Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-28-2021, 10:52 AM   #2461
evenstaves
you renegade maverick
Re: ToysRUs.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightshadeX View Post
maybe hope for price match if a general TF sale hits the price range
Man is it me or has TRU not had a sale on TFs in quite a while?
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 11:06 AM   #2462
NightshadeX
Robot Master
NightshadeX's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
I agree. Saving up for Christmas I assume.
NightshadeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 02:44 PM   #2463
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
Been a while. And last time they did have a sale, this Buzzworthy set was not included in it.

They revealed their christmas TF deals in the catalogue and it's just cyberverse stuff.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 04:27 PM   #2464
Endlessdark
Generation 2

Origins Bumblebee available for store pickup.

Cool, add to cart.

Origins Bumblebee not available for pickup.

WHY
Endlessdark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 07:32 PM   #2465
The Nemesis
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endlessdark View Post
Origins Bumblebee available for store pickup.

Cool, add to cart.

Origins Bumblebee not available for pickup.

WHY

The site is garbage and they refuse to fix it to do things like portray accurate stock levels. 3 times in the span of a couple of days last week my local store said it had Origins Bee available for pickup and it actually processed my order only to then cancel it like 6-8 hours later because "something" went wrong. That "something" turned out to be "actually doesn't have any Origins Bumblebee" as confirmed by in-store visitors the day of my final order attempt.

For a company that complains their relevance and popularity is shrinking and they risk being put out of business, TRU sure does seem hellbent on not even doing the simple things that would make their experience better/tolerable.
Old 11-02-2021, 08:02 PM   #2466
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
For a company that complains their relevance and popularity is shrinking and they risk being put out of business, TRU sure does seem hellbent on not even doing the simple things that would make their experience better/tolerable.
When has Toysrus Canada ever said that?
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 09:38 PM   #2467
Yonoid
Nexus Maximus

If the store is reporting inventory, then the website will allow you to place an order. One of the reasons why they cancel it is they cannot find it.. it's possible it might be on hold or someone hid the figure.

Not saying this is for every situation but someone put aside a figure for me, and soon as I picked it up the inventory for that store online showed out of stock.
Yonoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 10:26 PM   #2468
Endlessdark
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonoid View Post
If the store is reporting inventory, then the website will allow you to place an order. One of the reasons why they cancel it is they cannot find it.. it's possible it might be on hold or someone hid the figure.

Not saying this is for every situation but someone put aside a figure for me, and soon as I picked it up the inventory for that store online showed out of stock.
In my instance, and I tried with different web browsers, it kept saying the item was in stock. When I went to buy it, it wouldn’t allow me to do so.

And someone had reported in the sightings thread that they were on the shelf.
Old 11-04-2021, 02:30 AM   #2469
Carpetbeetle
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
The site is garbage and they refuse to fix it to do things like portray accurate stock levels. 3 times in the span of a couple of days last week my local store said it had Origins Bee available for pickup and it actually processed my order only to then cancel it like 6-8 hours later because "something" went wrong. That "something" turned out to be "actually doesn't have any Origins Bumblebee" as confirmed by in-store visitors the day of my final order attempt.

Have you tried phoning ahead or just shipping it to your house?
Carpetbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 04:50 AM   #2470
Endlessdark
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpetbeetle View Post
Have you tried phoning ahead or just shipping it to your house?
I don’t know what your experience has been like, but here (Vancouver area), it’s nearly impossible to actually get someone to pick up the phone at any of the nearby locations.

I’ve run into a couple times too where IF you finally do get someone on the phone, it’s ‘I’ll call you back’ (which they never do), or the few times now where I’ve been told ‘No we don’t have that’, when someone has posted it about it in the sightings thread, so I go in there and there are multiple sitting on the shelf.

So, it really is a crapshoot. It’s nothing new either. These stores were poorly run even before covid. Retail is a bit of thankless job and you are generally treated like dirt by customers, so I refuse to lose my patience with staff, especially over toys. But I can’t lie and say it hasn’t been frustrating dealing with them especially now that I’ve had to pick up baby stuff as well.

And yeah, that website. Good God.

I’ve placed orders now for that Origins Bee that have been cancelled 5 times. I don’t understand how pick up orders are being cancelled during hours when the store isn’t even open, or within a minute or so of the order being placed. And the website keeps reporting stock in that store and even reporting stock in stores that didn’t before. Ordered. Cancelled. Try to get someone on the phone? Nope, no luck. Repeat.

Last edited by Endlessdark; 11-04-2021 at 04:53 AM.