Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-10-2022, 07:36 PM   #1
savagephil
Robot in Disguise
Cehsostore.com

Anyone ever use this for buying Transformers? If u have is it any good etc. What do you guys think

Cehsostore.com
savagephil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 07:45 PM   #2
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions
Re: Cehsostore.com

Never heard of them
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 08:22 PM   #3
MrFancypant5
Generation 1

I think Scam. First, they have more inventory and more in stock items than even bigbadtoystore. Second, I took a look at the About on the website, and they seemed to have cut/paste it from another clothing scam site they are using. I know someone who got scammed by a similar looking clothing site.

https://cehsostore.com/about/

The Best Technology for the best results

Cehsostore store is a unique and growing men’s & women’s fashion brand, making hot new trends affordable for everyone. All our clothing are lovingly designed and made in our factory, using our in-house designs coupled with great fabrics from around the world
MrFancypant5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 08:23 PM   #4
UsernamePrime
G.I. Joe is better.

quora review (just 1 review) says scam

scam detector ranks it 64%, which is kinda grey area unknown.

haven't found a single review beyond this so I would stay away from this site
UsernamePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 08:25 PM   #5
cheukgor
Generation 1

never heard of them either, but simply loook at the about page seems to indicate it's a fake store

Most of these "phishing" stores sells all kind of things on discount, but one major red flag is they are usually too lazy to change the about/contact page, so whatever they wrote there doesn't even match what they are selling.

I would say stick with the usual/more reputable store
cheukgor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 08:29 PM   #6
savagephil
Robot in Disguise

Thanks guys I'm not a guy who uses online vendors that often so on my hunt for generations selects seacons, I saw this site had all of them, why I had to ask you guys. Thanks again
savagephil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 03:05 PM   #7
imfallenangel
Cybertron

I ran across a similar site (kitabkuk.top) about 2 months ago (WHICH IS NOW DOWN!).

It showed great prices (but still within possible range) and as they did use Paypal, I decided to give them a chance as in many ways they came off as a new site which had acquired stock from a large warehouse (as I've heard that so actually do exist) that they had appropriated.

First I did reach to them and asked questions, and did some back and forth to see how they responded, and their replies were quick and quite acceptable.

So I did a test order for the figure that I really hoped that they'd be legit, and a day later I received the shipping/tracking.

Took the usual month to get here, as expected from anything from China, and on arrival it wasn't a shock as I knew that this was a "test" (the shock would have been a happy one IF it had been legit).. I got something like a toe ring or something.

I decided to do the correct approach and contacted them, and the reply was that it was a mistake due to the COVID-19 and a mixup in their warehouse's system. I stated no problem, just send me the correct item, to which the reply was that they would refund me 30%. I refused, and get another reply, this time 50%.

That's when I just filed with Paypal with copies of these emails, and was refunded 100% within a couple of hours.

Today is the first time that I recheck that site and finding it gone doesn't surprise me... but I have to admit that it really did look legit as the only tell-tale of it being questionable with the support email that did show on on a search for another site that had been presumed (but not confirmed) to be fake. The thing that was impressive was the amount of details and work that had gone into that site... it really did look legit.

It was a "too good to be true" scenario, but I didn't feel like I had anything to lose with using Paypal as a security (I would have NEVER used my credit card for this), and IF they had been legit, it would have been fantastic as they did have many figures at lower prices than anyone else, and stuff that's been out of stock for a while.

Last edited by imfallenangel; 03-11-2022 at 03:13 PM.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 11:46 PM   #8
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagephil View Post
Thanks guys I'm not a guy who uses online vendors that often so on my hunt for generations selects seacons, I saw this site had all of them, why I had to ask you guys. Thanks again
I swear these scam sites will like, use your browsing history or something to lure you in with exactly what you’re looking for

See below, I had similar expy (but no purchase) with another old site, that just HAPPENED to have an incredibly extinct KO kit that I’d been looking for, available for an insane price:

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=80831
evenstaves is online now   Reply With Quote