Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-05-2008, 03:33 AM   #11
pud333
Animated
Re: RedOktobre's Re-Paint Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannabisprime View Post
Are the Alt/BT moulds considered repaints or remoulds since the only thing that usually changes is the colour and the head?
I actually thought the same thing! I mean, there's variation in transformation, etc, but I felt they all looked too much alike for my liking.

pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 06:48 AM   #12
Protoman
The Legend

Hasbro said last year at Botcon that they HAVE to do repaints so they make their money back "engineering" the mold. So if we see a lot of repaints of the same mold it's cause the mold didn't make good money selling in it's original run........ I dunno I can SOMEWHAT believe that, but the other part of me is saying "HASBRO WANTS TO BLEED ME DRY!"
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 01:39 PM   #13
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Sure that ain't Hasbro HAS BLED me dry?

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 02:04 PM   #14
-KG-
Kranix

Overall I don't have a problem with repaints, though I don't buy them most of the time. The only problem I have is using repaints for important characters that deserve there own molds. Why does Ultra Magus always have to be a white Prime? Because in G1 they shared the same cab mold? I think he's such an important character he deserves his own mold. I would much rather they repaint their Primes like they did with the movie then changing him into Ultra Magnus. In all fairness I know we'll be getting a new Magnus mold soon.

-KG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 02:08 PM   #15
pud333
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KG- View Post
I think he's such an important character he deserves his own mold. I would much rather they repaint their Primes like they did with the movie then changing him into Ultra Magnus. In all fairness I know we'll be getting a new Magnus mold soon.
I'm with you there. I'd love a genuine original Ultra Magnus mold. Still, I love that all white color scheme, and I find it looks better than the original prime most of the time.

Last edited by pud333; 03-05-2008 at 02:40 PM.
Old 03-05-2008, 07:55 PM   #16
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
Hasbro said last year at Botcon that they HAVE to do repaints so they make their money back "engineering" the mold. So if we see a lot of repaints of the same mold it's cause the mold didn't make good money selling in it's original run........ I dunno I can SOMEWHAT believe that, but the other part of me is saying "HASBRO WANTS TO BLEED ME DRY!"
Yeah, we know that, but Hasbro tends to make a bad call and release a re-colour that's just as bad or worser, which is just making them bleeding out even more money (and thus a bigger loss) than their unsuccessful original mold.

I started to see the trend in the Cybertron line with that many more items sold that the number of characters that you actually saw on the TV show. Maybe even earlier, nothing earlier comes to mind.

Transformers, fandom, and fan loyalty, the only colour that Hasbro cares about is GREEN. $$$
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 08:24 PM   #17
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

a mold for a single piece can cost anywhere from 4,000 up just for say an arm half, not to mention the engineers 100,000 a year and up salary, so i'm not surprised at repaints, but i'm picky with them (only seekers, movie ratchet (only one i could find was the red and white one) and cl cliffjumper so far) i don't see the need to have 10 different colours of the same mold.

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:18 PM   #18
-KG-
Kranix

I think they had the right idea with G1. Take a mold that all kids like. Feature them on the show, slightly remold a couple, tada You have 6 fighter jets. I think if you include them in the current show and use winning molds that kids/collectors like it wouldn't be a problem.

-KG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 11:45 PM   #19
RedOktobre
Alternator

I have noticed that the Walmart Big Daddy exclusive seems to be very popular. I absolutely do not understand why this is so. This is just a repaint of Cybertron Downshift. Many fellow TF members in BC are upset that a scalper may have bought up all 20 Big Daddy's at a particular Walmart store.

Am I missing something here? Is there something that everyone knows, except me? I would like to be "enlightened".

View my collection on Youtube at the raginroninreview channel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxoEydL-p6s

Sales Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...800#post360800

Feedback: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=2648

Disclaimer:
All statements or views expressed by the board member, "RedOktobre", are purely personal opinions which may or may not be substantiated by relevant facts. Any perceived insult resulting from opinions asserted by the said board member is absolutely unintentional.
RedOktobre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 12:12 AM   #20
pud333
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOktobre View Post
I have noticed that the Walmart Big Daddy exclusive seems to be very popular. I absolutely do not understand why this is so. This is just a repaint of Cybertron Downshift. Many fellow TF members in BC are upset that a scalper may have bought up all 20 Big Daddy's at a particular Walmart store.

Am I missing something here? Is there something that everyone knows, except me? I would like to be "enlightened".
Maybe it's just the name. Personally I think he looks crappy.