Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 12-11-2010, 03:06 PM   #21
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind
Re: You know you order too many toys online when...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Rage View Post
Actually, depending on the price, Winners brand name shirts can actually be cheaper, or at least better bang for the buck. I got a few Perry Ellis shirts for $19 and $25. They definitely get old stock from The Bay.

Plus, some George shirts aren't 100% cotton, they're a blend of polyester/cotton, which drives up (or can double) the cost of dry cleaning.

Dry Cleaning? What is that :P

I have two Kids, a car payment, a Mortgage and a expensive addition to toys, you think I havn't cut that out of the budget years ago?

Wash and wear baby, wash and wear.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 03:34 PM   #22
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

lol TJ, you are the dry cleaners!

I thought you said the TRU employees and manager also recognize you since you've been shopping there for a decade or so.
Dark Rage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 04:15 PM   #23
Mumps
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
When you get a box in the mail, you read the return address, you see the size of the box, you see the item content sticker and STILL you have no idea what it is.
This happened to me on Thursday. I was had completely forgotten that I had ordered the "Phantom of Screamer" set from TFSource. Christmas came early
Mumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 06:15 PM   #24
pud333
Animated

Quote:
Actually, depending on the price, Winners brand name shirts can actually be cheaper, or at least better bang for the buck. I got a few Perry Ellis shirts for $19 and $25. They definitely get old stock from The Bay.

Plus, some George shirts aren't 100% cotton, they're a blend of polyester/cotton, which drives up (or can double) the cost of dry cleaning.
I have recently discovered H&M. I've gotten some decent shirts and pants at discount for as low as $15 from their sale rack. Looks like stuff from Banana Republic, but cheaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
Wash and wear baby, wash and wear.
100% fucking agree. If it can't be crammed into a washing machine, I don't want anything to do with it. The most effort I'll do is hang dry my shirts. Can't be bothered to iron, and I find if you hang dry it, it doesn't look half bad.

pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 07:08 PM   #25
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

H&M stuff doesn't last a year, since they're so cheap quality. It'll either rip or some other thing will make it unwearable.

I have to iron, to look presentable...blasphemy

...You know you order too much when you're using the rec room and the spare kitchen as storage space (getting crammed), not including your own room, which is primary storage, and looks like a Tetris level of transformer boxes

Like so:

Last edited by Dark Rage; 12-21-2010 at 06:51 PM.
Dark Rage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 05:16 PM   #26
pud333
Animated

...your mailman hands your girlfriend a package and calls you buy your first name, and in exchange, your girlfriend gives the mailman chocolates for Christmas.

...you go to pick up your package from the postoffice and when you hand the guy your ID, he says, "I don't need your ID. If I don't know you by now, I am never going to know you." Then he makes you go over to the side to pick up the package yourself since the box is too big for him to carry.

Quote:
...You know you order too muchwhen you're using the rec room and the spare kitchen as storage space (getting crammed), not including your own room, which is primary storage, and looks like a Tetris level of transformer boxes
Jeebus, that's a lot of stuff crammed in there!

And yeah, H&M stuff doesn't last a year, but neither does anything else I buy. Suits, I'll pay top dollar for, but shoes, shirts and ties, I destroy for some reason.

pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 06:23 PM   #27
Ozrein
Stunticon

My wife got to know our mailman pretty good a few years ago. I'd be getting a package/week on average and she was on medical EI around that time. He'd just ring the apartment intercom and say 'he's got another box of toys'. I finally met him a few months ago since I've been working from home. Of course that one time, it was automotive parts, lol.