Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 12-27-2010, 01:11 PM   #11
King Benny
Generation 1
Re: Peru Trip Panoramic Photos

Awesome pics!!! We went to Peru in August/September 2010 and saw many of the places you did. Best trip of our lives. I highly recommend Peru to anyone interested in going to South America. Peru is not a large country but it is so diverse geologically with the ocean, desert, jungle, Andes mountains. The climate really changes depending on where you are. Each of those regions are unique in their culture as well.

Parts of Machu Picchu is rebuilt but it is still the largest, most preserved inca city discovered. The other sites are only a fraction of what they used to be - they were all torn down by the Spanish Conquistadors to be used to build their own structures.

Machu Picchu's draw is where it is located. Simply stunning when we saw it. Machu Picchu deserves the hype it gets, but Peru has so much more to offer. On our trip, we were in the jungle (southern Tambopata region), Cusco, Machu Picchu, Sacred Valley, Lake Titicaca (largest navigable lake in the world), and bit of Lima. Every part of the trip was a highlight!

Awesome trip man... definitely want to go back again and see the places we didn't have time to see.

Were you adventurous trying their traditional dishes? Food in Peru is outstanding. We ate a lot of Ceviche (raw seafood marinated in lime juice) and Alpaca... but we were not daring enough to try cuy (guinea pig).

We didn't haggle either. We over tipped heavily if the services we received were good. We were treated very well by the extremely friendly and helpful Peruvian people.
King Benny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 09:23 PM   #12
pud333
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Benny View Post
Were you adventurous trying their traditional dishes? Food in Peru is outstanding. We ate a lot of Ceviche (raw seafood marinated in lime juice) and Alpaca... but we were not daring enough to try cuy (guinea pig).
Yeah, I tried anything and everything I came across. I love sashimi so the Ceviche was great. I never got to try the guinea pig, because all the restaurants served it without the face, and I wanted the face. I did manage to find it in Pisac, they were just sitting there, whole and cooked, but my girlfriend refused to let me try it, since we didn't know how long it had been sitting there. Even tried the pork fat. (Not good, but for 30 cents CDN, what do you expect?)

Peru was great, and everyone was cool. The only negative people I came across was this street kid that called me something racist for not buying her stuff, but that was the only time I ever got any hostility.

In Bolivia, I did the Most Dangerous Road (or Death Road) mountain biking tour. Did you do that? It was awesome. Lots of fun.

Click image for larger version

Name:	162947_468861529645_617104645_5917232_2714170_n.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	8748Click image for larger version

Name:	66882_468860219645_617104645_5917195_3631063_n.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	8749

For those that don't know, it's a mountain biking tour that starts at 4700 meters up, all the way down to about 1200 meters, on a very narrow dirt road where about 200-300 people died in vehicle accidents - mostly going over the cliffs. Very fun. Here's a youtube video of the tour from ABC news:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtUaherTC50

Last edited by pud333; 12-27-2010 at 09:31 PM.
pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 09:54 PM   #13
pud333
Animated

Just for the fun of it, here are some photos I took of Spider-man in Peru.

Spider-man at Machu Picchu:

Spider-man vs The Lizard:

Spider-man vs Black Cat:

Spider-man vs Doctor Octopus:

pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:07 PM   #14
racerguy76
Nexus Maximus

Thats too funny. I have a Legends Prime and Sock finger puppet Spiderman I travel with too!!!
Old 12-28-2010, 12:00 AM   #15
Perceptor
Alternator

I've never been there but your pictures make me want to go... scenary is amazing! Thanks so much for sharing.

Tags
peru vacation