Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Customs and Artwork

Old 06-20-2014, 07:02 PM   #281
Rodimus Prime1
Ride in Style
Re: Repair Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgianos View Post
What are people's results with restoring chrome with aluminum foil scrubbing? How much better does it look?

Do you mean bare metal foil for models? ( http://www.bare-metal.com/bare-metal-foil.html ).

I have used this a limited amount, if my memory serves correct it was fine, but my models were static display. I don't know how durable it would be for transformations.

Wants: >

Feedback

Collection
Rodimus Prime1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 09:53 PM   #282
L1FTER
Generation 1

I'm new to collecting Transformers and picked up my first Masterpiece the other day and it was none other then the MP-03 Grimlock. I know the issues with the loose hips are pretty common and I've read there are ways of tightening them. Does anyone know what is required to do this? Also if there's any pics that can be provided it'd be much appreciated.
L1FTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 06:57 PM   #283
omegalaw
Generation 2

So this just happened. Any ideas on how to fix it, I've no experience in the area and any help would be appreciated.

Old 07-09-2014, 07:03 PM   #284
chans formers
raff ow roud

@omegalaw,this looks like wfc deluxe prime.
if it is,there's not much you can do except search for a cheapy/junker prime at tfcon this weekend and swap out the bottom leg completely.this wave of bots is pretty much the last of the better built bots before hasbro/takara started really down sizing them and using the cheaper plastic etc.
Old 07-10-2014, 10:48 AM   #285
omegalaw
Generation 2

It's actually MP10, guess I should have specified.
Old 07-10-2014, 01:40 PM   #286
SanMiguel
Beasty
SanMiguel's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegalaw View Post
It's actually MP10, guess I should have specified.
does it affect transformation? if not live with it.....or it could be a whole recast of the part or 3d print out or a junker will be your best bet....

or a simple sticky glue might do the trick....
Old 07-23-2014, 01:12 AM   #287
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by L1FTER View Post
I'm new to collecting Transformers and picked up my first Masterpiece the other day and it was none other then the MP-03 Grimlock. I know the issues with the loose hips are pretty common and I've read there are ways of tightening them. Does anyone know what is required to do this? Also if there's any pics that can be provided it'd be much appreciated.
There's a video on YouTube that shows what you need to do.
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 07:26 AM   #288
justprime
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegalaw View Post
So this just happened. Any ideas on how to fix it, I've no experience in the area and any help would be appreciated.

Go to your locale auto parts supplier ( UAP) ask for plastic bumper repair glue or something simmular or I use Permatex perma poxy plastic weld (canadian tire) if done correctly it will bond just about any plastic and has a strengh in most cases to handle transforming your bot, its an industrial grade adheasive nasty to use but works super for repairs actully bonds the plastic
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 02:54 AM   #289
Slave
Energon
Slave's Ebay Auctions

Question guys, I just recently gotten KFC's OVERSLAY & HAYMAKER... the ladder one is perfect, but Overslay's right back leg is INCREDIBLY loose...

If I hold the figure by the head, and rock it back & forth a little, the back leg could spin... its loose to a point where, if it were a wheel he would roll incredibly well.

now the joint is not a screw, nor a pin that goes through... on one side there a black dot and nothing on the other.

Obviously the figure cant hold up. So I'm wondering if there is any way to tighten the joint?

the missiles pods on the shoulders seems to have the very same black dot joint, and the pods are super tight to spin around for transformation, yet that back leg is wayyyyyyyy too loose.

picture here of the black dot joint in cassette mode (black dots on the right side): http://i1.wp.com/www.allspark.com/co...it=3000%2C3000

thanks!

Last edited by Slave; 01-10-2015 at 02:58 AM.
Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 09:53 AM   #290
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave View Post
Question guys, I just recently gotten KFC's OVERSLAY & HAYMAKER... the ladder one is perfect, but Overslay's right back leg is INCREDIBLY loose...

If I hold the figure by the head, and rock it back & forth a little, the back leg could spin... its loose to a point where, if it were a wheel he would roll incredibly well.

now the joint is not a screw, nor a pin that goes through... on one side there a black dot and nothing on the other.

Obviously the figure cant hold up. So I'm wondering if there is any way to tighten the joint?

the missiles pods on the shoulders seems to have the very same black dot joint, and the pods are super tight to spin around for transformation, yet that back leg is wayyyyyyyy too loose.

picture here of the black dot joint in cassette mode (black dots on the right side): http://i1.wp.com/www.allspark.com/co...it=3000%2C3000

thanks!
It looks/sounds like it's essentially a plastic rivet that doesn't go all the way through.

I don't think there would be any way to get in there and tighten that joint without trying to take it apart, and I wouldn't advise trying to take it apart without knowing more about the joint because you could risk snapping it...and then you'd be in a worse situation.

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote