Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-26-2019, 02:22 AM   #41
riderman
Beast Machine
Re: Siege Red Wing: Any news on a Canadian release?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonestar View Post
He is an Online Exclusive and you need their RedCard to order him which makes him even harder for we Canadians to get. He's still available on their site. I check every now and then to see if he's sold out and so far not yet.
I miss Target Canada. That's where I get all the cool Exclusives from Transformers to DVDs to Blu Rays
riderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 04:52 PM   #42
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonestar View Post
He is an Online Exclusive and you need their RedCard to order him which makes him even harder for we Canadians to get. He's still available on their site. I check every now and then to see if he's sold out and so far not yet.
Yeah, that's quite the scam they've got going. Not only is it a Target exclusive, it even further exclusive because you can't buy it if you don't have their credit card!

Quote:
Originally Posted by riderman View Post
I miss Target Canada. That's where I get all the cool Exclusives from Transformers to DVDs to Blu Rays
I don't, they were mostly worthless. Sure it was great at the beginning, but as time went on they really went down hill.
Old 01-06-2020, 06:14 PM   #43
ngnaw
Armada

So he's not coming? Glad I got him from ebay China! Why wouldn't he be here though???
Old 01-06-2020, 07:10 PM   #44
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave 75 View Post
Yeah, that's quite the scam they've got going. Not only is it a Target exclusive, it even further exclusive because you can't buy it if you don't have their credit card!

I don't, they were mostly worthless. Sure it was great at the beginning, but as time went on they really went down hill.
Really? Not here, Target obliterated all 5 of our worthless Walmarts. It was a better shopping experience in every way imaginable. BUT, I have heard many stories like yours. Seems their quality was not uniform across the country. Sad really,I would trade all 5 walmarts for 1 Target lol.

As for no Red Wing here, it was simply a greedy cash grab in conjunction with Target. No reason to bring it here.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 07:28 PM   #45
imfallenangel
Cybertron

If you saw the thread I did, I simply gave up and did my own by painting a StarScream.

I'm actually playing with it right now. The paint is holding great and he's definitely one of my favorites figures ever.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 10:11 PM   #46
ngnaw
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfallenangel View Post
If you saw the thread I did, I simply gave up and did my own by painting a StarScream.

I'm actually playing with it right now. The paint is holding great and he's definitely one of my favorites figures ever.
I picked him up early on from ebay for $50, had a gut feeling he wasn't coming. I did have an extra starscream and was going to paint him a dark metallic green but I swapped him for Thundercracker... Maybe if I can get my hands on him very cheap I might try to paint a custom...
Old 01-07-2020, 01:15 AM   #47
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngnaw View Post
I picked him up early on from ebay for $50, had a gut feeling he wasn't coming. I did have an extra starscream and was going to paint him a dark metallic green but I swapped him for Thundercracker... Maybe if I can get my hands on him very cheap I might try to paint a custom...
Well, he's selling at around 60$ now... for a 40$ seeker mold recolor, I just don't believe justifying the high cost, at least beyond 5$ difference.

With the TrU sale and getting StarScream for 32$, a few pennies' worth of paint, a bit of time and patience that was actually kinda fun to do, I have one that's actually a better shade of red, proper silver highlights, AND on top, he doesn't have the seizure twitch face, so for me it's a win-win....

I picked up another Starscream and have another idea for a very different project... so I'll be posting that one when done.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 08:06 AM   #48
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

I've seen Red Wing for pretty reasonable prices on eBay, but as I look at my display of the 3 standard Seekers and the 3 Rainmakers, I go back and forth on wanting him. My mild OCD wants him to complete the set, but the part of me who only collects "show characters" says, "But he's not from the show, hes just based on a club character."
Old 01-07-2020, 11:12 AM   #49
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Didnt Gotbot say this would come to TRU Canada? Did he ever see an actual listing?
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 05:58 PM   #50
ngnaw
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
Didnt Gotbot say this would come to TRU Canada? Did he ever see an actual listing?
I don't know, Siege is ending in Canada and beginning in USA so i'm not holding my breath...