Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 07-20-2011, 02:45 PM   #11
pud333
Animated
Re: I hate this hobby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jourdo View Post
I think this site is our colletor's anonymous. Although we seem to enable each other more than helping.
This site is one of the worst enablers out there. I find the more vibrant the community threads on a toy site, the worse it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chovner View Post
I tried to restrcit myself to one glass case, but then that spilled over into a bookshelf, and now that bookshelf is half full...
I am in the same boat. Started out thinking only one bookshelf, now I have three and need a forth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
Every TF movie I tell myself I will hold back and wait for sales instead of BUYING EVERYTHING ASAP............ and yet..........
This is my problem too. Every time I'm like, "I'll wait for deals..." But then I cave because I think, "But maybe they'll sell out and I'll be SOL!"

Right now I have a huge problem with SDCC items coming out. The amount of money I'll probably spend on these is... embarassing.

pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 03:02 PM   #12
UltraMarknus
Springer Fanboy
UltraMarknus's Ebay Auctions

Oh man, I am constantly saying to myself enough is enough and you need to sell. Then I go through stuff and tell myself "I can't sell this, I can't sell ". So then, whats the point?

I am at a point though that I have no more room in my man cave. I have always considered myself a strong willed person but TFs have me by tha bahlz.

My Feedback Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=ultramarknus
UltraMarknus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 03:25 PM   #13
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
Collecting. It drives me nuts. I love it, but I hate it at the same time. Every time I get to a point where I feel, "Okay. I got everything I want. I don't need anything else. Nothing else out there interests me. So now is the time to cut back, ween myself off of collecting toys..." I see something else I want.

There was a good three or four months when nothing that great was coming out, and I thought I was safe. But I was wrong. Case in point: SDCC Blaster. I've been searching every Winners high and low for the past week. It is tiresome, but I can't stop searching. I keep thinking, "Maybe today..." Maybe today has been every day, sometimes twice a day.

Anyone else ever try to "quit" the hobby? Is there a Collector's Anonymous support group?
Maybe you should have tried looking at Home Sense since that's where Blaster was sighted...not Winners...

And why would I quit what I enjoy? This is a hobby, it should make you happy, not frustrate you. If it gets to the point where it's causing you ulcers and loss of hair...ya....quit.

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 03:27 PM   #14
pud333
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraMarknus View Post
Oh man, I am constantly saying to myself enough is enough and you need to sell. Then I go through stuff and tell myself "I can't sell this, I can't sell ". So then, whats the point?
My problem too. I tried to go through and sell items, but I think I've already paired down my collection to the max.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan View Post
Maybe you should have tried looking at Home Sense since that's where Blaster was sighted...not Winners...
I did! Just no luck. And judging from others who visit the same stores, I'm not the only one. Speaking of, my lunchbreak is coming up. Time to try hit up the stores again!

Old 07-20-2011, 11:15 PM   #15
Dragon Knight
Geass'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraMarknus View Post

I am at a point though that I have no more room in my man cave. I have always considered myself a strong willed person but TFs have me by tha bahlz.
The problem is that I find myself growing VERY attatched to the things that I buy. I can't usually bring myself to let go of something from my collection.
Old 07-21-2011, 12:12 AM   #16
Cheers Ian
twitter @cheersian

I only get frustrated by my lack of shelf space.
Old 07-21-2011, 01:01 PM   #17
pud333
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheers Ian View Post
I only get frustrated by my lack of shelf space.
The other day, I was standing in my toy room thinking, "I need a bigger condo..."

Old 07-21-2011, 02:21 PM   #18
Autobotz24
G1 Junkie
Autobotz24's Ebay Auctions

I have transformer figures taking up valuable realestate on all my furniture. My gf told me that she'll buy me a nice big glass display case for them when we move in together so that should ease some of the pain. Problem is I'm nearly tapped out for space and tfcon is coming up.

I am so screwed

Feedback thread
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...ght=Autobotz24

Among the winners, there is no room for the weak
Autobotz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:46 PM   #19
Autovolt 127
Animated

I'm only fustrated when Their's QC Problems or i can't find what i'm looking for or find room in my collection.

Otherwise i'm great with this hobby.
Add me on Discord: Autovolt#7759
Autovolt 127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:49 PM   #20
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant
Send a message via AIM to Nomad Send a message via MSN to Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Knight View Post
The problem is that I find myself growing VERY attatched to the things that I buy. I can't usually bring myself to let go of something from my collection.
I think a lot of us are like this, even if we're not technically hoarders (yet)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
"they're all gone, vultures everywhere"
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hobby collecting quit