Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Customs and Artwork

Old 07-31-2014, 04:22 PM   #1
carissa
Energon
Advice for a Custom

We have a lot of great customizers here, I was wondering if I could get some help working on a custom Pharma.

Going to be using the Generations Armada Starscream.

I've already solved a few issues for myself. Like turning the feet around and putting the left foot on the right leg and vice versa is almost the PERFECT shape for Pharma's feet. And turning the wings upside down and swapping sides make them the right direction.

But the biggest areas I have are trying to get the shoulder pauldrons that Pharma has. And the large back thruster and smaller vents. I have no expertise whatsoever with 3D modelling and my styrene skills are only at a gap-filling and stabilizing level.

After going digging through the IDW comics, I grabbed several screenshots and you can see the part I am mentioning here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/naisenu/14610205507/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/naisenu/14796367152/

Anyone have any good ideas on how to make these parts?
carissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 05:00 PM   #2
DuG
Titanium
Re: Advice for a Custom

Looks like you may be able to use generations air raid's weapon for that back pack with some customizing.
DuG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 06:26 PM   #3
chans formers
raff ow roud

i'm also doing a pharma out of the new generations armada starscream mold.same thing,flipped wings,etc.
currently for the part you're inquiring about,i've been eye balling a junker tftm07 deluxe scorponok,specifically for the moving gears and housing along his back.imho,it seems like it would be a feasable donor for the thruster/booster detail.
does that help?
it means you'll literally be dissecting everything off scorponok till it's just his back armor and gearing.
Old 07-31-2014, 06:52 PM   #4
carissa
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chans formers View Post
does that help?
it means you'll literally be dissecting everything off scorponok till it's just his back armor and gearing.
Idea-wise yes. Do I own that particular toy? Heck no. I'm wondering if it would be worth it for someone to model the parts and just print them.
carissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 06:56 PM   #5
chans formers
raff ow roud

it may be cheaper to search the sales threads here,preferably local guys in your area so you don't have to pay shipping.
there's lots of peeps getting rid of bayverse crud and for dirt cheap sometimes