Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-18-2018, 09:43 AM   #161
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus
Re: Amazon.ca Sightings

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotBot View Post
Well, I followed the lead of you guys, who are probably way smarter about this stuff than me. I ordered, or preordered if you will, Blast off, Repugnus and Punch-counterpunch from.com. Obviously 2 are preorders and Blast off is temporarily out of stock, so nothing is yet shipping. So, 3 questions (even though I think I already know the answers but just for confirmation from you fine folks)
1. I shouldn't be charged anything until at least 1 ships, Yes? 2. If, say, .ca magically had the three appear today, I can go back to.com and cancel? I do hate paying shipping and .ca has Prime.
3. Lastly here, if, say, Blast off comes in and ships from .com and then the other 2 preorders goes up on.ca, while I know I would have to bite the shipping bullet for Blast off, I could still cancel the others and get the last 2 from.ca, right?

1-2.You can likely cancel, the issue might be with the Blast-Off as its not a preorder as listing on the .com, but is just waiting for stock. As well, if you have all three in the same order, im unsure how it works cancelling individual items from an order...I think when you view orders it shows an option to cancel each one. As for being charges, when in stock and shipped out they charge apparently, but with the odd status of the Blast-Off it might get complicated.

3.In theory you can cancel them before they ship, but in not sure how much time you might have to do so, if they start processing the order as in stock, one says Aug 1(Rep.?) and the other Sept 15(PCP?), but the Blast-Off just says no stock but they took orders for it. If all on the same Order# I am unsure how it would work, but it makes sense that even if one item went out from your order, you could cancel the others before they ship out.

Amazon.com seems pretty easy to deal with and they respond to questions promptly it seems. The shipping isnt that bad for multiple items but the import fees are unwelcome..I believe you can ask for alot of those fees back after the sale. Amazon.ca is alot less organised, helpful and honest imo..but more than that they simply do not carry alot of desired product.

Good luck!
MilanX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 11:14 AM   #162
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanX3 View Post
1-2.You can likely cancel, the issue might be with the Blast-Off as its not a preorder as listing on the .com, but is just waiting for stock. As well, if you have all three in the same order, im unsure how it works cancelling individual items from an order...I think when you view orders it shows an option to cancel each one. As for being charges, when in stock and shipped out they charge apparently, but with the odd status of the Blast-Off it might get complicated.

3.In theory you can cancel them before they ship, but in not sure how much time you might have to do so, if they start processing the order as in stock, one says Aug 1(Rep.?) and the other Sept 15(PCP?), but the Blast-Off just says no stock but they took orders for it. If all on the same Order# I am unsure how it would work, but it makes sense that even if one item went out from your order, you could cancel the others before they ship out.

Amazon.com seems pretty easy to deal with and they respond to questions promptly it seems. The shipping isnt that bad for multiple items but the import fees are unwelcome..I believe you can ask for alot of those fees back after the sale. Amazon.ca is alot less organised, helpful and honest imo..but more than that they simply do not carry alot of desired product.

Good luck!
Thanks for the heads up. I mean, it doesn't make a difference in the ling run but nice to be a little more informed and you certainly seem to know more about it than me.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 12:47 PM   #163
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanX3 View Post
Amazon.ca is alot less organised, helpful and honest imo
I can confirm they arent honest. I called to ask what was up with some of their wacko prices (like how come some Marvel elgends are 29.99 and some are 44.99) and they told me they just charge MSRP. Then how come two toys in the same wave have different prices?!?!?!
Fucking bullshit
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 12:54 PM   #164
Yonoid
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
I can confirm they arent honest. I called to ask what was up with some of their wacko prices (like how come some Marvel elgends are 29.99 and some are 44.99) and they told me they just charge MSRP. Then how come two toys in the same wave have different prices?!?!?!
Fucking bullshit
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	14-Serenity-Now.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	40584  
Yonoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 01:40 PM   #165
joelones
Beast Machine

Quote:
Fucking bullshit
But it's very true, their pricing algorithm is all over the place and prices never remain constant. Take a product and look at its price graph on a site like camelcamelcamel, it's obviously designed like that to maximize profit. More so, you also noticed certain products increase in price right before a major sale like prime day to overstate the seemingly "amazing" discount. Like always, buyer beware and do your due diligence by not trusting reviews and comparing prices from various retailers.

Last edited by joelones; 07-18-2018 at 01:47 PM.
joelones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 06:08 PM   #166
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus

Thanks for your input as well. I had an issue with Amazon.ca once where they took my CC number and signed me up for Prime in Canada without permission from me to access my card, a 90.00 subscription fee with my apparent "permission" buried in the transaction account....TD Visa called it a legal fraud. I investigated at the time how they work and compared them to the great service I had with Amazon.com...I also emailed them with some similar questions about these figures as I didnt have them all on the same order. Amazon.com seems ok, and their shipping price is fair compared to shipping them from Asia. For import deposit you might be able to claim some of it back, but it looks like they have a more precise calculation so it might not result in a refund. Still, if you were charged customs you would pay the rate plus an added $10.00 just for CBSA to open the box and finger your Repugnus..hehe...I find I usually dont get taxed however so who knows.

For the pricing, sold by Amazon and fufilled by Amazon means alot as the first is a direct sale and the second has pricing controlled by a 3rd party company...that might explain some of the odd pricing, but with Amazon.ca you dont even have the items listed except for a few minutes where they c*ck tease us with Nemesis Prime. In the end, we are Canadians, we want to buy their international products, and dont want to waste money and time and fuel to just make simple purchases. We should earn a special T-Shirt just trying to find some of these items in Canada!
MilanX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 07:52 PM   #167
Zenith27
Woodward's G1 lurker

We should all consider just getting a spare Optimus, grinding down his head, painting him black and gluing some Dinobot swords together to make that bird thing. Seems to be a simpler option.

PS You can color the glass with a red marker!
Old 07-18-2018, 08:11 PM   #168
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Fucking bullshit
That explains so much, the prices fluctuate a lot though in spite of the huge increase on ML figures, and if you keep track of it you can snatch it up when it hits genuine MSRP or lower with due diligence.

They better not fucking cancel my Cap and Iron Spidey though, especially since Iron Spidey from Thanos was jacked up from the price I ordered him at to 45$ last I checked. It's been almost two weeks and they're still waiting to give me an estimate...

Can somebody explain why they say to Order Now and We'll Let you know when it can be delivered if they aren't guaranteed to get more stock?
Old 07-18-2018, 08:19 PM   #169
funkmasterke
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelones View Post
But it's very true, their pricing algorithm is all over the place and prices never remain constant. Take a product and look at its price graph on a site like camelcamelcamel, it's obviously designed like that to maximize profit. More so, you also noticed certain products increase in price right before a major sale like prime day to overstate the seemingly "amazing" discount. Like always, buyer beware and do your due diligence by not trusting reviews and comparing prices from various retailers.
Their pricing algorithm is pretty wacky sometimes, but it does usually end up causing some crazy deals. Some examples would be it matching a fake third party seller's price so you get something stupid cheap, i've ended up getting up to 90% off some Figuarts and imports this way.

It also is nice as it will match sales that other retailers will be having automatically.
Old 07-18-2018, 08:41 PM   #170
joelones
Beast Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkmasterke View Post
Their pricing algorithm is pretty wacky sometimes, but it does usually end up causing some crazy deals. Some examples would be it matching a fake third party seller's price so you get something stupid cheap, i've ended up getting up to 90% off some Figuarts and imports this way.

It also is nice as it will match sales that other retailers will be having automatically.
For sure, I've seen similar crazy deals as well. Definitely hard cashing in on them unless you somehow regularly monitor prices. As an example this past prime day saw a 12tb hard drive go for $200 which is unheard of, alas I was too slow and missed it.
joelones is offline   Reply With Quote