Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-19-2009, 04:31 PM   #1
racerguy76
Nexus Maximus
It doesn't make sense....

Why do cybertronian vehicle modes have cockpits/cabs for humans to fit into?

Cybertronian Bumblebee has a large window across the front of him. Is that a "sensor"?
Old 12-19-2009, 04:50 PM   #2
Autobot Hound
Tracking Cons since 87'
Re: It doesn't make sense....

You talking about G1 cybertonian bb?? Well not matter which version ur right, it doesn't make sense. Im sure they need the space for storage but why a seat and controls?

Maybe for the minicons?
Autobot Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 04:55 PM   #3
Ozrein
Stunticon

If you go with the Quintesson angle on TF history, then the TFs would be products to be sold to other alien races, assuming these races to be somewhere in the vicinity of Human size and proportions, it would explain why there are seats, cockpits and controls.
Old 12-19-2009, 05:04 PM   #4
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Of all things in Transformers that never made sense this is the one that popped out the most?

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 05:05 PM   #5
racerguy76
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozrein View Post
If you go with the Quintesson angle on TF history, then the TFs would be products to be sold to other alien races, assuming these races to be somewhere in the vicinity of Human size and proportions, it would explain why there are seats, cockpits and controls.
This I did not know. That makes sense. I know there is a lot that doesn't make sense. Why do thyey need heads? Arms, hands, feet all have a purpose. A main processor should go some place with better armor. Is it even in thier head? I'm kinda a noob if you haven't figured it out by now.

Minicons, maybe. They usually fit onto or add features to alt modes. Man weapons, become weapons.

Last edited by racerguy76; 12-19-2009 at 05:12 PM.
racerguy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 08:46 PM   #6
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Nexus Maximus

Maybe they picked up those altmodes on a trip to Nebulos and just never bothered to change them after returning to Cybertron.
Old 12-19-2009, 09:08 PM   #7
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

This question will be answered once somebody explains how the G1 constructicons were built on earth in the present but were on cybertron in the past and with earth alt modes. Trying to make sense of cockpits, well how about the Junkion approach they drive each other. Who says there aren't human sized transformers running around cybertron.

Trying to figure this out is like trying to pull your tongue out of your butt. It'll be painful and it won't work..hahah
Old 12-19-2009, 09:30 PM   #8
Slythe
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozrein View Post
I had a similar thought.

Since the Quintessons come in all different sizes and shapes in the cartoons (and assuming they are one race and not many), I figure they are able to change their shape from an original form, like an ant larva into a different life stage or body type.

Also, since some people (tfwiki) say that the Autobots first discovered the art of transformation, the domestic line slaves were not originally becoming vehicles for giant Quintessons and they were doing something else. The Decepticons learned how to transform, later.

This leads me to another assumption that the Autobots were copying vehicles or robotic forms (drones?) that already existed. After all, why bother inventing a new form if you are trying to hide? There may or may not be room for a human to sit in a pre-Earth alt-form. If there is no room, then I wonder what the non-sentient machines do. If there is room, why would there be domestic vehicles that have room for small creatures? Unless maybe they are meant for human-like buyers, like Ozrein said.

Why do most of the Autobots and Decepticons have human-ish features like a head with a face, a bi-pedal form, two legs and two arms? Why is their robot mode usually not more arthropod-like or squid-like or alien?

While wearing my favourite tinfoil hat and a snazzy straight-jacket, I tell ya that the Quintessons are actually super-technologically advanced humans that went back through time and mutated/roboticized themselves and built robot slaves that look like humans that revolted and kicked them off their own planet. (It's true! Our machines will turn against us, again! Just you waaait!)

Or, maybe vehicles and human-like features appeal more to people and their wallets, or something.
Slythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 09:36 PM   #9
Decepticon Army
King of the Obscure

A wizard did it.
Old 12-19-2009, 09:46 PM   #10
pandaprime
aficionado!

this is the first thing that came to mind when I read the thread title:

from "Midway" script