Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Customs and Artwork

Old 03-08-2009, 06:11 PM   #131
Solscud007
Beast Machine
Re: Repair Thread

Actually I find it easier to just swap the parts with a cheap 25th anniversary prime.

Here is a before and afte i posted on TFW.
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transf...ransplant.html

Dak, or anyone else with experience, is there a way to remove G1 prime's front axel? the thighs, wheels and torso are all connected by a single solid pin/axle which has caps on either end. Some sort of pressed metal collar.
Solscud007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 10:48 PM   #132
evil_ivotron
decepticon ruler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tusko View Post
Per the Minerva thread, I tried to peroxide whiten my Ultra Magnus. It didn't really work.
3% Peroxide for 5 hours.
Before:

Setup:

After:

Well it needs sunlight or a uv lamp. Sorry, the process takes a little longer then 5 hrs. That Minerva tock almost 48hrs in low light due to overcast skies. It only received about 6 hrs of good day light. The rest of the time, it was under a lamp. And really, you should try 35% h.p. If you are worried about it affecting your figure. Don't. I risked a Minerva.

thanks Crobot for the awesome sig...
"every heroic Autobot deserves a concrete tomb"
evil_ivotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 08:52 AM   #133
tusko
Classic

My figure was in full sun light in a glass jar. Bubbles formed so there was some O2 dissociation.

I agree that I should try this with a stronger solution of H2O2.

Thanks for the feedback!
tusko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:42 AM   #134
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

Either stronger solution, or longer time.

I found this website that explains the science behind plastic yellowing, and why H202 works to restore it. They also give you a formula to mix up a paste that will do the job much more quickly than soaking it in H202 and leaving it in sunlight. I'll post it in the other thread too.

http://retr0bright.wikispaces.com/

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:47 AM   #135
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torres View Post
Hi everyone

just a few questions i want to ask......

1. do you think its a good idea to repaint the chrome on the G1 Prime and Magnus?

and

2. what will be the best paint to use to repaint the chrome?

thanx for the help everyone

Torres
Torres, first, welcome to the boards. Now, to answer your question: it depends. If you repaint them, chances are you might not be able to resell them. That's the first consideration I guess.

Second thing to consider is that the chrome pieces they have are not painted, but vacuumized aluminum (or something like that). Reports on the use of chrome "paint" like Alclad, have been spotty at best, with two or three notable successes (the most recent was Frenzy_Rumble who redid a G2 Megatron to be chrome, but the one he was "happy" with was actually the third he painted, the first two were not up to his standards). So it's not reliable, and I wouldn't risk a G1 figure on the process. I'm also not sure how well it would even stick up overtop of existing chrome.

+ and more!

Looking to buy:

My Feedback Thread

Last edited by Bruticus82; 03-09-2009 at 09:49 AM.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:34 AM   #136
chans formers
raff ow roud

the pins that hold his shoulder pads/fans on him arent that bad to remove.the worst is the ones that allow his arms to fold in for dino mold.dont bother messing with those.but for the shoulder pad ones,the first thing you wanna do is identify which way it needs to be pushed out(on almost every pin,one end will be smooth while the other end will be textured to hold it in.)find out which end is textured then hit the smooth side forcing the textured end out first.(if you hit the textured end first,you're not going to be a happy camper at all,think of trying to ram a pin thats too big all the way through a hole that's too small)but once you have the textured end sticking out a bit,grab that sucker with a pair of pliers and puller outta there.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:47 AM   #137
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

I deleted the related post in here and moved it to the customizing thread, since its more of a customizing than repair job I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chans formers View Post
the pins that hold his shoulder pads/fans on him arent that bad to remove.the worst is the ones that allow his arms to fold in for dino mold.dont bother messing with those.but for the shoulder pad ones,the first thing you wanna do is identify which way it needs to be pushed out(on almost every pin,one end will be smooth while the other end will be textured to hold it in.)find out which end is textured then hit the smooth side forcing the textured end out first.(if you hit the textured end first,you're not going to be a happy camper at all,think of trying to ram a pin thats too big all the way through a hole that's too small)but once you have the textured end sticking out a bit,grab that sucker with a pair of pliers and puller outta there.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 08:39 PM   #138
BeeBoy29
Alternator

Guys can someone help me, my brother threw me classics magnus down the stairs D: now he has a broken leg, do you think superglue will fix the job?
BeeBoy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 09:31 PM   #139
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

Ouch...dare I ask where/how the leg is broken? Is it in a spot that will likely be stessed when transforming etc.?

Everyone seems to have their own preference as to which glue works best, so I'll let others chime in on that front.

+ and more!

Looking to buy:

My Feedback Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 09:59 PM   #140
BeeBoy29
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruticus82 View Post
Ouch...dare I ask where/how the leg is broken? Is it in a spot that will likely be stessed when transforming etc.?

Everyone seems to have their own preference as to which glue works best, so I'll let others chime in on that front.
The whole leg has come apart up to crotch area, ill try and get some pics up if i can find my camera.
BeeBoy29 is offline   Reply With Quote