Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 12-12-2010, 06:05 PM   #21
wheeljaxx
Always in pain.
Re: YEARGHHHHH! I hate work politics!

The name of the call centre was Pollara, so if any one calls from Pollara, or Insight market research (what we were called a few years ago) HANG UP!! LOL

they only have 1 centre still open, and the rest has gone to on-line surveys. I did Data coding, not actual phone work. I took all those open questions and put them into numbers that a percentage could be taken from. ANYWAY. I'm still good though, i'm self employed as well doing photography. Only thing is wedding season only starts around late april, so i have to move where i can get more photo work. The call centre just filled in the gaps and put extra money in my pocket during the slow periods between shoots.

Xmas hasn't been the same at my house since my mom died. we lost a family member each xmas for the last 3 years.
wheeljaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 01:42 AM   #22
pud333
Animated

Well the party was a bust. Just pointless, as usual. It's always the same every year. There are only two or three people in the whole company that I really get along with and actually consider friends, so every year, after some fake laughing for the bosses, I go into a corner with the same two or three people I always hang out with.

On the plus side, on the way home, I managed to catch the last two rounds of the main event at a local cafe and got to see GSP beat on Koscheck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeljaxx View Post
Well, our xmas party was cancelled this year do to HEAD OFFICE SHUTTING US DOWN!! yup. lost my job at xmas. so did 120 other people. catch is, it's all part timers so no severance, no benifits, no nothing, and since it's a call centre, hardly any hours for decent EI.

Merry f#@king xmas eh?
Jesus, what a crock of shit. I'm really sorry to hear that man. I'm finding more and more businesses are only hiring part time staff precisely because they don't have to deal with benefits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buhawi View Post
the company I work for actually holds multiple parties a year and its always free and open bar.
Open bar? Man, I wish! We get one drink ticket when we get in and then get a big speech from management reminding us that "this is still a work function." Translation: Don't be a jackass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
Just got back from the Branch party. Nothing kicks off a night of bad signing like a sesson of Ice Ice Baby buy yours truly...
Last time I did Karaoke was in university and we sang "Yellow Submarine" in death metal voices.

Quote:
Xmas hasn't been the same at my house since my mom died. we lost a family member each xmas for the last 3 years.
Man, this is worse than the part about losing your job. Sorry to hear that man.

pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 07:30 PM   #23
wheeljaxx
Always in pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pud333 View Post

Man, this is worse than the part about losing your job. Sorry to hear that man.

thanx.

yeah, because we've pretty much been at the hospital every december for the last 3 years, we just got used to not decorating, so this year, and last we just lit a church candle we got for each of our lost family, and exchange our gifts around the candles. There are no kids in my family, so it's no real big deal to go all out anyway.
now NEW YEARS!! HA, thats a different story. i travel to Halifax every year, and party with some of the HOTTEST, KINKIEST models you'll EVER MEET!! drunk girls and mistletoe, fetish models and mini skirts, stiletto heels and illegal substances.....

yeah, i'll pass on xmas and go straight for the new years orgy thank you very much!! :
Old 12-13-2010, 08:11 PM   #24
Autobotz24
G1 Junkie
Autobotz24's Ebay Auctions

Can I come?

Feedback thread
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...ght=Autobotz24

Among the winners, there is no room for the weak
Autobotz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 08:49 PM   #25
wheeljaxx
Always in pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobotz24 View Post
Can I come?
$200 and i'll let you watch from outside the window. $500 gets you in the door. $1000 and i'll introduce you to one of the dominatrix

Old 12-13-2010, 10:27 PM   #26
Autobotz24
G1 Junkie
Autobotz24's Ebay Auctions

Your a cruel, cruel man.

Feedback thread
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...ght=Autobotz24

Among the winners, there is no room for the weak
Autobotz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:16 PM   #27
CyberMnky
Animated

The key is to find some blackmail on him and thereby accompany him for free...

If you are reading this then you must be bored...

CyberMnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 05:26 PM   #28
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

Quote:
Well, our xmas party was cancelled this year do to HEAD OFFICE SHUTTING US DOWN!! yup. lost my job at xmas. so did 120 other people. catch is, it's all part timers so no severance, no benifits, no nothing, and since it's a call centre, hardly any hours for decent EI.

Merry f#@king xmas eh?
I'm sorry to hear that man. There is never a good time for that kind of thing, but Christmas makes ti extra sucky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post

Yeah well... it has it's perks...

Umm...

well there is the... oh wait,

but of course the... hmm, not anymore...

how about the... nope.

...I get paid money
You get to swim around in the giant money bin sometimes... right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
Open bar? Man, I wish! We get one drink ticket when we get in and then get a big speech from management reminding us that "this is still a work function." Translation: Don't be a jackass.
It is sad that it has to be said, but I've seen too many employees act like complete jackasses and run up the bar tab just because. One of the reasons that I don't bother with the whole holiday party thing here. I'm not going to pay for people to act like that. That and I hate social events like those as well... why do I need to see you during my free time when I hang out with you all day long?

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 05:59 PM   #29
pud333
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by jourdo View Post
It is sad that it has to be said, but I've seen too many employees act like complete jackasses and run up the bar tab just because. One of the reasons that I don't bother with the whole holiday party thing here. I'm not going to pay for people to act like that. That and I hate social events like those as well... why do I need to see you during my free time when I hang out with you all day long?
Yeah, unfortunately a few idiots ruin it for everyone else. there was this one dude who would always get hammered at work functions and one day just puked all over the place. Needless to say he no longer works with us, but still, it's like, C'mon man. You're a grown ass man. If you can't handle your alcohol, don't drink at these functions. Whenever I go to these things, and I drink, I am always very concious of what I am doing, how much I am drinking, etc.

pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 07:58 PM   #30
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

I stopped going to office Christmas parties 2 years ago after I realized the colleagues I get along with don't go. Of the 700+ people in my office only 1/4 of the employees go and most of those are the veterans who have been with the company 20+ years.

And what a lively bunch they are.

I was only ever told I "have" to go to my office Christmas party at a job I had 7 years ago. Glad I did...the small biotech company I worked for had just received FDA approval for their product so the stock was high and there was cash to be spent. They rented out the Vancouver Art Gallery and drinks/food was abundant. They let us prowl the gallery with lights turned low and drink in hand...(I remember thinking ' I could ruin a few Emily Carr's with my red wine if I was that kind of person').

The next company I worked for was also a biotech company that was burning through its cash, trying to come up with something to keep them afloat. I was there for 8 months but was able to attend a fun-filled Christmas Party at Steamworks Brewery in Gastown. Attendance wasn't mandatory but again my new boss claimed I "really should go". She was right...imminent demise was on everyone's mind, but rather than focus on the inevitable we partied like it was 1999. I'm talking CFO's and VP's literally dancing on tables, Managers rolling around on the dance floor while hugging a Christmas tree decorated with glass ornaments, co-op students vomiting all over themselves and the PSP they had just won...

1 month later they laid off 60% of the science staff and 25% of the support staff. I survived the chopping block somehow but was able to get off that sinking ship fairly fast.

Now I'm at a company that has 3 times more employees than the last 2 places I worked at but the large corporate format doesn't give rise to the party atmosphere of smaller start ups.

Man...I miss those days.

Last edited by jjwankenobi; 12-16-2010 at 08:01 PM.
jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
work politics rant