Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 03-24-2018, 10:15 PM   #11
TRUCKvsGUN
Re: Transformers Studio Series Wave 1 Deluxe and Voyager Class Released at Retail

I'm gonna wait and see what TRU and Walmart charge before getting upset about prices. And then I'll just buy that Optimus anyway, regardless of the outcome.

Contact me if you have for sale:
Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe Book
Botcon 2006 Dawn of Futures Past Boxed Set
MP-01 Matrix
POTP Onyx Prime
TRUCKvsGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 10:54 PM   #12
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con
Re: Transformers Studio Series Wave 1 Deluxe and Voyager Class Released at Retail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapmaker View Post
I'm gonna wait and see what TRU and Walmart charge before getting upset about prices. And then I'll just buy that Optimus anyway, regardless of the outcome.
Pretty sure the prices will be the same, though with TRU you have the bear cobstant parade of sales.

Out of curiosity, why the Optimus? I do love me some OP, but he just seems to me to be the weakest of the lot so far.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 12:05 AM   #13
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
They are already in the system at the exact same price. Its the same TLK prices.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 12:31 AM   #14
TRUCKvsGUN

Meh, even so, I don't mind so much since I'm otherwise done with movie toys. The $10 price hike doesn't hurt so bad when you're only buying the one, after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn View Post
Out of curiosity, why the Optimus? I do love me some OP, but he just seems to me to be the weakest of the lot so far.
I'm an Optimus guy. I have a half-height billy full of his various incarnations, selected for a number of reasons: sentimental (MP1, Cybertron Leader Op), display presence (PE Leonidas, MPM-4), fun factor (TLK Voyager Op, LG-EX God Ginrai), hell, even feel (Toyworld Primorion - it's a brick in truck mode, but in a really good way!). tfwiki says Studio Series Op is kind of a combo of AoE Evasion Mode Optimus (which I have, great toy) and Prime FE Op (don't own but read good things), so it sounds like it'll be a fun toy and therefore have a place on my shelf.

And even if I'm wrong and it sucks, I can just try to sell it off eventually. Maybe I'll lose a few bucks along the way, but I've committed myself to not worrying about always getting the absolute best deals possible. That just adds stress to this hobby, and I'm just in it to have fun.

Contact me if you have for sale:
Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe Book
Botcon 2006 Dawn of Futures Past Boxed Set
MP-01 Matrix
POTP Onyx Prime
TRUCKvsGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 12:55 AM   #15
william6b08
Mini-Con

As much as I want it, the staff member at EB games doesn't allow me to purchase it because they are supposed to be released on April 13, I don't even know why they have them on the shelf and attached with a price tag in the first place then. That is quite depressing as some of the stores do sell them now, I am worried if my pre-order can guarantee my purchase since many of them are keep practicing this arbitrary selling.
william6b08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 08:46 AM   #16
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Quote:
Meh, even so, I don't mind so much since I'm otherwise done with movie toys. The $10 price hike doesn't hurt so bad when you're only buying the one, after all.

I'm an Optimus guy. I have a half-height billy full of his various incarnations, selected for a number of reasons: sentimental (MP1, Cybertron Leader Op), display presence (PE Leonidas, MPM-4), fun factor (TLK Voyager Op, LG-EX God Ginrai), hell, even feel (Toyworld Primorion - it's a brick in truck mode, but in a really good way!). tfwiki says Studio Series Op is kind of a combo of AoE Evasion Mode Optimus (which I have, great toy) and Prime FE Op (don't own but read good things), so it sounds like it'll be a fun toy and therefore have a place on my shelf.

And even if I'm wrong and it sucks, I can just try to sell it off eventually. Maybe I'll lose a few bucks along the way, but I've committed myself to not worrying about always getting the absolute best deals possible. That just adds stress to this hobby, and I'm just in it to have fun.
Nice. I’ve got big love for the Cybertron Leader, Prime FE Voyager and original movie Leader. I’m kind of hoping for a Studio Voyager Jetfire to combo with this guy. I think that would put me in the needs camp.
Old 03-26-2018, 03:09 AM   #17
chaingunsofdoom
Wrecker

Do we have a SKU? 6 digit number that should help locate them across Canada. Thanks!
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 08:48 AM   #18
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaingunsofdoom View Post
Do we have a SKU? 6 digit number that should help locate them across Canada. Thanks!
If it’s the number on the receipt right under the name, then the Studio Deluxes are 735855 and the POTP Voyagers are 735858.
Old 03-26-2018, 12:38 PM   #19
Pascal
Banned

Optimus is tiny in truck mode, almost like the old DOTM deluxe.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 03:00 PM   #20
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaingunsofdoom View Post
Here are the TRU SKUs

Studio Series Deluxe 389695 29.99
Studio Series Leader 389692 69.99
Studio Series Voyager 389689 39.99
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote