Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 02-23-2008, 11:33 PM   #31
Pascal
Banned
Re: Are we all Transformer or robot addicts?

I am an addict. So what?
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 11:45 PM   #32
cannabisprime
トーランスフォムー!

..the first step is always admission..
cannabisprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 12:07 AM   #33
Pascal
Banned

My collection is worth the price of admission, yeah.

Old 02-24-2008, 12:18 AM   #34
Incepticon
Double Agent

I *became* a Transformers addict, but it was more or less by default since they were originally a hybrid of my other interests. I always liked robots, military machines (especially military aircraft), vehicles such as sports cars, etc., so when this new toy came out that took the idea of making military & street vehicles transform into good & bad warrior robots with big guns, that pretty much sealed my fate.

I remember pre-TF, I had collections of toy 'dinky' cars, Star Wars, He-Man, so on & so forth, but they were all pretty much instantly forgotten the minute the G1 show appeared on TV and when I started bringing home figures like Thundercracker, Hound, Wheeljack, the Dinobots, Soundwave and whoever else kickstarted this lifelong addiction. And it wasn't just because they were a hybrid of everything I was interested in - it was also because they were like mini 3D puzzles... toys that you actually had to think about and figure out, unlike diecast toy cars or typical human action figures.

It's actually a little scary how many times I have pulled TF influence into my everyday & professional life, whether it's the logos I've created for my (and other) businesses, the design style I use for my home & work, the colors I generally use, etc. Nothing overly obvious as being TF related to the general public, but sure hell instantly noticable to any long standing TF fan if I ever pointed it out.
Incepticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 12:22 AM   #35
Spacemonkey
Energon

My name is Spacemonkey and I'm a toy addict. (Wow it makes me fell better to share it with you guys and girls). I'm in a kind of controled addiction. As most of you, i have bills to pay, a life to live, etc... so i have choices to do. I mostly collect TFs , but I also Have some 25th ann. G.I.JOE and some of my old lego sets. If I was millionaire, i would probably have a room full of TFs, Lego (I'm very fascinated by the big Technic models, some of the series like lego SW, city, etc and One I can't realy afford: the new Millenium Falcon collectors editions wich has over 5000 pieces and cost over 600$), G.I.JOE, race tracks and more.
Old 02-24-2008, 03:02 AM   #36
alicethegoon

Every person on the planet is an addict in one way or another. It is human nature to obsess about things, this is life. Whether it be Transformers, food, God, myself, hats, Hockey, Family, Doughnuts, Neighbor's wife, shoes, etc. It is all subjective, a matter of what one deems as important. This is as individual as finger prints. It only becomes bad when someone becomes consumed by the obession and forgets about evrything else.
alicethegoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 12:49 AM   #37
Pascal
Banned

"Birth of a monster"

Old 02-25-2008, 01:51 AM   #38
Nyghtwynd
Robot in Disguise

Oh Akihabara, my first stop in Japan...whenever i end up going there finally.

I slowed down on TFs around September to work more, but recently have dropped a lot on Warhammer and anime figures. But now i have a full Bretonnia army and a whole line of Haruhi figures and some more Gundams, it's time to start going back to TFs...

I am so hooked...

Also my PS2 games i think are now set in stone.. besides some 2-3 titles i still need to get XD
Nyghtwynd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 02:43 AM   #39
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
"Birth of a monster"

Good lord, that was your first one...no wonder your addicted
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 03:23 AM   #40
RedOktobre
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicethegoon View Post
Every person on the planet is an addict in one way or another. It is human nature to obsess about things, this is life. Whether it be Transformers, food, God, myself, hats, Hockey, Family, Doughnuts, Neighbor's wife, shoes, etc. It is all subjective, a matter of what one deems as important. This is as individual as finger prints. It only becomes bad when someone becomes consumed by the obession and forgets about evrything else.
Well said ... totally agree with you!

View my collection on Youtube at the raginroninreview channel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxoEydL-p6s

Sales Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...800#post360800

Feedback: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=2648

Disclaimer:
All statements or views expressed by the board member, "RedOktobre", are purely personal opinions which may or may not be substantiated by relevant facts. Any perceived insult resulting from opinions asserted by the said board member is absolutely unintentional.
RedOktobre is offline   Reply With Quote