Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 06-07-2011, 04:27 PM   #1
pud333
Animated
I've poisoned the minds of children!

Okay, so there are two children in my life that belong to my best friend (4 and 2 yrs old). We hang out on a biweekly basis, sometimes I babysit, and I just love them to death. They're great kids. When they come over, they go into my toy room knowing that some toys are for playing (eg: DCUC, Transformers, MU) while others are for looking at until they get older (eg: Macross, Revoltech, Figms, etc).

Now, these kids don't know about superheroes or transformers in general. They don't watch TV, and their parents think most things are too violent. The 4 year old comes in to play with Classics Inferno, and only likes the firetruck mode (he cries if I try to transform it. He thinks I'm breaking it).

Anyway, I introduced them to Street Fighter IV by accident on the playstation, and ever since then, they always want to playfight me when I babysit. I guess the other day, the oldest went up to his mother and asked her to play Street Fighter with him. This is how she said the conversation went:

Mom: No, I won't play Street Fighter. It's too violent. How do you play it anyway?
Kid: You kick me in the face!"
Mom: Um... what?
Kid: Uncle kicks me in the face and shoots me with a fireball, then I electrocute him...
Mom:...

lol. I almost died laughing when she told me this. - For the record, there is no actual punching or kicking. I just think it's good for kids to know their physical limits through playfighting.

The other day, I gave the kid one of my extra Robin DCUC figures, and he apparently said to his mom, "I'm not going to play with it. Uncle doesn't play with it, so I won't. I want a collection like him." Brought a tear to my eye. Needless to say, when I have kids, they are so going to be brainwashed.

Last edited by pud333; 06-07-2011 at 04:29 PM.
pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 05:39 PM   #2
Commandoclone87
Seeker
Re: I've poisoned the minds of children!

LOL, sounds like you created your on little "Mini-Me"
Commandoclone87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 05:47 PM   #3
Autovolt 127
Animated

At first i thought you were a criminal mastermind then i read your post.

Then I LOL'D.

That's one of the best tales i've herd in a while. I wish i had children to mold in to my own image but then again i'm only 16.
Add me on Discord: Autovolt#7759
Autovolt 127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 05:51 PM   #4
pud333
Animated

I think that's the best thing about kids: their impressionable minds. Mwahahahaha!

Old 06-07-2011, 05:59 PM   #5
Vain
Spin Drive Smasher

Okay right off the bat, Street fighter leaves such an impression on young minds, I was a kid when Street fighter 2 came out and since then Cammy has been my own lil' crush and played every street fighter to date,maining Cammy if I could. That and Shoryukens were my answer to everything when I was young.

Teacher: So if a stranger tells you to get into his car, what do you say? Yes Charlie?
Me: SHORYUKENNNNNNNNNN!

Friend: He's being so mean to me, what should I do?
Me: I don't know, Ken would use a Shoryuken.

Mom: Bed time!
Me: SHORYUKENNNNNNNNN!

It's cute though, I remember when my younger cousins would always look up to me for that kind of stuff. They didn't understand how I pulled off to be such a cool kid in school yet be this geek at the same time at home, they're still impressed.

"They can't beat the Best"

Follow me on Instagram: @Dropdead_Charlie
Game with me on PsN: Dropdead_Charlie

-------------------------------------
Vain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 06:43 PM   #6
Dragon Knight
Geass'd

LOL, converting people over to the Dark Side, I see.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:55 PM   #7
pud333
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vain View Post
Shoryukens were my answer to everything when I was young.
Shoryukens would bring world peace. Seriously though, you should hear his stories about his "fights." He'll go on giant, elaborate stories to his grandparents, and I'm like, "That totally didn't happen."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Knight View Post
LOL, converting people over to the Dark Side, I see.

Normally I wouldn't interfere in how a child is raised, but I just couldn't resist. Those kids are being raised as near vegans, with no TV. Most TV is terrible, but I feel they are missing out on some really good popular culture. I grew up with Optimus Prime and Superman. Heck, they practically raised me when my parents were at work. I just wanted to share that sort of stuff with them (maybe not necessarily Street Fighter, but it appears that was the gateway drug... admittedly that was by accident. I forgot I had it on when they came over one day.)

Last edited by pud333; 06-07-2011 at 07:57 PM.

Tags
kids collection