Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 07-24-2012, 11:12 PM   #1
Ninjatron
Overlord of all Ninjas
NINJAPOCALYPSE.

Imagine the toys you never owned, the cartoons you never watched, the video games you never played, the stories you’ve never heard. That is the essence of NINJAPOCALYPSE.

Ninjapocalypse is an art project I started this year and launched last month. It features original illustrations of crazy characters in an ever expanding universe where anything can happen and everybody fights! Ninjas, robots, zombies, warriors, aliens, superheroes, villains, mutants, monsters, cyborgs and more will all be a part of the action, and new characters are scheduled to debut every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

This has been going for awhile now, so there are already more than 20 characters to look at, each with their own bio and reason for fighting. But I haven't really told very many people so I could really use some support. Like it, blog it, tweet it, watch it, share it, comment and help spread the word.

Some characters are funny, some are stupid, some are weird, and some are really freaking cool. They're all stream of consciousness concepts that I'm throwing out there just to see what will happen. There are no memes, no inside jokes, and there's nothing in particular you need to know about ahead of time to enjoy it. Just 100% pure original content and imagination on the internet. Check it out and let me know what you think!

http://ninjapocalypse.tumblr.com/

Sayonara.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:25 PM   #2
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus
Re: NINJAPOCALYPSE.

Wow those are some pretty awesome characters!

So far I think Walrus god and Double Bronto are my favourites.

Any plans to have characters "fight" in the future? Maybe putting two of them in an image together, showing them locked in battle?

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!

Last edited by Bruticus82; 07-26-2012 at 09:27 PM.
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 04:59 PM   #3
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Magma Rock God FTW.

jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:19 PM   #4
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

And "ninjapocalypse" brings me back to this really old gem:
http://www.animutationportal.com/mod...ayer.php?id=80

Oh, and Ice Monster rocks.

The names remind me of stuff I came up with for when I made Stikfas super heroes.

The hero was the Blacklight Gunman, and the villain was Grippenthrope.

Feel free to use those names however you want.

Last edited by Shepp; 07-27-2012 at 11:26 PM.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:15 PM   #5
Ninjatron
Overlord of all Ninjas

Thanks for checking out the site! I've had some great feedback at TFcon too. It's much appreciated. Keep checking back for more and stay connected on Twitter, Facebook, or Google+. Don't forget to comment and like or fav or whatever it is you do with this stuff. I don't remember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruticus82 View Post
Any plans to have characters "fight" in the future? Maybe putting two of them in an image together, showing them locked in battle?
Yeah, I think that will probably happen someday. And I'd be open to letting other artists have a go at interpreting these characters or drawing a fight scene. The thing is, I'm not sure that I want to do too much "storytelling" with these characters. Part of the fun is letting the audience make up their own minds about who these characters really are, how they fight, who are their friends and enemies, and so on. So there may be a little expansion into other kinds of artworks down the road but it'll never be developed into an actual thing, if that makes any sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepp View Post
And "ninjapocalypse" brings me back to this really old gem:
http://www.animutationportal.com/mod...ayer.php?id=80
Ahh, memories.
I actually wanted to call this website something else, and it was going to be more of a sketch blog than the cavalcade of characters it became. But the other names I wanted were taken, so I named it "Ninjapocalypse" after the planet I named in Spore. Then it kind of solidified into this concept, as if "Ninjapocalypse" was an event and these are the characters who are in it. Weird how this stuff happens.

Sayonara.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:50 PM   #6
chans formers
raff ow roud

very cool characters and bios bro!!!!!
i'm almost getting a vibe of a cross between vintage battlebeasts the way they should have been but never were and megaman bosses!!
you're not alone with the eyeball fella though,i also drew up my own characters when i was a wee lad too,and one of them actually looks almost like your eye/cowboy,just muscled out to the max.
essentially he was a giant bloodshot eyeball headed character,called "eyesore".
with him were others like...

bulletproof(big arse bullet for a head)
eightball(eight ball for a head)
warhead(nuke for a head)
the team was called "THE BIG-HEADS",and their main enemy was called B.A.L.L.Z., a never ending army of happy faced mechanical ballz that could take over almost any and all machines and convert them into weapons for domination.

there's a few more,but i can't remember them too well and i'm kinda lazy to dig out the binder.
(yes,i still keep artwork i did since grade 6)

keep pumping these babies out ninjaman!!!!
Old 08-02-2012, 11:12 PM   #7
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjatron View Post
Yeah, I think that will probably happen someday. And I'd be open to letting other artists have a go at interpreting these characters or drawing a fight scene. The thing is, I'm not sure that I want to do too much "storytelling" with these characters. Part of the fun is letting the audience make up their own minds about who these characters really are, how they fight, who are their friends and enemies, and so on. So there may be a little expansion into other kinds of artworks down the road but it'll never be developed into an actual thing, if that makes any sense.
I know what you mean about not wanting to make too much of a story (i.e. who wins, who loses, why, etc.). I agree completely.

I was just picturing single battle scenes as a way to show off some of the characters in more dynamic battle poses, using some of their weapons etc. The characters are so great it would be a shame not to see them in action rather than their static bio poses.

P.S. One of those people commenting at TFCon was me. I think I suggested your turtle should be a ninjapocalypse character.

+ and more!

Looking to buy:

My Feedback Thread

Old 08-25-2012, 03:08 PM   #8
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

So, not being very artistic, having a bag of miscellaneous lego parts I picked up for cheap, and being inspired by Ninjapocalypse, I created my very own Ninjapocalypse character: Redblade the Pirate (no doubt loosely inspired by Six Sword the Ninja, maybe they're frenemies?).

Yes, this is a ridiculous looking figure, and no, I didn't try to just slap him together, I tried to put some thought into the elements.

Background: Red Blade has a way with blades, so he keeps at least four of them on hand at all times. Originally from Scandanavia, Redblade is now one of the most notorious pirates in the Caribbean. Although his fashion sense can best be described as...odd...no one dares question fancy epaulets or his ostentatious feather hat - for they fear they may wind up with a blade in their back.

+ and more!

Looking to buy:

My Feedback Thread

Last edited by Bruticus82; 08-25-2012 at 03:32 PM.
Old 08-26-2012, 02:01 AM   #9
Ninjatron
Overlord of all Ninjas

Quote:
Originally Posted by chans formers View Post
very cool characters and bios bro!!!!!
i'm almost getting a vibe of a cross between vintage battlebeasts the way they should have been but never were and megaman bosses!!
Battle Beasts and Mega Man are big influences, esspecially in the proportions. Though I never really played much of the Megaman games as a kid, nor did I own many Battle Beasts. Hope to change that on both accounts at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chans formers View Post
you're not alone with the eyeball fella though,i also drew up my own characters when i was a wee lad too,and one of them actually looks almost like your eye/cowboy,just muscled out to the max.
essentially he was a giant bloodshot eyeball headed character,called "eyesore".
with him were others like...

bulletproof(big arse bullet for a head)
eightball(eight ball for a head)
warhead(nuke for a head)
the team was called "THE BIG-HEADS",and their main enemy was called B.A.L.L.Z., a never ending army of happy faced mechanical ballz that could take over almost any and all machines and convert them into weapons for domination.
Right on, man! That's exactly like what I did as a kid. Now I'm trying not to make every other character be in the "their head is something that should not be a head" formula, but dammit, it's fun.

Quote:
I was just picturing single battle scenes as a way to show off some of the characters in more dynamic battle poses, using some of their weapons etc. The characters are so great it would be a shame not to see them in action rather than their static bio poses.
That is something I do want to do, kind of the the artwork from Masters of the Universe and stuff like that. But I'm going back to school so with that along with keeping both Ninjapocalypse and my main website SykoGrafix going I'm not sure that I'll have the time in the near future. Some day though.

Quote:
So, not being very artistic, having a bag of miscellaneous lego parts I picked up for cheap, and being inspired by Ninjapocalypse, I created my very own Ninjapocalypse character: Redblade the Pirate (no doubt loosely inspired by Six Sword the Ninja, maybe they're frenemies?).
I dig it. And I love the name "'Redblade". Epaulettes with a tank top though... I'm not sure if that's possible!

I am going to make some pirate characters at some point. I just recently came up with a few concepts. I was going to do one earlier but the drawing just didn't turn out.

Not sure if I should make the "'Pirates vs Ninjas" theme a big part of the Ninjapocalypse universe. It's kind of already been done elsewere... but it still amuses me so.

Sayonara.
Old 08-26-2012, 09:07 AM   #10
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
I dig it. And I love the name "'Redblade". Epaulettes with a tank top though... I'm not sure if that's possible!
I assume the epaulets are attached by some sort of a strap system, like so:

http://store.loganneitzel.com/media/...11_store_2.jpg

Maybe he even stores an extra blade or two under the epaulettes
Quote:
I am going to make some pirate characters at some point. I just recently came up with a few concepts. I was going to do one earlier but the drawing just didn't turn out.

Not sure if I should make the "'Pirates vs Ninjas" theme a big part of the Ninjapocalypse universe. It's kind of already been done elsewere... but it still amuses me so.

Sayonara.
Yeah, pirates versus ninja is a bit overdone, but I think there's room for a pirate or two in there.

+ and more!

Looking to buy:

My Feedback Thread