Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 01:34 PM   #21
Window
Robot Master
Re: What's with this community...

Basically if you disagree with Shabooya you're nuts, if you agree you get a well said.

That aside - the community as a whole does a good job of educating people on pricing but when you have long time members who continually price high it creates a distorted idea of what the pricing actually is.

All it takes is 1 person to cause an avalanche.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:34 PM   #22
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Sorry but what are you looking for?

You do a thread talking about posting "ridiculously out to lunch" prices, highlighting them and calling them ridiculously out to lunch. Next you do a thread complaining about people commenting on high pricing???

You honestly don't see the hypocrisy coming from you by starting one thread and then complaining about what you started a thread about in the next thread you start????

In regards to this thread topic (not directed at you Shabooya, but a general comment):

Don't like the price, don't buy. Feel you should make a comment to the person selling for whatever reason? Probably best to just keep quiet.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:41 PM   #23
chovner
Titanium
chovner's Ebay Auctions

A lot of people here are too sensitive about a lot of things, and like everyone to know. Their feelings get hurt when someone prices something higher than they feel is fair so they need to right that wrong by public shaming... and they're protected by the blanket of the internets so they don't even have to deal with the face to face part of it.
I'll be willing to bet most of what's said in these cases wouldn't be said in person...
Ask CBII and STI 2NV... Anything I say on here, I'd say to someone's face with a big smile on my face.

Why so sensitive people? IT'S THE INETERNET... expect people to voice any stupid comment that comes to their head, and then just ignore it and move on.

Our forefathers would be so ashamed of us... They had real life problems... Like War, small pox, bears, forest fires... Problems complained about today: "He's trolling!!!" or "HEY SCALPER... WHY DON'T YOU GO SCALP SOMEWHERE ELSE.... STUPID SCALPER....YEAH!!!!"
lol if War happens we're so f*cked....
Old 03-18-2013, 01:44 PM   #24
0taku
Machine War
0taku's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to 0taku Send a message via Yahoo to 0taku

Quote:
Originally Posted by chovner View Post
Our forefathers would be so ashamed of us... They had real life problems... Like War, small pox, bears, forest fires... Problems complained about today: "He's trolling!!!" or "HEY SCALPER... WHY DON'T YOU GO SCALP SOMEWHERE ELSE.... STUPID SCALPER....YEAH!!!!"
lol if War happens we're so f*cked....

I wish i had real life problems like "bears" it would make my life that much more interesting
Old 03-18-2013, 01:45 PM   #25
vohkuhl
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by chovner View Post
A lot of people here are too sensitive about a lot of things, and like everyone to know. Their feelings get hurt when someone prices something higher than they feel is fair so they need to right that wrong by public shaming... and they're protected by the blanket of the internets so they don't even have to deal with the face to face part of it.
I'll be willing to bet most of what's said in these cases wouldn't be said in person...
Ask CBII and STI 2NV... Anything I say on here, I'd say to someone's face with a big smile on my face.
Let's Skype right now...

But I have nothing to say...
Old 03-18-2013, 01:54 PM   #26
Window
Robot Master

Everything I say here I would say in person.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:57 PM   #27
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabooya View Post
It doesn't make sense to be able to sell something one place and to get ridiculed for it here.

Why do we feel we're so much better?
To be honest other places are more anonymous for seller and buyer. Kijiji/eBay is aimed more at the general public as everyone could see it. I am sure that there are a lot of people who check Kijiji that would not be on this site. Up until 2 years ago or so I didn't know that sites like this even existed. When it comes to this site or others like it anyone who lists sales threads are aimed at a specific clientle or maybe a more educated one as people here would know more about "the going rate" so to speak. Again this simply comes down to a matter of opinion and I don't think anyone should take the comments that personally. As this stands this seems to be a discussion thread and anyone is entiltled to thier opinion. It does not seem to make sense to ask for opinions and crticize them for it as it states you ask for a price and then get criticized for it. Lastly as others have mentioned if you don't like a price you simply say "that's crazy" and move on to the next.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:00 PM   #28
AeroShake
Made of Gundamium
Send a message via Skype™ to AeroShake

If an item is being sold for a high price that the general community won't accept, then it won't sell and it's the sellers problem to fix that price. If someone wants to buy it, they can HAGGLE, that's the whole point of bartering. You work out deals, you offer prices. Both parties should be satisfied, if you feel like you can make more money off it, then ask to raise the price, if you feel like you could save money, ASK to lower it. FIND A MEDIAN. Again, like most of the people before me.. No one is forcing you to buy anything.

If a seller is being ridiculed for his pricing, that's just unfortunate. Then again, everyone has a different sense of value when it comes to things. Some people would rather charge more and others would rather pay less. It's rather pointless to force your own ideals on how much someone is allowed to sell something.

If you still think it's unfair then woopdefuckingdoo, there are probably more problems for you to deal with than complaining about a Hasbro MP10 being sold for double price.

Wants/Needs
- DAFT PUNK MEMORABILIA
- GCreations Six Shot
- Maketoys Cross Dimension Nemesis Prime
- Transformers Kuro Kara Kuri Tarn
- Transformers Kuro Kara Kuri Star Saber
- Warhammer 40k stuff

Old 03-18-2013, 02:13 PM   #29
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabooya View Post
Not what I am implicating and I could care less if it were the case.
I wonder why you want to make this personal though?

If you search through the Buy/Sell and the Wanted you will see they are rife with similar posts from many other members.
I'm not making this personal. I'm just trying to point out that not everyone is shooting flames at you. It's a community. People will want to help you and people will want to bitch at you. Listen or ignore as you like but try to lend an ear to people that want to help you constructively. You've been singled out so your back is up and that's unfortunate. Get through this and learn something for next time.

So to boil this all down to the essentials:
Are your prices high? Yes.

Is it anyone else's business that your prices are high other than yours? No.

Old 03-18-2013, 02:14 PM   #30
Window
Robot Master

How is commentary on pricing a bad thing?

Shaming no, but commenting that the average price has been X is fair especially to educate other potential buyers.

There seems to be a bit of a dyslexia here where its okay to price how you want but god forbid you have others go into those threads and post price history.
Closed Thread