Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-24-2013, 09:47 PM   #1
protoform_ironhide
Commander
Does 3rd Party MP bothers you?

Recently, I am quite happy with all those MP coming out from Has/Tak! Seriously, who 'd have expect Masterpiece line has replace the Classic/Generations that was treated as the main collection of most collector? (and the line is starting to get boring)If a line got me to spend this much money in a couple months, this has to be a good line! I am just very excited about the Takara Masterpiece! However I have been reading lots of reviews and comments on the interent about some of the 3rd Party Masterpiece like Robot that claims to be tf Masterpiece... And it really bothers me.. especially when they make it quite spot on compare to the characters in the cartoon. I have never buy any of these figures, not because of their price..but I am trying to support the real legit Transformers here. I am worried that Takara is not going to make Shockwave, Ironhide, Ratchet, Jetfire, and Constructicons, etc after all these 3rd party company made these characters into Masterpiece size already... Does anyone here feel the same? Or are you guys happy with 3rd party Robot that isn't really real Transformers?
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:56 PM   #2
xueyue2
Canadian Slag
Re: Does 3rd Party MP bothers you?

the truth is if those 3rd party don't make these MP level figures, probably Hasbro won't release them any time soon either.
Don't u notice hasbro/takara makes figure that can easily re-paint/re-module to make the maximum profit? That's why we have so many seekers, car-bots

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:04 PM   #3
protoform_ironhide
Commander

But do you guys think it will effect Hasbro on their attempt on releasing the real MPs?? Like the Quakewave that everyone talks about, lots of collectors are saying that he is quite spot on, how awesome he is, has diecast, etc.... And then I also watched a couple of reviews on youtube about those Igear not Ironhide and Ratchet or whatever they called it... The review made them sound so good.... And if Hasbro/Takara cannot come up with something better than them.... who would buy their real MPs? Would you guys buy the Has/Tak MPs if they are not as good as the 3rd Party? Probably not.... It doesn't seem that easy for Has/Tak to beat those design and while selling them at a reasonable price..
Old 10-24-2013, 10:04 PM   #4
Nullray
IGC

Bother me? Not in anyway whatsoever. I look forward to see what new creative fan based accessories that elevate an existing character or if they create a full stand alone. If it takes an average of 2 years to make a new bot from Has/Tak. Think what it must take for the third party releases to come out. To me it is the ultimate fandom expression in innovation. It is where fans are willing to take the time and effort to come together as a group effort or flying solo to make superb items. To my knowledge it is the only type of franchise line that the fans have elevated from simple KOs to full fledged Masterpieces as you would put it. Fans love this stuff and I am one of them.
Nullray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:06 PM   #5
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

I used to think Takara would never re-release devastator because he was the most knocked-off combiner of all time.

I was wrong.

I don't think that what third party companies do has any bearing on what hasbro does.

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:08 PM   #6
UltraMarknus
Springer Fanboy
UltraMarknus's Ebay Auctions

I don't think what 3rd party companies create, masterpiece wise, would effect what Takara releases. If they want to do it; they will. They know it will sell regardless. If Takara said they were making shockwave, my 3rd party version would hit the BST thread immediately. I would support Takara and prefer having official figures.

My Feedback Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=ultramarknus
UltraMarknus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:10 PM   #7
UltraMarknus
Springer Fanboy
UltraMarknus's Ebay Auctions

...as well, I think 3rd party companies can really capitalize on releasing accessories for official figures as they are doing for metroplex.

My Feedback Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=ultramarknus
UltraMarknus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:13 PM   #8
protoform_ironhide
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraMarknus View Post
I don't think what 3rd party companies create, masterpiece wise, would effect what Takara releases. If they want to do it; they will. They know it will sell regardless. If Takara said they were making shockwave, my 3rd party version would hit the BST thread immediately. I would support Takara and prefer having official figures.
I thought the release of Generations Voyager Springer is an attempt to fight back the Fansproject non-official Springer? You sure 3rd Party doesn't effect Takara releases? I think Takara/Hasbro is trying to fight back right now, we got lots of good Transformers this year. They probably realized the 3rd Party stuff is taking away lots of their sales... Generation Voyager Springer is just one example. So even if the MP Shockwave is not as good as Quakewave, you guys will still buy the worse legit Shockwave and get rid of Quakewave seriously?? I see Hasbro/Takara has lots of competition right now... just hope they don't give up and released all the characters into MPs from the cartoon...

Last edited by protoform_ironhide; 10-24-2013 at 10:15 PM.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:14 PM   #9
chovner
Titanium
chovner's Ebay Auctions

I like robots that transform into other things... Whether Maketoys, Fansproject, Hasbro or Takara gives them to me I don't care... Maketoys Giant is one of my top 3 figures ever... And he's basically a custom Devastator a TF fan (like me), was kind and skilled enough to make for us all... I'll support whoever makes the nicest stuff.
chovner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:18 PM   #10
chovner
Titanium
chovner's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by protoform_ironhide View Post
I thought the release of Generations Voyager Springer is an attempt to fight back the Fansproject non-official Springer? You sure 3rd Party doesn't effect Takara releases? I think Takara/Hasbro is trying to fight back right now, we got lots of good Transformers this year. They probably realized the 3rd Party stuff is taking away lots of their sales... Generation Voyager Springer is just one example. So even if the MP Shockwave is not as good as Quakewave, you guys will still buy the worse legit Shockwave and get rid of Quakewave seriously??
Nope... I'll keep the better version.
What if the guys in charge of making Quakewave got hired by Takara, then made the grey Quakewave repaint (Shackwave) under the name of Takara... but the same figure as Quakewave, would that make it more legit?
Or if Hasbro buys out Fansproject and is able to slap the Hasbro Transformers TM to all the Fansproject bots? Making them OFFICIAL Transformers... does that make them all suddenly better because Mr.Hastak has put his teabag of approval on it?

I own all the Hasbro MPs because they're awesome, and I own lots of the Takara MPs because they're also awesome... but now I own a bunch of 3rd party stuff because it's all awesome as well... MORE AWESOME STUFF FOR ME PLEASE EVERYONE!!!

chovner is offline   Reply With Quote