Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 08-23-2013, 09:24 PM   #41
The 12th Prime
Lost count, long time ago
The 12th Prime's Ebay Auctions
Re: Generations Metroplex Picture Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Filipino View Post
I think the wife may have an issue with 3 child size robots taking up more space. Then again I can say there's 1 for each of my kids.
It'll be good practice for having real kids, I'll set the electronics to go off randomly at all hours of the day, lol. It'll be fun to put a Metroplex in a stroller and wheel it around (maybe at a TFCon) cover it up with a baby blanket and when a nice old couple asks to see the baby when I'm walking down a street bam, show'em Metroplex and take a priceless mental picture at the same time maybe even a real one. I better send this one into Just for Laughs, lmao.
The 12th Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:46 PM   #42
laffy
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 12th Prime View Post
It'll be good practice for having real kids, I'll set the electronics to go off randomly at all hours of the day, lol. It'll be fun to put a Metroplex in a stroller and wheel it around (maybe at a TFCon) cover it up with a baby blanket and when a nice old couple asks to see the baby when I'm walking down a street bam, show'em Metroplex and take a priceless mental picture at the same time maybe even a real one. I better send this one into Just for Laughs, lmao.
lmao what about the ultamite bumble bee.... he goes off at all random times....
laffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:57 PM   #43
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 12th Prime View Post
good idea, but what kind of "nice old couple" will go to TFcon? Nerd married Geek?

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:03 PM   #44
laffy
Crossover

noooo even better put metroplex in a baby carryer and carry him around in front of you at .con show
laffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:53 AM   #45
Quanza
Generation 1

Well the Metroplex I ordered from Hasbro Toy Shop has the voice clips, so if it's really important to have them, $120 plus shipping and tax isn't awful. And they ship ridiculously fast as well. And before anyone says "there shipping is expensive", I say just order a bunch of stuff at the same time, or go in for a group buy. I did the math for an order for Iacon North, and each additional 'plex only added $8 shipping.

Edit: I just finished checking out that review, I think the head issue could be on a case by case basis, mine is fine. And Cheriks may have understated how damn fiddly he is in city mode. Very loosey goosey if you try to move him in city mode.

Last edited by Quanza; 08-26-2013 at 09:59 AM.
Quanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:42 AM   #46
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

I am not a fan of the white face at all. It doesn't look right to me. They could have at least made it grey to separate it fro the rest of the white colour of the body but it blends in way too much. That being said, if you can grab this figure do it. He is awesome. I have the SDCC version and he is my score of the year. Don't wait to get this guy on clearance. Support the titan class so Hasbro will make more. I used my reissue fort max fund for this guy and I do not regret it in the slightest. I hope they make a trypticon to rival this bad boy.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:54 AM   #47
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix_Holder View Post
I am not a fan of the white face at all. It doesn't look right to me. They could have at least made it grey to separate it fro the rest of the white colour of the body but it blends in way too much. That being said, if you can grab this figure do it. He is awesome. I have the SDCC version and he is my score of the year. Don't wait to get this guy on clearance. Support the titan class so Hasbro will make more. I used my reissue fort max fund for this guy and I do not regret it in the slightest. I hope they make a trypticon to rival this bad boy.
I'm thinking to repaint his white face after I get mine. I saw some posts painting Metroplex face sliver looks awesome.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:18 PM   #48
Pgianos
Banned

That totals 186 dollars! The canadian version I paid 109 for. I want the voice clips but not for 80 dollars. Ill just play it off of you tube. khkhk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quanza View Post
Well the Metroplex I ordered from Hasbro Toy Shop has the voice clips, so if it's really important to have them, $120 plus shipping and tax isn't awful. And they ship ridiculously fast as well. And before anyone says "there shipping is expensive", I say just order a bunch of stuff at the same time, or go in for a group buy. I did the math for an order for Iacon North, and each additional 'plex only added $8 shipping.

Edit: I just finished checking out that review, I think the head issue could be on a case by case basis, mine is fine. And Cheriks may have understated how damn fiddly he is in city mode. Very loosey goosey if you try to move him in city mode.
Pgianos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:32 PM   #49
rego00123
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix_Holder View Post
I am not a fan of the white face at all. It doesn't look right to me. They could have at least made it grey to separate it fro the rest of the white colour of the body but it blends in way too much.
funny thing is the back of the box shows it being silver. i would imagine at some point to was planned to be then they just dropped it

its an easy repaint regardless. the face pops right off
rego00123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:04 PM   #50
joshimus
Metroplex

I plan on getting the US version hopefully from my mom's good friend. I want the voice chip, at least they could have left "Metroplex heeds the call of the last Prime" but noooo. Hell, that is all I wanted for sounds. So I will see about getting it from US and I can repaint that one and use this one (paid 118 with tax) as a secondary potential resale version.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
generations, metroplex