Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 03-30-2013, 01:05 AM   #61
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3
Re: Trailer for G.I Joe Retaliation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
I also hated that there was almost no non 3D option for movie goers. Had to go to a discount theater ($4 admission) to see this in 2D, and even then they only show it once per day at 3:30. I see myself going to way less movies if this treand contiues. G.I.Joe was on like 14 screen in Winnipeg, with 56 show times per day - and only two of the 56 were not in 3D by my count.
I was pissed about the lack of 2D options whe I went out last night. I broke down and accepted my 3D fate. This will be the last time I see a non-animated 3D movie. I hated the 3D and found it distracting at times.

The movie itself was entertaining for what it was. I loved the look of Cobra Commander. The voice was just not right for me. Loved the classic Cobra take over the world scheme though. If you want to watch a live action cartoon, this is a good movie for you. Enjoy it for what it is.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 01:06 AM   #62
pandaprime
aficionado!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laffy View Post
yea just got back from seeing it too and was going in not knowing what to expect, well i left with smile as its NOT anywhere near a great movie but as a toy line made into a real life movie "Happy happy happy' best part was General Joe being lady jayes dad wow was that a surprice ...
i thought i heard general joe colton say he _served_ with lady jaye's father and that he would have been proud of her?

Feedback thread:Cybertron.ca
Items for sale thread: Selling TFs
pandaprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 01:09 AM   #63
jourdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandaprime View Post
i thought i heard general joe colton say he _served_ with lady jaye's father and that he would have been proud of her?
That is what I heard.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
Old 03-30-2013, 01:13 AM   #64
laffy
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandaprime View Post
that just may be true.... but as the story line was all over the place im sure it could have or maybe should have been like that... its now driving me crazy so ill be off to see it again ... this time in imax 3d..
laffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:41 AM   #65
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Quote:
opps ment general joe my bad opps

I thought Joe was her father too, until the awards ceremony at the end where he specifically says "I served with your father, he would be very proud".

As for Storm Shadow, the issue I have with him returning from the dead isn't that he returned. Same thing happened in the old comics. I just would have liked to have seen it explained. Could have been Ninja tricks, could have been Nanomites, what ever. A little explantion would have gone a long way fopr me.

Glad you liked the film none the less laffy.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:00 PM   #66
Oreobuilder
Cybertron

Quote:
that just may be true.... but as the story line was all over the place im sure it could have or maybe should have been like that... its now driving me crazy so ill be off to see it again ... this time in imax 3d..
The general is not LJ's dad.

- During the scene at the White House, the secret service agent runs facial recognition on LJ. Her name pops up on the computer screen as Jaye Burnett (her real name has always been Allison J. Burnett in fiction since the '80s). The General's name is Joe Colton.

- As other's have said, Colton mentions that he served with LJ's father and that he would have been very proud of her.

- It was written in a way that Colton assumes a father figure for her but is not her biological father.

OB
Oreobuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:18 PM   #67
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

What did you all think of RZA as Blind Master? IMO every laughable scene with him felt like a skit from The Chappelle Show.

jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:59 PM   #68
jourdo

Yeah, I did not really dig him in that role. I think a bad skit is a good description of it.

Old 03-30-2013, 03:49 PM   #69
Oreobuilder
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwankenobi View Post
What did you all think of RZA as Blind Master? IMO every laughable scene with him felt like a skit from The Chappelle Show.
Not sure if it was the actor or the crappy dialogue that they wrote for him, but the two scenes with the Blind Master are quite cringe-inducing, IMO.

OB
Oreobuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:24 PM   #70
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

Just got back too. I really liked it. Sure it was really chopped up at parts and felt a bit like a multi-part episode of the cartoon, but heck, I liked each part. If you hated ROC you will like this and if you loved ROC you won't. And 2 small things that made this movie way better= No Waynes brother and no Snake Eye lips.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote