Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 02-13-2021, 03:59 PM   #1181
UsernamePrime
G.I. Joe is better.
Re: ToysRUs.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

https://www.toysrus.ca/en/Transforme.../A48BA9DE.html
UsernamePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 04:01 PM   #1182
counteresperanto
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
Thrust no longer comes up on the site using the search function, could you please post the link,?
I'm not the guy you were asking, but since I have it handy, here it is. I had to google "earthrise thrust canada" to find it.

https://www.toysrus.ca/en/Transforme.../A48BA9DE.html
counteresperanto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 07:10 PM   #1183
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

Let's hope Runabout is not too far behind.
Old 02-13-2021, 07:24 PM   #1184
The Nemesis
Alternator

Great. Now that means either calling stores regularly or having to stop in there frequently for no other reason.

It's like everyone's trying to make distribution a giant, infuriating pain in the ass this last year or so.
Old 02-13-2021, 09:00 PM   #1185
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
Great. Now that means either calling stores regularly or having to stop in there frequently for no other reason.

It's like everyone's trying to make distribution a giant, infuriating pain in the ass this last year or so.
I'd say distribution has been ass since after Seige Wave 1 released. There were tons of those figures everywhere and it's never been like that ever again.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 10:02 PM   #1186
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post

No you don't. It's just a placeholder, there is no point to running in until an actual sighting takes place. I have already spoken to TRU and they don't have any in the warehouse as of two days ago
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 11:37 AM   #1187
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus

Yes, I think they put up those placeholders to hype up future popular releases...then disappear them before a final proper release that sells out rapidly...More Than Meets the Eye!
MilanX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 08:31 PM   #1188
Icetron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
I'd say distribution has been ass since after Seige Wave 1 released. There were tons of those figures everywhere and it's never been like that ever again.
I think first Earthrise wave had a lot lying around, then after that I never saw any figures anywhere again lol.
Old 02-16-2021, 09:23 PM   #1189
The Nemesis
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post
No you don't. It's just a placeholder, there is no point to running in until an actual sighting takes place. I have already spoken to TRU and they don't have any in the warehouse as of two days ago

I know I'm not running to check right now. I'm more meaning that if it's in-store only that's a hell of a lot more hassle to watch for than online sales because the store stock tracker is inconsistent at best and individual store allocations are often hilariously random. Just for example the WFC cassette 4-pack had one shipment made to my local TRU and that was it. I watched and waited for weeks until it got to the point that I was concerned they weren't coming and managed to buy a copy off a boardie who had an extra one from doing multiple cautionary pre-orders with other retailers. Then literally the week after that they showed up at the local TRU and lasted like a couple days before vanishing forever.

As frustrating as the panicky watch for online stock tends to be, at least TRU usually offers decent windows to get stuff in. Plus the fact that my TRU locations are kind of out of the way. It's not the same as checking walmart because I'm already there to get groceries or household stuff or whatever.
Old 02-17-2021, 05:56 AM   #1190
Monari
Generation 1

Would you say it's easier to break through the border to get to a Target to find Runabout rather than hoping one will show up on TRU's website?
Monari is offline   Reply With Quote