Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-27-2015, 03:51 PM   #11
xbrawn
Banned
Re: Is it just me, or is Reprolabels getting expensive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix_Holder View Post
I buy them at shows, I'm not paying paying for usa dollar conversion from a shop in Canada that's 25 min from my house.
i refuse to by from them because of their lack of a local hamilton option actually.
xbrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 04:21 PM   #12
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
You know what hurts their sales? That terrible, terrible, beyond terrible, ancient website and ordering system. Jesus Christ what a pain in the arse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sureshot22 View Post
^^ true. It does need a MASSIVE overhaul.
They do have a new website; Toyhax.com. Hate that name.

From various interactions with them on Facebook, they present as if they don't see the issues as problems.
Old 06-27-2015, 05:36 PM   #13
Pgianos
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
TF KINGDOM is ok some stickers are cut poorly so they sell those 2 for 1...id avoid those ..
Pgianos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 05:38 PM   #14
Pgianos
Banned

I also stopped buying from reporlabels... for all the reasons stated above... huge markup..US dollars...expensive shipping..
Pgianos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 06:25 PM   #15
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave 75 View Post
They do have a new website; Toyhax.com. Hate that name.

From various interactions with them on Facebook, they present as if they don't see the issues as problems.
Obviously it would be a fair amount of hours setting up a new shop, inputting all items etc, but come on. It is 2015. You can set up a shop in minutes with various services or fucking WordPress plugins.

I look at the details on an item and lose my place. Every time I return to a list it starts at the bottom. IN A TINY IFRAME. in 2015. The site may ad well have exploding gifs on the border. I want to quickly look through options, open in new tabs, be able to use the goddamn back button without it being a hassle. It's absurd.

They're the only major source for this kind of thing. The virtual monopoly means people buy from them despite the hassles. But geez. I've almost dropped cash a few times only to get so fed up navigating I close the tab and fuck off.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 06:43 PM   #16
Chigimus
Masterpiece

I had been stockpiling my order in the sense that I kept putting off ordering all the sheets that I wanted because I've been waiting until my display cabinets are assembled and better organized before I get them. This was before they moved from their own site and became affiliated with Toyhax. At the time, I was ready to spend literally hundreds of dollars in one order (I had been amassing a fairly large # of CHUG and 3rd party offerings in a short span of time). But ever since they moved to Toyhax, it seems so confusing to find their sheets now that I question if they even still have everything I had been trying to pile up. You add in the US exchange rate now and the raise in shipping costs, that's what holding me back now more than ever.

Not sure if I should just break up my ordering and get them at waves at time, but I will hopefully have a better idea as since someone here mentioned they should be stopping by TFCon then I'll try to get them in Toronto as I'll be making that trip this year.
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 12:44 PM   #17
NINirvana
Optimal.

I wanted to order some as well but when I look at the order total and realize I'm buying STICKERS for over $100 US, I can't go through with it. I'd rather be spending it on another figure, or hell, another complete wave of CW.

I also noticed that the Metroplex set in particular was $34, and it's now bumped to $35. Not a big deal, but it adds up when it's USD and it's more than one set...
NINirvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 01:24 PM   #18
RageD
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINirvana View Post
I wanted to order some as well but when I look at the order total and realize I'm buying STICKERS for over $100 US, I can't go through with it. I'd rather be spending it on another figure, or hell, another complete wave of CW.

I also noticed that the Metroplex set in particular was $34, and it's now bumped to $35. Not a big deal, but it adds up when it's USD and it's more than one set...
Costs increase as well, maybe their paper costs went up. Minimum wage went up, hydro went up....They wouldn't stay in business long if they didn't adjust accordingly.

I find it hard to fault them for increasing costs in this manner. I doubt they got together, twiddled their fingers like Mr. Burns and Said "Let's increase the costs so we can buy a Yacht!"

As for charging in american....I wager there are more Americans ordering from them than Canadians, so they switched to USD. Again, it makes sense from a business standpoint to streamline.

Should they offer discounts to Canadians to account for the switch? You bet and that is my one disappointment with them.
Old 06-29-2015, 01:30 PM   #19
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
I wonder how these ones are?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/G1-Mirage-St...item3aab4ab833

only $6.50 after shipping
I've bought a few sets from them. Very cheaply made stickers. The best stickers they have are their rub signs. Exact same as the G1 rub signs.

Repro increased the quality of their newer stickers but their older G1 stickers are kinda cheap too. So might be worth a whirl.
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 02:20 AM   #20
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

You guys know that the prices haven't increased on the labels...since they started the company? They are priced by the size of the stock, that's pretty much it. The more labels, the more money they cost. Maybe you're noticing it more with our dollar sucking?

I can't even remember a time that the shipping was under $3 either. Worldwide flat rate shipping for $3 is pretty good. Yes, we get nailed with taxes for being in the same country, but that's to be expected.

I've bought TFkingdom labels before, then bought the Reprolabels after if that says anything about the quality.

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW

Last edited by brr-icy; 06-30-2015 at 12:14 PM.
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote