Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-29-2013, 10:19 PM   #21
Abraxys
With full honors.
Re: Classics Display: stand-ins & replacements

I actually consider those part of my MP collection. They fit nicely in terms of scale and aesthetics. Considering that combiners were small scale in the G1 era these new deluxe sized ones are quite big in comparison. Plus, they look damn nice combined. Alas, to each his own!

Abraxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:35 PM   #22
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobot Meister View Post
Wondering what fellow members do with their Classics Display in regards to stand-ins and replacements.
There are a few characters from the line(s)that I want to wait for a better Hasbro release or replace with 3rd party.
For myself the following are characters that are current stand-ins or total replacements.

United Megatron- stand-in(dont like the wings)
Universe Ratchet- stand-in(horrible figure)
Universe Ironhide- stand-in(horrible figure)
Classics Voyager Optimus- undecided?(too short)
G1 Soundwave- stand-in(no tape deck versions)
Classics Bumblebee- stand-in(too big)
Classics Cliffjumper- stand-in(too big)

As of right now I have no replacements for any of my Classics.
soundwave, music label with reprolabels

biggest stand in, the prowl mold, such a pos rather not have a prowl than have it

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW

Last edited by brr-icy; 08-29-2013 at 10:50 PM.
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:54 PM   #23
AeroShake
Made of Gundamium
Send a message via Skype™ to AeroShake

I like to be a little weird with my scaling. Like say TFC Hercules, I think he'd make a great Classic Devastator AND a good MP Devastator because in a sense they're true to both scales: That Devastator was unrealistically huge in the cartoon (which is perfect for Classics) and realistically, combined, he's twice the size of any bot (MP scale).

Another thing I do is have the Maketoys Green Giant to represent their individual forms but I have Hercules as my Classic Devastator. This is what I plan on doing for any commoners. It's expensive as hell but I'm OCD like that.

Wants/Needs
- DAFT PUNK MEMORABILIA
- GCreations Six Shot
- Maketoys Cross Dimension Nemesis Prime
- Transformers Kuro Kara Kuri Tarn
- Transformers Kuro Kara Kuri Star Saber
- Warhammer 40k stuff

AeroShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 11:14 PM   #24
Abraxys
With full honors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroShake View Post
Another thing I do is have the Maketoys Green Giant to represent their individual forms but I have Hercules as my Classic Devastator. This is what I plan on doing for any commoners. It's expensive as hell but I'm OCD like that.
^This.

Exactly, great for classics, good enough for mp. But damn that's expensive, two combiners for the same character, I'd be in sooo much debt

Abraxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 11:22 PM   #25
Deception
Crossover

haha no kidding, i'm sticking to maketoys for my devy, and fp menasor. i like this size of combiners for the classics line, seems "more realistic"...but that mmc predaking...hahaha i might just say screw scale for that one lol
Deception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 12:23 AM   #26
The 12th Prime
Lost count, long time ago
The 12th Prime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobot Meister View Post
Wondering what fellow members do with their Classics Display in regards to stand-ins and replacements.
There are a few characters from the line(s)that I want to wait for a better Hasbro release or replace with 3rd party.
For myself the following are characters that are current stand-ins or total replacements.

United Megatron- stand-in(dont like the wings)
Universe Ratchet- stand-in(horrible figure)
Universe Ironhide- stand-in(horrible figure)
Classics Voyager Optimus- undecided?(too short)
G1 Soundwave- stand-in(no tape deck versions)
Classics Bumblebee- stand-in(too big)
Classics Cliffjumper- stand-in(too big)

As of right now I have no replacements for any of my Classics.
Hmm, good question (I'm sure someone's asked it before but hey we have had new toys since then we need an update) and some interesting ideas out there. Here are mine plus a few bots not on your list afterward:

Henkei Megatron- He's it for now, I'm cool with the wings even though it's not the greatest. Hegemon is nice but I just don't feel it aesthetically. I'd like to see Takara and Hasbro try Megs again using the Prime deluxe Vehicon trick to fold away the wings or shell of the gun into the back or something.

Hekei Ratchet and Ironhide- They are what they are, I wasn't going to have a blue faced MF'er. As for Cybertronian mode I have a Botcon Ironhide (looking for the Ratchet) as a stand in though he's lookin' pretty dated against the WFC and FOC figures though.

Kreo Arcee is my G1 Arcee, lol. Really though I'm using the Energon one for now.

Henkei Voyager Optimus- Works for me

Titanium Soundwave- I chose this one over the Music Label because I wanted my SW to be just a little bit blockier.

Henkei Bumblebee and Classics Cliffjumper (because there is no Takara one, yet!)- Nailed it, I wasn't a fan of the mini bot bastards as a child because they were too small. Classics to me did it justice, they're smaller than the other bots but don't just come up to their knee or are a car that become barely taller than a human. I hope there's a Smart Car TF in TF4.

Now my other stand-in's if you will:

G1 Perceptor- Until the 3rd party one I like comes out. I wasn't crazy about the RTS or United versions.

G1 Punch/Counterpunch- I wasn't big on the club using the Lambo Brothers for this character. I'd like the Nissan Pulsar that they are please!

Botcon Huffer- Until that 3rd party MP version comes out which hopefully makes it Classics size for a smallish truck.

Titanium Rodimus- Works for me.

Henkei Powerglide- Again works for me.

FP Insecticons- All 6 of them, the size and colours work for me. I was using the Universe reissue and eHobby ones until I got the FP ones.

FP Warbot Defender- You'll always be my Springer, I can't turn my back on you now not-Springer because there is another one out there from Hasbro

Superlink Laserwave for Shockwave, if I could only find a suitable replacement for that left arm.

WFC Optimus- is my Cybertronian OP, I have sort of an evolution story going with him though with having the Titanium version too plus getting the Orion pax when it's available. Same for MagPie too except I got the Takara FOC version and soon he will be kitbashed with the Habro version to have the whiteness he deserves. Also have that in Titanium as well.

Takara FOC Grimlock- I was using the Classics version, then the MP because hey Grimmy's a big frickin' Dinosaur.

Hasbro's FOC Blaster for my Classics Blaster because I just liked the colours of that one too. Anyone else doing this? I have the Takara one too for the Cybertronian shelf.

One that eludes me is the Shattered Glass Starscream, I want to use that as my Cybertronian Sky/Jetfire. Anyone got one they'd like to sell to me?

Oh yes Almost forgot about Hercules, because hey I wanted it big and that size is right for me.

I could go on but I think the picture is gotten

Last edited by The 12th Prime; 08-30-2013 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Mount Olympus
The 12th Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 02:49 AM   #27
Jeem
Energon

Did anyone mention igear's faith leader as a stand in for voyager OP? Dunno if it is in scale with Hegmon.

Woot woot! My own Feedback thread!: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=24846

My For Sale thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=51577
Jeem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 12:57 PM   #28
Deception
Crossover

if i had a classics op and wanted to swap it would be mp10 hands down. Too expensive to get a faith leader Ithink mp10 is a nice scale and u get the most bang for your buck. Also the new mp cars are not even that big, they are just slightly bigger than deluxes so if you compared the classics bb the scale is pretty good. Having said that, i'd still prefer to have clasics op. I have sdcc nemesis and its a great figure and it looks awesome beside all my decepticons
Old 08-30-2013, 01:30 PM   #29
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

I would say that the new mp cars are slightly smaller than voyager my Sideswipe and Redalert are just a little smaller not by much then Classics Op and Bigger than RTS Jazz buy at least a good head I feel like I am the only one that does not class the new MP cars as deluxe but as a "slightly" smaller Voyager I wll take some pics with Classics OP RTS Jazz RTS BB and MP Red Alert for size comparison
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 09:39 PM   #30
Deception
Crossover

hey just found this online

http://toyroom.files.wordpress.com/2...nbow_scale.jpg