Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 08-31-2012, 01:37 PM   #1
Vakamadisk
Meow
Achieved one of my dream jobs: Toys

I've been working the Toys Department of the Victoria Uptown Wal-Mart for a few weeks now, and I've been enjoying it. I feel in my element there, haha. But it's not all fun, it's a lot of hard work to keep it well stocked and clean. I can't wait for Christmas.

If you're ever in the Victoria Wal-Mart and want to say "Hi" to me, my name's Nick, and I usually work from late afternoon to closing.
Old 08-31-2012, 01:55 PM   #2
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind
Re: Achieved one of my dream jobs: Toys

Hi Nick!

Glad that you are enjoying your job and it is nice to see someone who actually cares about toys in a toy section.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:18 PM   #3
Aernaroth
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vakamadisk View Post
I've been working the Toys Department of the Victoria Uptown Wal-Mart for a few weeks now, and I've been enjoying it. I feel in my element there, haha. But it's not all fun, it's a lot of hard work to keep it well stocked and clean. I can't wait for Christmas.

If you're ever in the Victoria Wal-Mart and want to say "Hi" to me, my name's Nick, and I usually work from late afternoon to closing.
I been there, albeit at a different Wal-mart. It ain't easy, so try and learn to love the madness. Force yourself to help people when you can, even when they're assholes (ESPECIALLY when they're assholes), and you'll find your own attitude is contagious.

I think the most surreal times for me were close to x-mas, trying to help parents decipher their kids' handwriting on their wishlists.
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 03:50 AM   #4
Vakamadisk
Meow

Thanks for the kind words.
At times I tire of the madness, especially when I can't make a customer happy due to items being out of stock or if I don't know much about a product; but when I do help make someone's day better, I regain my old spark and remember why I wanted to work in Toys. Toys bring joy after all, right? Finding the right one should not be a tedious process for anyone. I'm not the best, but I'm learning.
Now if only Hasbro will start shipping some new waves of Transformers over here. I bet we'll see Prime Deluxe Wave 2 and up in November. Some powerizers arrived today, but I didn't get a chance to see which wave they are.