Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Customs and Artwork

Old 12-29-2012, 10:44 PM   #1
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3
A3U/Renderform Darkness Emperor

I got this set a little while back and punted it straight to the painting area.

First some notes about the set: It is sold as a "garage kit" and as such, the finish on this is below the standards we are used to from Renderform. It includes two chest pieces, two halves of a beautiful orange cannon, and new head for Galvatron (some assembly required). It took a fair bit of sanding to get things fitting together properly, and even then the finish was only so-so. The set absolutely turns Prime Megatron into Galvatron. For the price, I don't know that I would recommend it... but if you need another Galvatron in the collection, this is a nice way to do it.[/mini-review]

On to the show...

This was as close to the face as I could get. You cannot see it in the photos, but the eyes are a nice bright orange.

And... crappy space plane mode is still crappy. I know someone had come up with a cannon mode for him, but for the life of me I cannot remember where I saw it.

This guy still needs some touch ups in the rubbing areas and some clear coat, but I wanted to get what I had up before I move on to something else.

Thanks for looking!

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:23 PM   #2
Echotransformer
Loves all things G1-ish..
Re: A3U/Renderform Darkness Emperor

Thanks for the review and pics, Jourdo. Was your kit cast in color? I was considering leaving mine purple and wonder what your recommendation is...
Echotransformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:30 PM   #3
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

I forgot to take pictures of the kit before I started. I found the original cast purple too dark and decided to go with something a little brighter. I also wanted to hide as many of the imperfections of the casting under paint as possible. This purple looks pretty decent in person.

I also forgot to mention that the cannon had to be glued together... and didn't quite fit perfectly. Good enough, but not great.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:55 PM   #4
chans formers
raff ow roud

cool kit,cool results and cool review!
it seems like the cannon still needs something purple on the back end of it though,seems kinda stumpy imho.
the aesthetic of the new armor suits the mold quite well,and it looks like the head was a total pain to get it to where it is now,good show
Old 12-30-2012, 01:18 PM   #5
Sureshot22
look behind you. tee hee
Sureshot22's Ebay Auctions

i like it and considered it but couldnt do it for that price. hopefully venska makes more sometime down the road and its a better price.

PSN ID: SURESHOT22

FEEDBACK THREAD http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=9366
Sureshot22 is offline   Reply With Quote