Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 02-10-2011, 09:26 AM   #1
bourdon
Generation 1
Power rangers samurai in canada

Power rangers samurai start tomorrow at 8:00 p.m. on nick canada : http://www.nickcanada.com/.
bourdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:58 PM   #2
Protoman
The Legend
Re: Power rangers samurai in canada

Damn right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cczXYV0VCDA
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:00 AM   #3
Benzo
Plastic Crack Addict

yay!! Bulk!!
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:50 AM   #4
Dawg88
Generation 1

my son is very excited for this friday night he's been talking about it for weeks
Old 02-13-2011, 11:19 AM   #5
Goji_tron
Beasty

1) I have seen the episode and I found it a bit odd how they used a bit of plot and footage from Shinkenger episode 3 as the first one in the American adaptation. Sure a similar thing happened in Mighty Morhin Power Rangers on how the Megazord was introduced into the first episode than Zyuranger.

2) The special effects for summoning the zords is a bit much, including the unnecessary change of outfits before they get into the cockpit of the zords.

3) Even the entire cockpit room of the Megazord got changed in the american Adaptation. I wonder why they couldn't just leave the original cockpit footage of Shinkenger alone and use it? Is Saban just trying to sell toys? Then again, the change of cockpit is a callback to the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers american version of the cockpit.

4) It is good to have Bulk back in this show. Wonder why Skull isn't in it as well?
Goji_tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 12:34 AM   #6
cannabisprime
トーランスフォムー!

What Goji_tron said and more...

I was disappointed the first episode lacked the buildup that the first episode of Shinkenger had. Then again, it's a given especially when the original opens the series this way:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZtuq...eature=related

With the episode entitled "The Team Unites", I was anticipating a closer adaptation to the original when the remaining four Rangers where summoned by the Red ranger; that and all the quick background info on everyone (Rangers, the villains, etc) was lacking in this adaptation. While it also can't be helped, it would've been nice if the little nuances that added to the original show (the Kuroko, the Sukima sensors, etc) were also put in as well. Lastly, I don't know what was more annoying: Bulk's nephew Spike or the morphing call "Go! Go! Samurai!". So far, I don't think this one will be the next Time Force that's for sure.

.. then again, this is a biased opinion from someone who's enjoyed Shinkenger.
cannabisprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 12:00 PM   #7
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

I...wasn't really that impressed. Watching the episode was like picking up a book and starting it on Chapter Five. I have no idea why the Rangers have gathered, who they're true villain is or what the overall plot is suppose to be aside from "evil is bad, we kill evil".

It was kinda nice to see Bulk again. That was a random inclusion. Last we saw of him, wasn't he on Terra Venture? So, is this show even suppose to be taking place on Earth, or on the planet Terra Venture colonized in "Lost Galaxy"?

Morphing has always been kind of a hassle, between having to pull gizmos off of belts from behind your back, or stick keys into things on your wrists or punch in numerical codes on space cellphones, but having to wiggle it around in front of you to air-draw Chinese characters is definetly the weirdest way to activate a Morpher yet.

It was entertaining at the least, but a far cry from series of the past. I was hoping the year off they took would have improved the show and given it some evolution, but if anything it looks to be a step back from RPM. Just my opinion though.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 12:49 PM   #8
Goji_tron
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn View Post
I...wasn't really that impressed. Watching the episode was like picking up a book and starting it on Chapter Five. I have no idea why the Rangers have gathered, who they're true villain is or what the overall plot is suppose to be aside from "evil is bad, we kill evil".

It was kinda nice to see Bulk again. That was a random inclusion. Last we saw of him, wasn't he on Terra Venture? So, is this show even suppose to be taking place on Earth, or on the planet Terra Venture colonized in "Lost Galaxy"?

Morphing has always been kind of a hassle, between having to pull gizmos off of belts from behind your back, or stick keys into things on your wrists or punch in numerical codes on space cellphones, but having to wiggle it around in front of you to air-draw Chinese characters is definetly the weirdest way to activate a Morpher yet.

It was entertaining at the least, but a far cry from series of the past. I was hoping the year off they took would have improved the show and given it some evolution, but if anything it looks to be a step back from RPM. Just my opinion though.

1) Agreed on the part that it should show rangers gathering first.

2) Bulk was on terraventure but he somehow made it back to Earth, seen on Power Rangers Wild Force episode Forever Red.

3) I respect your opinion on the show. I say this first episode could've been done better. I wonder if people should be grateful that Power Rangers came back at all under Saban's ruling. Anyway, it is not chinese characters, it is Japanese characters. Also that transformation is unique as well.
Goji_tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:42 PM   #9
cannabisprime
トーランスフォムー!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn View Post

It actually made sense in the Japanese original because it was explained from the beginning. If you thought that was weird, you should see the morphing sequence for the 6th Ranger (assuming they keep true to the original Shinkenger morpher).
cannabisprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 02:22 PM   #10
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goji_tron View Post
2) Bulk was on terraventure but he somehow made it back to Earth, seen on Power Rangers Wild Force episode Forever Red.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cannabisprime View Post
It actually made sense in the Japanese original because it was explained from the beginning. If you thought that was weird, you should see the morphing sequence for the 6th Ranger (assuming they keep true to the original Shinkenger morpher).
Thanks guys! Off to YouTube now to check them out.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote