Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Cybertron.ca Marketplace > Wanted Items

Old 10-11-2013, 10:06 AM   #1
batprime
Mini-Con
Masterpiece Optimus Prime new (TRU MP10) wanted

Hey I'm new to the site and interested in finding a new sealed Hasbro MP Prime (MP10) for myself, the one in the clear package. I've watched some reviews online and he looks pretty cool!

I have LEGO sets to trade (all new in never opened boxes), cash, or combination. I'd prefer to trade and deal in Winnipeg to minimize costs, if possible (but will consider all options).

I want to be fair in a trade or cash but the conditions is also important to me. Please PM me. I know this figure is popular so I'm sure it's hard to find, but just thought I'd put this out there... thanks!
batprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:17 AM   #2
Nazarite
Masterpiece Collector
Re: Masterpiece Optimus Prime new (TRU MP10) wanted

Quote:
I know this figure is popular so I'm sure it's hard to find
That's an understatement. Unfortunately most collectors keep him and scalpers control the eBay market which keeps the MISB prices high.

For those prices I'd consider a Takara Re-issue.
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/search.aspx?search=mp-10

If you have your heart set on a MISB you may have to wait awhile for that deal you are looking for to fall into your lap. Good Luck.
Old 10-11-2013, 10:41 AM   #3
batprime
Mini-Con

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazarite View Post
For those prices I'd consider a Takara Re-issue.
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/search.aspx?search=mp-10

If you have your heart set on a MISB you may have to wait awhile for that deal you are looking for to fall into your lap. Good Luck.
Thanks for your help! I didn't realize there were re-issues at retail. You're right I'm not in a rush to get it. Maybe there'll be a new release in a few years or so as well given he's so popular. They also need to do a new Megatron geez!
batprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 03:08 AM   #4
CanBot
Cybertron

I hope something comes down the line, because this is by far the coolest Prime I have seen, and I really would like to buy one. It may even demand I meet the ebay scalpers price...sadly! But I would really be chaffed if I picked one up there, only to have it reissued in the near future.
CanBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:45 AM   #5
Bruticus
B&K Collectables

Quote:
Originally Posted by batprime View Post
Thanks for your help! I didn't realize there were re-issues at retail. You're right I'm not in a rush to get it. Maybe there'll be a new release in a few years or so as well given he's so popular.
Hasbro never has and probably never will re-release their editions of Masterpieces. If you are planning on waiting until MP10 pops back up in a TRU or something, you'll probably still be waiting on your death bed... they release them as one-time exclusives and that's it. Takara (the originator or Masterpieces) are the only ones that reproduce them (along with the KOs you end up seeing now on the market), so I would recommend, like anyone else, to go with the Takara V2 release, if you REALLY want one.

http://tfsource.com/masterpiece/mp-10-optimus-prime/

Quote:
Originally Posted by batprime View Post
They also need to do a new Megatron geez!
MP05 is being re-released too. Chances are this is the last time Megatron is being re-released as there are US concerns, as always, about his gun mode. There are a few dealers on the boards here that resell them and can ship to you, or...

http://tfsource.com/masterpiece/mp05-megatron/

-----------------------------------------------------
Add B&K Collectables to your Facebook HERE

Follow B&K Collectables on your Twitter HERE

Subscribe to the B&K Collectables' newsletter HERE
------------------------------------------------------
Cybertron.ca Feedback Thread --> http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=18760
Bruticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:48 AM   #6
Crobot91
Metroplex

I'd have to disagree with the above. The MP-01 mold was available twice in north american retail and there are rumours that the next chinese tru exclusive (to be released in north america next year) will be the MP-10 mold.

Tags
masterpiece, mp10, optimus, prime