Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 08-04-2009, 07:16 PM   #11
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ
Re: Need help about Digital Cameras.

Before you dive in, you should consider checking out some reviews. This is a good camera review site...

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 07:35 PM   #12
Phalanx
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonMK View Post
Another question. When I check the website posted previously, they have 3 section for Digital Camera.

Sleek & Thin
Extended Zoom
Point & Shoot

Sleek & Thin, I assume its just a very small camera easy to bring everywhere.

Extended Zoom, I assume its just so I can take photos from very far away?

Point & Shoot, is it the same as Sleek & Thin but bigger?

That's pretty much it.

Sleek and thin are meant to fit in a pocket, be easy to carry, etc etc. Because of their size, they tend to come with more compromises... They can still be very good camera's but probably won't come with as many options or capabilities of larger cameras. They're good if you want to have a camera on you all the time.

Extended zoom will have larger bodies, and better magnification than smaller cameras. Not just good for long distance shots, but good for macro shots. Tend to give the best image quality overall, but the tradeoff is bulk... not the sort of camera you want to carry around with you at all times.

Point and shoot are meant to be simple, straightforward cameras. They fall somewhere in between the other two. Easier to carry around. On par or better than sleek or thin (on par cameras will be cheaper, usually). Good for going on vacation or when you're going to a place you know you'll want to take pictures, but not good for a casual night out.

Oh, one other note... Optical vs digital zoom... Optical will yield better pictures than digital, if that sort of thing matters to you.

And yes, reviews are good, as mentioned earlier.

Last edited by Phalanx; 08-04-2009 at 07:37 PM.
Phalanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 12:12 PM   #13
Mike
Robot Master
Mike's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan101 View Post
I'd say pass on both since Canon camera's are horrible, go for a Nikon or Pentax
why do you say they are horrible? With the Powershot series camera's, you can have them set to fully auto, or fully manual control everything in the camera, from shutter speed, to focusing, to aperature, they do bracketing for HDR imagery, most of the newer series have super macro, which can focus on anything right up untill its touching the lens, as well as 12X optical zoom, all built in to the same camera.

The powershot cameras are simple to use for beginners, and amazingly diverse at the same time, jsut because they can do so much, for such a small price.

Last edited by Mike; 08-05-2009 at 12:14 PM.
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote