Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-31-2018, 10:58 AM   #11
zuffyprime
Fortress Maximus
Re: Thinking about selling some figures at upcoming 80's Toy Expo

Having a table is totally worth it man!I've had a table at these shows every year for the past ten years,
Waaaaaay better than eBay, kijiji, headaches of flaky buyers and shipping. I would highly recommend getting s table, or splitting one with cobra commander, he's a great guy. Lots of us bring a shelf and put it behind our table to maximize shelf space. Also you asked about g1. I personally love g1 but I find most con attendees are into mp or third party now. Bring everything you have ��. Good luck and I hope u make it out to the show!
zuffyprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 04:34 PM   #12
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag
Re: Thinking about selling some figures at upcoming 80's Toy Expo

I have been selling stuffs @ TFCons (and sometimes the other 'cons during the year, too) for the last few years. Bring a variety of things does help. Priced your stuffs accordingly depends on various factors such as scarcity, condition, etc. and don't forget to factor in the cost. I like to sell some of my less valuable stuffs like the run of the mill deluxes, etc. with deals like buy 2 get a few bucks off to move them - unless you have something special you are not going to get a lot of money back for some of the mass market items. And priced your items beforehand since you don't have the time to figure out how much they are at the time. You may not sell everything you have on the table, too, so do prepare for a bit of disappointment. And be prepared for low ballers and be prepared to decline a deal - so if you don't really need to sell it at such low price then don't. If you decided to go ask a friend or a family member to go with you, or like the others have mentioned share the table with another exhibitor - you can't run it by yourself obviously. If you setup a shelf behind your table put the more valuable things on the shelf so only you can show it to a potential buyers and no one has access to it. I didn't notice a lot of theft but do keep an eyes on stuffs especially loose bots or parts. Bring or borrow a cart or something to move boxes. Yes, the hotel do have a few but they are mostly grabbed by others so don't count on them.

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote