Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 02-26-2024, 05:31 PM   #7231
alphatrion5
Generation 2
Re: Amazon.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

I just did EMS with HLJ and had a $30 duty on top of tax and $10 handling. As far as I know there is no duty on toys made in China. They were clearly marked toys by HLJ but the idiots at CBS marked it as machinery. I bought a Transformers Masterpiece and two Diaclone.

My AMJ missing link came in as well. I bought two of each type and didn’t get one perfect box. One with trailer has damage on three corners.

Last week I received a Masterpiece train bot and part of the picture on the box had been torn off.
alphatrion5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 05:34 PM   #7232
Skorpulator
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by delrue View Post
Good to know. I avoid DHL like the plague because I have had bad experiences with them.
UPS and Fedex are far, far worse. And slower.
Skorpulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 05:57 PM   #7233
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by delrue View Post
Good to know. I avoid DHL like the plague because I have had bad experiences with them
ditto bruv
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 11:45 PM   #7234
CyberDragon10K
Predacon Rising

Fedex is is on my shit list for their sloppy weasel behavior. The only time I've had stuff arrive drama free from HLJ is with Registered Mail. None of this run-to-the-Canada-Post nonsense with EMS/DHL.

Sadly I'm not seeing a Registered Mail option for my latest Private Warehouse batch...

TNT Shipping is another one you should all avoid if you can. Crap service and they charge you for their failings and incompetence.
CyberDragon10K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2024, 03:37 PM   #7235
NightshadeX
Robot Master
NightshadeX's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphatrion5 View Post
I just did EMS with HLJ and had a $30 duty on top of tax and $10 handling. As far as I know there is no duty on toys made in China. They were clearly marked toys by HLJ but the idiots at CBS marked it as machinery. I bought a Transformers Masterpiece and two Diaclone.

My AMJ missing link came in as well. I bought two of each type and didn?t get one perfect box. One with trailer has damage on three corners.

Last week I received a Masterpiece train bot and part of the picture on the box had been torn off.
The customs form has a simplified appeal form on the reverse side. It's easy enough to file an appeal for something like that and you will get the $30 duty back (you won't get the $10 handling and tax though). I've done it before.

As for the AMJ experience, I definitely get that all the time. Being in NB, DHL packages seems to get beat up to heck by DHL and their subcontractors in Canada. I've had stuff repackaged at times because the shipping box was destroyed. Most times, the toy inside is fine, but the toy's box is dinged. I don't keep stuff MISB or MIB so it doesn't bother me too much, but it's aggravating. One time it was repackaged after clearly getting wet and things were missing because the boxes had been opened - I had to return those to Japan and get new ones. Very annoying.

But overall price/ease/speed, AMJ and DHL are better than most alternatives if you can pre-order enough at once to split the shipping cost across the items... Better than paying Canada Post's $10 processing fee if you're hit with taxes...

Last edited by NightshadeX; 02-27-2024 at 03:40 PM.
NightshadeX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2024, 05:26 PM   #7236
delrue
Crossover

Card was finally charged for Crimson Flame, looks like more should be getting shipped out soon.
delrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2024, 05:31 PM   #7237
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

I randomly recieved my Crimson Flame yesterday.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2024, 06:24 PM   #7238
alphatrion5
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightshadeX View Post
The customs form has a simplified appeal form on the reverse side. It's easy enough to file an appeal for something like that and you will get the $30 duty back (you won't get the $10 handling and tax though). I've done it before.

As for the AMJ experience, I definitely get that all the time. Being in NB, DHL packages seems to get beat up to heck by DHL and their subcontractors in Canada. I've had stuff repackaged at times because the shipping box was destroyed. Most times, the toy inside is fine, but the toy's box is dinged. I don't keep stuff MISB or MIB so it doesn't bother me too much, but it's aggravating. One time it was repackaged after clearly getting wet and things were missing because the boxes had been opened - I had to return those to Japan and get new ones. Very annoying.

But overall price/ease/speed, AMJ and DHL are better than most alternatives if you can pre-order enough at once to split the shipping cost across the items... Better than paying Canada Post's $10 processing fee if you're hit with taxes...
Yeah I have the form ready to mail in. It was actually $38.

I have purchased tons AMJ and usually the items inside are good but like you said the box is often beat up. Just got more orders today thankfully the other box took the damage on my DA-100 but the other shipping box which was in good shape had my masterpiece 44s Optimus torn right across the center back of his box. Like the MP train bot this damage was there before they shipped it.

I just tried to set up a return/exchange and there app doesn?t allow it. Guess I?ll have to wait until they open.

Did you end up loosing money doing a return? Exchange and other charges

Last edited by alphatrion5; 02-27-2024 at 06:30 PM.
Old 02-27-2024, 06:36 PM   #7239
Skorpulator
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphatrion5 View Post
I just did EMS with HLJ and had a $30 duty on top of tax and $10 handling. As far as I know there is no duty on toys made in China.
Aren't Transformers made in other countries like Vietnam now?
Skorpulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2024, 06:48 PM   #7240
alphatrion5
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorpulator View Post
Aren't Transformers made in other countries like Vietnam now?
Shows made in China on the box. But the $38 duty charge said Machinery. So maybe they thought it was a different kind of transformer in spite of the fact that HLJ declared them as models/toys.