toys rock. Why do I give you this example? Because alot of kids might even say that about the original G1 toys and cartoon because they are so boxy and unarticulated and the cartoon is soooooo "old" compared to the stuff they see now. I think this new generation of fans are the ones are more likely to enjoy the new "Transformers Animated" show and we as G1 fans, will never understand why they will like it cuz most of us think the new visual style is absolutely hideous. If they absolutely like it, we are in no position to tell them they are not huge fans because they like it more than G1. No matter what, it is still Transformers.

Whether you are a huge fan, a casual fan or a new fan, it doesn't matter. You all love the same thing and should all be equally as enthusiastic about this sub-culture. Why do we need to segregate? You make it sound like we don't like these guys cuz they're not hardcore like us. Everybody is a fan as long as they believe that they are. But they are fans in different ways. You might claim you are a bigger fan than me because you got all the comics. Well I don't collect the comics but I have all the movie toys. Or you watched the movie 10 times, so that makes you the biggest fan in the world. But this other guy has every single toy ever produced, so that would make him just as big a fan as you are even though you spent less than him. Its all relative. It doesn't matter. There's nothing to be pissed of or bothered about. Just be happy that you are not the only one who celebrates the enjoyment for Transformers.

My teenaged cousins just went to watch the movies. They never saw G1. They grew up with RID and Beasties. But I love chatting with them about the movie and they get so excited. I don't argue with them how they didn't grow up during the originals. Instead, I just give them the opportunity to watch my G1 DVDs. And they absolutely love it.

Being annoyed about someone claiming to be a bigger fan than you are who knows, what you believe is "nothing", about Transformers is just a very juvenile thing to do. When that happens, then the Transformers sub-culture has truly consumed you and you are not in touch with the real world.

I know we're not just talking about just kids but people in general. The only time I agree with you is when they act totally over the top and like complete ass-clowns. But other than that, I am excited for them that they like it as much as I do.

Last edited by darthrage; 07-20-2007 at 03:02 PM.
darthrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 03:03 PM   #26
Ozrein
Stunticon

Quote:
Now then, maybe we should let this thread get back on topic. If you'd like any more info, I'd be happy to answer any questions via PM.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:17 PM   #27
Vangelus
Beast Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by agesthreeandup View Post
It does not matter what you do in life there will always be the band wagoners. It kills me some of the people who come in the store with the stupidest questions.

'Do you have Optimus Prime? The one that was ALL metal?'
This is a reissue of the original Optimus Prime here *points to Optimus in display case
'No, not that one. I want the one that was THIS big!' - holds hands out about shoulder length apart.

oy.

Spencer.
What you have to say to that is:

"I'm sorry man, but...you grew up. I mean physically. And as you grew bigger, things around you grew smaller."

Vangelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 03:20 PM   #28
dak
Master Creator

Quote:

Yea, I saw that.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:29 PM   #29
Ozrein
Stunticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak View Post
Yea, I saw that.

Cool cool, cause I agree with ya, I do find it a tad annoying when thread go way off topic.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:33 PM   #30
Aernaroth
Metroplex

Its like others have said, every time something dips into mainstream, you get people who are more casual fans popping into a subculture and thus claiming to be huge fans. Because they dont know what the two consequences of possessing the underbase are, or how many classics figures have been exclusives, doesnt mean they dont like or care about transformers. Hell, if anything, point them towards the comics and whatever instead of just saying "oh, screw you, poser". More fans means a bigger, more robust market.
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote