Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-21-2017, 09:58 AM   #31
BigWillay
Robot Master
Re: Grinds my gears!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79transam View Post
If you are so anal, how could you not tell it needed 2 and a half hours of cleaning when you looked at it to begin with?
This makes about as much sense as a watermelon in a toilet on a starry night nestled upon a hilltop with singing monkeys gathered round.
Clearly you don't read... so I'll say it again... it didn't look that bad when I first got it.... I didn't have a chance to look at the rifles.. to see that the springs were seized due to the dust and crud in them.... and I didn't start unfolding all of the panels till I got the figure home.. I did a quick once over... when I met up with the seller, and when I got home had a chance to go over with a fine tooth comb. I'm not sure what your over the top interest is... or why you are finding this hard to believe..... hopefully.. this clears it up a bit for you.....
BigWillay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 09:59 AM   #32
BoNKerS
Animated

Grrrriiiinnnndddsssss mmyyyyyy ggeeeaaarrrrssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BoNKerS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 10:42 AM   #33
79transam
Machine War

So the figure was clean on the outside, but a bunch of dust packed itself inside and froze up some springs? I've never had dust do that. It's always on the top of the figure. This is the strangest story evolution I've seen in a while.
It's almost as if the guy did clean it but he missed the stuff that was impossible to see. The magic dust that the fairy wind blows up inside of the guns to pack itself up in around the springs, way in there.
I totally see what you're saying now. Why didn't you just say it was the magic dust? I wouldn't have even questioned it.
My interest isn't even the dust or cleaning time anymore really. It's the bizarre nature of the threads evolution. I'm trying to read between the lines.

Last edited by 79transam; 07-21-2017 at 10:44 AM.
79transam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 10:51 AM   #34
BigWillay
Robot Master

Quote:
So the figure was clean on the outside, but a bunch of dust packed itself inside and froze up some springs? I've never had dust do that. It's always on the top of the figure. This is the strangest story evolution I've seen in a while.
It's almost as if the guy did clean it but he missed the stuff that was impossible to see. The magic dust that the fairy wind blows up inside of the guns to pack itself up in around the springs, way in there.
I totally see what you're saying now. Why didn't you just say it was the magic dust? I wouldn't have even questioned it.
My interest isn't even the dust or cleaning time anymore really. It's the bizarre nature of the threads evolution. I'm trying to read between the lines.
I'm not sure if you are reading things correctly.. or which little magic world you live in with your dust bunny buddies.... I'm not sure how much clearer I can make it... for you... so lets do everyone a favour.. you return to back under your bridge... and continue to troll the net as you normally do.
Old 07-21-2017, 11:00 AM   #35
79transam
Machine War

Well I'm just thinking that if the outside was clean but the inside was packed full of enough dust to freeze up springs in the barrel of the blaster, there has to be a scientific explanation.

It's possible when the guy cleaned it, he didn't know what to do with the dust and shoved it all in the blaster with a stick? Maybe there's a logical reason other than magic wind? I'm simply taking what you're saying and trying to make sense of it without saying I think you're embellishing.
No offence here but this topic is truly a bait topic. You didn't actually think you wouldn't be pressed with so many contradictions?
Old 07-21-2017, 11:11 AM   #36
BigWillay
Robot Master

Quote:
Well I'm just thinking that if the outside was clean but the inside was packed full of enough dust to freeze up springs in the barrel of the blaster, there has to be a scientific explanation.

It's possible when the guy cleaned it, he didn't know what to do with the dust and shoved it all in the blaster with a stick? Maybe there's a logical reason other than magic wind? I'm simply taking what you're saying and trying to make sense of it without saying I think you're embellishing.
No offence here but this topic is truly a bait topic. You didn't actually think you wouldn't be pressed with so many contradictions?
LMAO pressed with what contradictions... there are exposed springs... on Rodimus' rifles... the ratchets are exposed as well... for his shoulders... craaaaaazzzyyyyy thought... that dust might build up in these areas.... cuz i guess ratchets are a no dust zone? lol I didn't think I'd be pressed by a troll... flaming on a thread... but I guess we can't get what we expect.

Last edited by BigWillay; 07-21-2017 at 11:18 AM.
Old 07-21-2017, 11:12 AM   #37
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

I've had "normal dusty" figures, they're relatively easy to clean.

Then I've also had "WTF dusty" figures that are not. The difference seems to be what happened to the figure before the dust accumulated.

Food seems to be the culprit: specifically people eating and then handling figures thoroughly with greasy/sticky hands. If a figure is handled with greasy, gross hands, then transformed a few times, messed with, etc, then the dust settles into the layer of grease or sticky food. It is a devil to clean off, as it gets into joints, creases, moulding lines, etc.

Straight dry household dust is a fairly minor issue in my experience.

Thick, pet-riddled, rarely cleans dust - bonded to a grease/sticky layer - is the stuff that takes ages to clean.

Wash your hands before playing with your figures, people! Don't eat and transform!
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 11:19 AM   #38
79transam
Machine War

So the crud and dust in the rifles was actually on the rifles, and the dust buldup in the flaps was actually in the ratchets. I was thinking when you said that the outside wasn't noticably bad, and it was all on the inside I must have been picturing things differently. Well, I've spend a good 2.5 hrs on this thread now, I guess I'll just take my fine tooth comb on out of here and call it clean. Cheers
Old 07-21-2017, 11:20 AM   #39
BigWillay
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliebot View Post
I've had "normal dusty" figures, they're relatively easy to clean.

Then I've also had "WTF dusty" figures that are not. The difference seems to be what happened to the figure before the dust accumulated.

Food seems to be the culprit: specifically people eating and then handling figures thoroughly with greasy/sticky hands. If a figure is handled with greasy, gross hands, then transformed a few times, messed with, etc, then the dust settles into the layer of grease or sticky food. It is a devil to clean off, as it gets into joints, creases, moulding lines, etc.

Straight dry household dust is a fairly minor issue in my experience.

Thick, pet-riddled, rarely cleans dust - bonded to a grease/sticky layer - is the stuff that takes ages to clean.

Wash your hands before playing with your figures, people! Don't eat and transform!
Guess you've dealt with the magic fairy dust as well??
Old 07-21-2017, 11:34 AM   #40
steamwhistle
Crossover

Quote:
If you are so anal, how could you not tell it needed 2 and a half hours of cleaning when you looked at it to begin with? This makes about as much sense as a watermelon in a toilet on a starry night nestled upon a hilltop with singing monkeys gathered round.
Makes sense to me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WatermelonToiletHillStarryNightSingingMonkees.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	37192  
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle

Last edited by steamwhistle; 07-21-2017 at 03:33 PM. Reason: improved resolution of attached image
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote