Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 12:44 AM   #101
CanBot
Cybertron
Re: Masterpiece Grimlock confirmed for Toys R Us Canada

It's stuff like this makes me wonder about how many of 'us' (by 'us' I mean adult collectors of TFs) there REALLY are. I read so many threads on TFW about how we should be happy with what we get because, after all, these are toys marketed to children And while I agree that Hasbro's main demo is children, I am pretty sure that every MP run Hasbro has done has sold out, without the need for blowout sales (like you find on many Leader movie bots). So, I would like to think that Hasbro is definitely banking on 'us' to fill some coffers because ain't no 8 year old dropping 100 plus tax on an MP. My point?

Reissue MP-10 lol!
Old 05-14-2014, 09:51 AM   #102
Wheeltron
Maximal

I've heard from podcasts that the percentage the companies attribute to our buying power is something like 15% of the sales but I seem to recall it going up slightly.
Old 05-14-2014, 10:39 AM   #103
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeltron View Post
I've heard from podcasts that the percentage the companies attribute to our buying power is something like 15% of the sales but I seem to recall it going up slightly.
It probably varies quite a bit by line as well. Meaning that we are probably the majority percentage buying MPs and G1 related items, but probably a smaller percentage buying the Robot Heroes kiddie line. As for the movie line....well I can't imagine we are that high a percentage based on total units sold, alone.
Old 05-14-2014, 12:46 PM   #104
laffy
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanBot View Post
It's stuff like this makes me wonder about how many of 'us' (by 'us' I mean adult collectors of TFs) there REALLY are. I read so many threads on TFW about how we should be happy with what we get because, after all, these are toys marketed to children And while I agree that Hasbro's main demo is children, I am pretty sure that every MP run Hasbro has done has sold out, without the need for blowout sales (like you find on many Leader movie bots). So, I would like to think that Hasbro is definitely banking on 'us' to fill some coffers because ain't no 8 year old dropping 100 plus tax on an MP. My point?

Reissue MP-10 lol!
not true at first most mps where shelf warmers and were discounted to get ride of.. BUT BUT BUT back then mps where NOWHERE near as popular as it is today.. MP03, mp 08, and yes shocking lol Mp09 where all discounted to get rid of stock.
Old 05-14-2014, 02:13 PM   #105
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

So did any others have their preorder cancelled or was that just a fluke?
Old 05-14-2014, 07:00 PM   #106
Johnstewling
Banned

Collectors account for a far larger percentage than most people are willing to admit. If we didn't there would be no MP figures, no Generations, and no G1 Reissues, and no 30th Anniversary toys all priced at 50 buck or higher.

Collectors also have Botcon and Joecon, and countless Star Wars and Star Trek conventions. Let's be honest we spend money, kids don't.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:22 PM   #107
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

Hasbro is always trying to downplay our importance in buying power of transformers. Collectors are the ones that buy an entire wave of figures at one time and sometimes 2 of each.
Old 05-15-2014, 09:03 PM   #108
Tarantulas
Tripredacus Council Agent

Would anyone that managed to use the promo code successfully be willing to tell me their order #? Customer service rep said he'd be able to offer if I had an order number, that way he could duplicate it... So silly that he wouldn't just allow it.
Old 05-15-2014, 09:32 PM   #109
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix_Holder View Post
Hasbro is always trying to downplay our importance in buying power of transformers. Collectors are the ones that buy an entire wave of figures at one time and sometimes 2 of each.
Not this time. I did it for first 3 movies, this time looks like I will skip most of the movie 4 toys.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

Old 05-15-2014, 10:29 PM   #110
Wheeltron
Maximal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarantulas View Post
Would anyone that managed to use the promo code successfully be willing to tell me their order #? Customer service rep said he'd be able to offer if I had an order number, that way he could duplicate it... So silly that he wouldn't just allow it.
There was a promo code?