Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-25-2020, 10:55 AM   #1
Tdoch
Generation 1
TF Safari...still not shipping to Canada?

Hello all,

I know prior to April 30, TF Safari was not shipping to Canada and some other countries, but it now being long after, that just wondering if anyone has tried. As far as I can see, the website won't allow you to choose any other shipping option or complete your purchase.

I tried emailing them a few days ago, but no response as of yet.

Any experience you've had would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
-Greg
Tdoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 11:38 AM   #2
evenstaves
you renegade maverick
Re: TF Safari...still not shipping to Canada?

I bought from them on May 4
The only option up front during the purchase was the "free" shipping

There were disclaimers about COVID making it so shipping might take forever, and indicated an option was present where one could email them and ask about "fast shipping route"

So across the next two days, emailed them about getting "fast shipping route" - they basically email you a link that takes you to buy another item "extra shipping cost" in increments of $1 (they requested I purchase three of them)
So I did

It hasn't arrived yet, but it's my 1st purchase ever from them, and it wasn't expensive, so I'll wait it out and see
evenstaves is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 11:58 AM   #3
Tdoch
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
I bought from them on May 4
The only option up front during the purchase was the "free" shipping

There were disclaimers about COVID making it so shipping might take forever, and indicated an option was present where one could email them and ask about "fast shipping route"

So across the next two days, emailed them about getting "fast shipping route" - they basically email you a link that takes you to buy another item "extra shipping cost" in increments of $1 (they requested I purchase three of them)
So I did

It hasn't arrived yet, but it's my 1st purchase ever from them, and it wasn't expensive, so I'll wait it out and see
Great! Thanks so much!

I've ordered from them in the past and they have always been good.
Old 05-25-2020, 02:25 PM   #4
imfallenangel
Cybertron

I did my second purchase (first one was fine aside taking a good 2 weeks), a few weeks ago.

I tried the "extra $" shipping option but it was not working, so I contacted them.

They immediately replied and stated that there's been complication so they removed the option as it wouldn't be useful nor get through at the time.

My items are still pending but that was expected as they were pre-orders that should be arriving any day now, so I'll see what they will do...

But as stated, my previous purchase was fine.. worthy of note, there was a missing part (one gap filler piece, can't remember if left or right leg), and they inquired twice to ensure they would send me the correct one, I ended up received two pieces (they send both left and right just to be sure).

So service wise, I consider them to be excellent.

And I look forward to getting my parts!
Old 05-26-2020, 11:42 AM   #5
VicRav
Machine War

What are you guys ordering? Just curious what kind of kits people are getting and more importantly post some pics/reviews when you get them.

I have ordered couple things from TF Safari in the past and things were typically quick and well packed. I have not placed an order since this pandemic started to really make impacts.

I recently placed an order for some Dr. WU kits with unclebillyshop. They got shipped out really quick the day after I ordered. Tracking looks like it moved pretty quick from China to Canada.
VicRav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 01:21 PM   #6
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicRav View Post
What are you guys ordering?
For me just picking up Siege Rumble/Ratbat
Currently on a slight discount, and shipping is cheap

Should have bought it that one time I saw it in a TRU, but wasn't sure I was going in on Siege cassettes at the time
evenstaves is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 10:30 PM   #7
Tdoch
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicRav View Post
What are you guys ordering? Just curious what kind of kits people are getting and more importantly post some pics/reviews when you get them.
Mostly upgrade kits for Siege and a couple for Titans Returns (hands for Sixshot, Sky Shadow etc).

Will definitely post pics when they arrive.
Old 05-26-2020, 11:03 PM   #8
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus

Some EBay sellers from China told me that Canada Post is not taking parcels from China or Asia or both because they are overwhelmed at the moment, also they dont track items once they get into Canada so many sellers are just not shipping to Canada right now until things clear up...although they told me they didnt think the pause would be significantly long. Take that info for what its worth...seems to make sense as many a seller has blocked shipping to Canada. Thanks Canada Post....
MilanX3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 11:07 PM   #9
Tdoch
Generation 1

They are still getting through (I got 3 today alone), but generally speaking I think CP is struggling with parcels due to the huge spike in online commerce.

I actually heard fro Tfsafari today. All good... ordered!
Old 05-27-2020, 10:03 AM   #10
VicRav
Machine War

I had an ebay order arrive yesterday from seller based in China. Ordered April 27th, Shipped April 28th. Tracking shows it arriving in Canada May 5th and the next update is clearing customs May 19th. Than delivered a week later.

It definitely looks like most delays are occurring in Canada. I would chalk and fast deliveries up to luck.
VicRav is offline   Reply With Quote