Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-11-2018, 04:43 PM   #1
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.
Need some advice.

Recently I got a MISB Korean BWN Longrack vs Guildart set off ebay, but I found that it didn't have the little plastic envelope that has the instructions and catalog in the box. So I contacted the seller to let them know.

Their first response was clearly a misunderstanding, they said that there wouldn't be any English instructions in it since it's Korean (as is the seller). I replied that I understood that, but that not what I meant; it's missing the instructions all together. They said they'd check to see if it was supposed to have instructions and get back to me ( I know it does cuz in the meantime my Break vs Dead End set arrived and it has them).

They got back to me yesterday; yes there are supposed to be instructions, here are some pictures of them.

I get the feeling they think that was all I needed. this was my reply to them today: "Yes, those look like the right instructions.
So what are we going to do about this? I paid a lot of money for an item that was listed as 100% brand new, which to me means that it should be complete with everything it's supposed to come with, and that includes all the paperwork, the stuff like the instructions and the fold out catalogs.
Like I said, those pictures look like the right instructions, but pictures don't really fix my problem. I probably could've found pictures of the instructions if I cared to look for them. I paid for a new, complete item, and I didn't get it.
I don't want to return the items, I don't want a refund, I want everything that I paid for that was supposed to come with the figure set. And that includes everything that comes in that little plastic envelope; the two sets of instructions and the toy catalog."

They have 5 more of these same sets for sale. I don't think it would be too hard to send me what I need and then just sell one set as "missing instructions", maybe knock a couple bucks off of the price. It's not like these things are flying off the shelves. I've had a BWN search saved on my eBay page for years and these have always been there.

Do you think I'm out of line wanting them to make good on this?
Old 06-11-2018, 05:23 PM   #2
optimusb39
Animated
Re: Need some advice.

Was it misb? If so it may not have been malicious on their end. It may just have been a badly packaged item oriinally. Obviously they couldn't open it to check contents and still sell as misb. The fact that they sent scans of the instructions is helpful of them to try to correct. Ultimately they should say hey sorry heres a little money back but beyond that there's not much they can do. You may be able to talk them into an exchange but you should have them open the other one to verify contents.
optimusb39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 11:43 PM   #3
Shockwave 75

I just heard back from the seller, they will be sending me the missing instructions.
I thanked them, and told them I'll let them know when they arrive.
Old 06-11-2018, 11:48 PM   #4
alternatorfan
g1 baby

Quit complaining its instructions google it???
alternatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 12:37 AM   #5
zuffyprime
Fortress Maximus

alternator fan, you completely missed the point here.
zuffyprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 02:02 AM   #6
WereDragon EX
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuffyprime View Post
alternator fan, you completely missed the point here.

Agreed. Even if the item is not MISB, by advertising it as 100% complete, it is not unreasonable for the buyer to have an understanding that everything you get when you purchase the item brand new would be included.
WereDragon EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 02:33 AM   #7
predahank
Storing is hoarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternatorfan View Post
Quit complaining its instructions google it???
That's pretty shitty advice
What's wrong with you
predahank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 07:35 AM   #8
Shockwave 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereDragon EX View Post
Agreed. Even if the item is not MISB, by advertising it as 100% complete, it is not unreasonable for the buyer to have an understanding that everything you get when you purchase the item brand new would be included.
This ↑↑↑↑

I don't really need the instructions. I used to have the BM version of Guiledart so I knew how to transform him, and prior to making the purchase I watched a bunch of video reviews about Longrack, so I remembered how to transform him from those.
It's like WereDragon there said, it was MISB, and as such it should come with the instructions. After all, the MISB Korean Break vs Dead End set I bought shortly afterwards had them. Obviously the seller can't be held responsible for a 20 year old packaging error, but if the seller had only had the one set that I bought, I would still like some sort of compensation. It was sold as 100%, and it wasn't.
They had 5 more of the same sets for sale, so they could easily give me the instructions from one, then sell it as "missing instructions".
And I'd bet good money that they are opening all the others to check for this sort of thing now too.
Old 06-12-2018, 08:03 AM   #9
TRUCKvsGUN

I personally don't think that the seller should be held liable for a MISB box missing some contents. One assumes that MISB means 100% complete, but that can't be confirmed by anyone including the seller without actually opening it, so it is a fair assumption for the seller to make and advertise. If we were talking about a car dealer with connections to the auto-maker who can easily order parts, that's one thing, but twenty year old sealed toys being sold by a random collector or store are another.

While I disagree with Alternatorfan's tone, he is right. Instructions can be found on the internet. You yourself lowered the condition of the toy by unsealing the box more than the manufacturer did by leaving the instructions out.

Contact me if you have for sale:
Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe Book
Botcon 2006 Dawn of Futures Past Boxed Set
MP-01 Matrix
POTP Onyx Prime
TRUCKvsGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 09:39 AM   #10
alternatorfan
g1 baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by predahank View Post
That's pretty shitty advice
What's wrong with you
Nothing although my tone was there some agree with me.
Just saying.
alternatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote