Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-30-2012, 02:54 AM   #21
Protoman
The Legend
Re: The Montreal/Quebec Local Fans Banter Thread

We need to do meet ups somewhere BIG, where we can bring stuff publicly and not have to worry.

I am totally game, weekends would be best

Also don't forget Montreal Toycon is November 4th, so you will get a fix there too.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman

Last edited by Protoman; 09-30-2012 at 02:59 AM.
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:22 AM   #22
xelement24x
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undrave View Post
Do the PRID deluxe shrink with the waves? Wheeljack isn't that small. He's still bigger and bulkier than most of my scout, HA basics and PCC Commander (though Smolder looks bigger because of his hollow shoulder-towers). He's not as bulky as Generation Wheeljack but just as tall.
Using the RID line as an example, after bee & cliffy, wheeljack is in between both. However, after that ratchet is a tad smaller, then knock out is a bit smaller, now its kup thats even smaller. Ad infinitum. It almost looks like a flight of stairs lol. The scout shrinkage applies mostly to kup and knock out so far.
xelement24x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:27 AM   #23
Grayfox
Crossover

Quick question if I may: I seem to read every so often about how many of the people here will wait for months and months before even looking into ordering online. What's the deal, guys?

99.9% of us here aren't new to the hobby, we know how distribution works and we can usually guestimate what's to come with decent precision.

These days, it's the PRID deluxes distro that sucks because [insert reason here]. So why would anyone looking for PRID Jet Vehicon for example (first fig that came to mind) be willing to "wait and see" if stores here will eventualy get it? Anyone who has looked into ordering TFs online knows that a set of a couple figures from places like BBTS costs only a few dollars more than it would buying them locally. Really. It's like 5-10 more at most. Now spread it over 4 or 5 figures. And I'm counting shipping and duty fees here.

It may be just me, but these days, with really uncertain availability of the figures I want, I'm not gonna chance it and wait to see if the figures hit the pegs in the next 6-8 months.

To Hasbro's benefit, my rant applies mostly to PRID deluxes and TRU exclusives (good luck with that MP-10). Pretty much everything else from Botshots to the Prime Weaponizers we are close to or up to date on.

Lastly, someone could negate my entire post by saying that the reason he/she isn't ordering online is because they are on a tight budget and/or only buy TFs when on sale. And these are very valid reasons that I respect. Otherwise, IMO, we have the online option, so let's use it. I support the local stores when they offer the items I want. When they don't, especially when these items have been released elsewhere, I will buy online.

Edit: Quick question; Long rant

Last edited by Grayfox; 09-30-2012 at 03:32 AM.
Grayfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:20 AM   #24
Undrave
Canadian Slag

Sales and budget is apretty big part of that.

Buying online is a rabbit hole I just don't want to go into. When I wait for them to come out around here I can better pace myself. Furthermore there have been cases where preliminary shots of figure made me excited but when I got the package in hand I just went 'Meh...'. You can also avoid paint apps mishaps and defects. I waited for months before finding THE Darksteel figure without scratches on its teal flames. I probably would have been dissapointed if I had gotten it online. And you know someone had a FE Cliffjumper turned out to have no head? You can avoid that in store.

If I decide to buy online I don't trust myself not to go crazy and order everything when it's there on the website staring at me and pay a ton in shipping and stuff. I'm not a completist, I'd rather choose with the toy in my hand. Plus I'm in no rush, I don't need to own those figures NOW, just eventually.

Jet Vehicon is a japanese exclusive so far and a high demand one too, I'm not that crazy to try to get that. You know that thing will probably sell out faster than you can say 'Takara'.

The only exception so far for me have been the BBTS Dark Energon exclusive deluxes, Arms Micron Darkness Megatron and Arms Micron Wheeljack. I love the PRID Wheeljack mold SO much I decided to collect every single use of that mold! In the end I might bite the bullet and get Dead End online because of that.
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:01 AM   #25
Buhawi
Ang Alamat

I still need that Quebec smiley...

Nov 4th? Save up money. Don't be that guy who goes there with only 10$ in hand. LOL
Old 09-30-2012, 08:18 AM   #26
MaxArel
RUN IT'S DREADWING
Send a message via MSN to MaxArel

For online shopping, I usually go by the Pringles theory: once you pop, you can't stop. I'll shop online only for stuff I know will never make it here or for stuff I'm too impatient to wait for any longer; the Jet Vehicon is on it's way as I'm typing this and I'm thinking of ordering Arms Micron War Breakdown, because Hasbro seems to think they couldn't sell it here or something.
Man, I wish there were Toycon-like events closer to Sherbrooke. It isn't nerdy enough here. That or I don't go out that much...
That and, with college, I don't have time to drive to Montreal. Or do anything. Booked weekends of study and being "miserable", O evil student that I am.

MaxArel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:30 AM   #27
Pascal
Banned

It sucks that La Bête Noire closed in Sherbrooke (and Drummondville), that store could have been so much more over time. At some point they were even selling older loose Transformers. But I guess there's just no market for that stuff here, the collectors here are probably just the 4 of us from cybertron.ca (you, me, bruisedlee and bumblebee78).
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:11 AM   #28
nicoath
Underbase caretaker

Zac, great idea on the opening of this thread!

I get everything online, from contacts in the US, or local comic book store. I'm up to date on what I'm collecting and it doesn't cost that much more. I got retail Bruticus three weeks ago. He's actually pretty sweet. Each figure cost me $15 tax in. Of course I had an extra Prime & Jazz, but still paid less than retail.

If anybody ever wants and is willing to split a box of figures I can order more than one. I've offered up my extras when possible. This province will always get the short end of the stick on exclusives, might as well find another way to buy your figures.

Court adjourned.
nicoath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:53 AM   #29
Jazz227
Arielbot
Jazz227's Ebay Auctions

sooo who's enjoying the new tmnt show?

What's for sale! http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=64559

MY Feedback http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...858#post436858

My Ebay: http://www.ebay.ca/sch/atomiccomicsa...1&_ipg=&_from=

Gaming:
Playstation: XxZombi3-KillaxX
Xbox- l HammerForge l
Steam- The Man From The Internet
Jazz227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:46 PM   #30
MaxArel
RUN IT'S DREADWING
Send a message via MSN to MaxArel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
It sucks that La Bête Noire closed in Sherbrooke (and Drummondville), that store could have been so much more over time. At some point they were even selling older loose Transformers. But I guess there's just no market for that stuff here, the collectors here are probably just the 4 of us from cybertron.ca (you, me, bruisedlee and bumblebee78).
Pretty much, yeah. I didn't even get to visit La Bête Noire before it closed down in Sherbrooke. All I know is that they used to sell an energy drink called "Mana Potion" and that one of my pals chugged one down. He told me of the shop as he bounced off the walls.
That was a weird day.

MaxArel is offline   Reply With Quote