Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-16-2015, 07:45 PM   #1
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy
IDW MTMTE toys

I really like the designs and art work from MTMTE, and there are some figures out there that are straight out IDW MTMTE comic book, but are we going to get more figures from the MTMTE comic? like Drift, Rodimus, Ratchet, Tailgate, Cyclonus, etc..?
Old 09-16-2015, 08:10 PM   #2
thebobkat
Canadian Slag
Re: IDW MTMTE toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironwave View Post
I really like the designs and art work from MTMTE, and there are some figures out there that are straight out IDW MTMTE comic book, but are we going to get more figures from the MTMTE comic? like Drift, Rodimus, Ratchet, Tailgate, Cyclonus, etc..?
From Hasbro? Wait and see I suppose. It's a little unclear when they'd continue the Generations line again. Some are already done in the eyes of Hasbro, like the recent Generations Legends Tailgate, and some of the older Generations/Classics figures Like Drift and Cyclonus. Other than that, it's 3P filling in some of the holes or providing more comic accurate products (e.g. MakeToys Rear-End).

There are some other good official representations like the TakaraTomy e-Hobby Cloud Rodimus (close to the MTMTE Rodimus, though not exactly) or you could do your own customs like the Shapeways MTMTE Rodimus head on a Transformers Prime Wheeljack body: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radico...us-custom.html

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread Updated DEC 28 2023
thebobkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 08:12 PM   #3
Mercutio
Generation 2

Well, we've already got Tailgate. I'd love a Cyclonus, but I don't know how likely it is after they just did the boring CW one.

The IDW figs are some of my favourite designs, though; Skids and stealth bomber Megs are awesome. I hope they keep making more. Top 3 on my wish list would be Tarn, Earth mode Arcee, and a proper all-out leader class Nova Prime (hey, I can dream).
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 08:15 PM   #4
thebobkat
Canadian Slag

I doubt Hasbro would make anything from the DJD - it's too niche. They'd stick with the mailine characters for wider appeal. In the meantime, the DJD figures coming from MMC look great.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread Updated DEC 28 2023
thebobkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 08:43 PM   #5
carissa
Energon

I've made the same Rodimus Bob linked to there, and I'm gonna be making a second one for my best friend. Almost the entirety of my Lost Light crew are repaints though. Seven of them in that photo are complete repaints.

carissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 09:10 PM   #6
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy

Last time I tried custom work/re-tooling, I ended up breaking the figure to the point where even superglue wouldn't have done nothing
Old 09-16-2015, 09:24 PM   #7
Mercutio
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissa View Post
I've made the same Rodimus Bob linked to there, and I'm gonna be making a second one for my best friend. Almost the entirety of my Lost Light crew are repaints though. Seven of them in that photo are complete repaints.

Nice display! Haha, Pharma wasn't on the crew, was he? Cool custom, though! Looking over all of those, Magnus, Skids and Swerve are definitely the most perfect MTMTE representations Hasbro has given us so far. Where's the Rewind from, out of curiosity?

PS. Prime Megs looks like he got lost, haha. I highly recommend the CW leader; he's pretty awesome and might fit in a little better.
Old 09-16-2015, 09:25 PM   #8
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

Tailgate, Skids, and Crosscut are pretty bad figures. If you can get them for $10 then sure, then they are worth it.

You might want to wait until next year for a better Rodimus...
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 10:04 PM   #9
carissa
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercutio View Post
Haha, Pharma wasn't on the crew, was he?
No but he was introduced via the MTMTE comics, so he doesn't fit in anywhere else.

Quote:
Where's the Rewind from, out of curiosity?
He's a Shapeways model by ariel lemon/fakebusker: https://www.shapeways.com/product/55...845013&li=cart

Quote:
PS. Prime Megs looks like he got lost, haha. I highly recommend the CW leader; he's pretty awesome and might fit in a little better.
Hmm yeah thus far I don't have a CHUG Megatron, so the Prime version was taking his place. I don't really like the CW Megatron though....
carissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 11:53 PM   #10
Mercutio
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post
Tailgate, Skids, and Crosscut are pretty bad figures.
Say what?? I can't vouch for Tailgate, but Skids is awesome! As a representation of his IDW appearance, I'm not sure how he could be any better, right down to all his hidden cannons and missiles! Amazing how much they managed to fit into a deluxe pricepoint. Not to mention his spot-on headsculpt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissa View Post
No but he was introduced via the MTMTE comics, so he doesn't fit in anywhere else.

He's a Shapeways model by ariel lemon/fakebusker: https://www.shapeways.com/product/55...845013&li=cart

Hmm yeah thus far I don't have a CHUG Megatron, so the Prime version was taking his place. I don't really like the CW Megatron though....
Cool! Yeah, I do wish CW Megs weren't so simplified, but he's a really clever and effective design despite the simplifications. His tank mode is fantastic (love the working turret and treads) and the bot mode is probably the best G1-style Megs we've ever gotten, despite his somewhat wonky legs. He's not perfect, bit he's pretty darn good. But to each their own, of course!