Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-22-2014, 08:07 PM   #1
Alphatron
Generation 1
TRU Canada Sale All Generations Deluxes $10

Saw this on the smartcanucks website. QC but definetly makes sense due to the aoe release this week. Seems all generations deluxes are only $10 this week. Might be a great time to price match at target for that windblade. Link is right here so see for yourself. Apologies in advance for the poor qualities, will update as I get a better one.

http://flyers.smartcanucks.ca/canada...ober-2/single/
Alphatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 08:17 PM   #2
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!
Re: TRU Canada Sale All Generations Deluxes $10

I have tried to price match at Target in the past and they gave me a hard time. They told me unless the ad shows the exact TF you are trying to price match with exact sale price, they won't do it. Just showing an ad that say 40% off all Transformers (for example) wasn't good enough for them. That was my experience anyway. What about others?
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 08:18 PM   #3
Alphatron
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX View Post
I have tried to price match at Target in the past and they gave me a hard time. They told me unless the ad shows the exact TF you are trying to price match with exact sale price, they won't do it. Just showing an ad that say 40% off all Transformers (for example) wasn't good enough for them. That was my experience anyway. What about others?
I tried price matching a voyager springer once, they said they wanted to see the exact one on sale price, so ended up having to show them the price online. But that was only one target. The rest don't seem to mind.
Alphatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 08:52 PM   #4
Xtreme987
Metroplex

I've only price-matched @ walmart once & had no difficulty.

Never tried to price-match @ Target or TRU.

Last edited by Xtreme987; 09-22-2014 at 09:00 PM.
Xtreme987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 09:15 PM   #5
Paradigm-Shift Prime
Unit Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX View Post
The official policy for Walmart and Target is that they don't price match % off sales, only specific price sales.

So any 40% off sale technically should be denied price match.

One of the reasons for this is because matching a % off wouldn't be a price match, but a price beating due to varying original prices that the % off is taken from. So if Walmart has a leader class for 49.97 and TRU's is 59.99, TRU has a 30% off sale and Walmart would have to take 30% off their own price, which if already $10 lower is not price matching TRU's sale price...you guys get the point.

As for the 'has to be the exact figure shown in the picture on the flyer' thing, I have heard that before and indeed that is just the particular employees being dumb and stonewalling, it is a line they use if they are unsure.

Last edited by Paradigm-Shift Prime; 09-22-2014 at 09:20 PM.
Paradigm-Shift Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 09:23 PM   #6
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

I'd like to price match more at Target since I can use my Red Card to get an additional 5% off the matched price.
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 09:37 PM   #7
Deception
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradigm-Shift Prime View Post
The official policy for Walmart and Target is that they don't price match % off sales, only specific price sales.

So any 40% off sale technically should be denied price match.

One of the reasons for this is because matching a % off wouldn't be a price match, but a price beating due to varying original prices that the % off is taken from. So if Walmart has a leader class for 49.97 and TRU's is 59.99, TRU has a 30% off sale and Walmart would have to take 30% off their own price, which if already $10 lower is not price matching TRU's sale price...you guys get the point.

As for the 'has to be the exact figure shown in the picture on the flyer' thing, I have heard that before and indeed that is just the particular employees being dumb and stonewalling, it is a line they use if they are unsure.
true...but sometimes they just like being bugs or something. i've had them say i need an actual flyer once when i've shown them an online flyer and vice versa, it's like they've been trained to try rebuttal customers hoping they don't get a price match. more then once it's happened and who wants to stay in line for over 30mins trying to get a price match...time is money and a lot of these people like wasting my time. this is one of the reasons i hate going to walmart for price matches.
Deception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 09:43 PM   #8
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

Sweet. Just bought the Windblade wave today. If I can price match for $10 that would be great.
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 11:31 PM   #9
KoreanInferno
Alternator

I just price match at electronics. They have the ability too, but they're not jaded because they're not at the customer service counter dealing with every pricematch in the place.

Last edited by KoreanInferno; 09-22-2014 at 11:42 PM.
KoreanInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 09:26 AM   #10
Paradigm-Shift Prime
Unit Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post
Sweet. Just bought the Windblade wave today. If I can price match for $10 that would be great.
From Target though, right? Can you do price adjustment price matches? Or a return and rebuy at price match price attempt?
Paradigm-Shift Prime is offline   Reply With Quote