Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 02-21-2013, 11:30 PM   #101
Perceptor
Alternator
Re: Ontario non sightings community chat.

^Knockout
Hey results came back yet? How are things with your gall?

On a separate topic... any of you noticed an increased number of sellers on this board trying to sell off large portions of their collections lately? Maybe I only notice it these days cuz I am looking more.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:36 PM   #102
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perceptor View Post
On a separate topic... any of you noticed an increased number of sellers on this board trying to sell off large portions of their collections lately? Maybe I only notice it these days cuz I am looking more.
I noticed this a lot last year, particularly the second half of the year. I think the trend is just continuing.

Some of it is cyclical, people get rid of older stuff to buy newer stuff (particularly movie, animated, etc.). Also some people moving on, having kids, houses, etc. and getting rid of collections.

Part of me thinks that as long as new stuff comes out in stores, people remain excited about transformers and are too busy buying to sell. But when nothing "exciting" is coming out, people have more time to sort through their collection, make sales lists, and just generally they feel less "attached" to their transformers and start wondering "why do I have this?".

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:48 PM   #103
FEZaid
Arabian Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perceptor View Post
I'm one of those people; with all the stuff coming out, I rather have than what I own at the moment. I'm still a student and trying to be mature by using my own funds rather than depending on my parents.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:10 AM   #104
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

I suspect that a few years down the road, *some* of the folks who sold off Animated may regret it. They are excellent toys, they just dipped in popularity for a while after the show ended.
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:59 PM   #105
wedge1021
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliebot View Post
I suspect that a few years down the road, *some* of the folks who sold off Animated may regret it. They are excellent toys, they just dipped in popularity for a while after the show ended.
I'd love to use this as an opportunity to buy up the Animated line. I've got an Animated Shockwave, and was really impressed by the styling and quality - totally wasn't expecting that. Unfortunately, I just don't have the space (or the money) to collect another line of figures. Guess I'll have to do some selling off of my own...
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:03 PM   #106
Window
Robot Master

Ya I'm still looking for the purple shockwave from the Animated line - absolutely love the look he has.
Window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:09 PM   #107
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

I kept buying in the past few years, now come to a stage my basement can't hold anymore...and my wife won't even look at the basement now...I guess I will be one of those start to selling off too.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:14 PM   #108
mcmus
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by xueyue2 View Post
I kept buying in the past few years, now come to a stage my basement can't hold anymore...and my wife won't even look at the basement now...I guess I will be one of those start to selling off too.
LOL, basement...I started that process a year ago...My wife has never complained because I have them all in the storage boxes. I am pretty sure your basement can hold all of them unless you have all on display. Otherwise, think about getting some storage boxes and labels.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:17 PM   #109
Window
Robot Master

I'm so glad my wife has a collection of 'toys' too - she likes the Adventure Time plush dolls they've been coming out so she can't really say anything...except when she sees the $ value then I get the third degree sometimes...only sometimes.
Window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:49 PM   #110
Knockout
I can't anymore. Done.

My sibling and I's collections consists of Monster High, Transformers, various plushies/anime figures (like Playarts/KAI, Figmas and Nendoroids) and some video game characters. My sister has a huge KOS MOS/TELOS shrine.

Oh, I couldn't find this thread earlier to post an update. I have an appointment with a General Surgeon in April. Though if it takes this long to get the appointment I can only imagine how long it will take to actually get the surgery done. oo;

Also anyone attending Anime North or Niagara Falls Comic Con?

As soon as we hit 100 likes we will be having a sale!

Knockout is offline   Reply With Quote