Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-05-2010, 05:51 PM   #1
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind
Local Calgary man to wed most recent basic size-class Movie figures.

Yes, that is how much I love them...

Seriously though...
Breakdown= Awesome transformation, great homage only thing missing is a weapon.

Scattorshot= Great looking Alt mode, with nice nods to Cybertron. Minor issue is the guns. They just don't line up very well in robot mode.

Skystalker= Oh Baby what a cool little toy with a great transformation. I love how the weapons hook up to the wings. Only downside is the spring loaded feet. WTF are they for???

Include the new Deluxes like Dirge, Lockdown and Brawl as well as Voyager Bludgeon...could this be the best Movie stuff yet?
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 05:54 PM   #2
Malwave
Resident Gryphon
Malwave's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Malwave Send a message via Skype™ to Malwave
Re: Local Calgary man to wed most recent basic size-class Movie figures.

...yes? xD

x33 yeah those molds are awesome. I especially love the look of Dirge X3

Last edited by Malwave; 03-05-2010 at 05:57 PM.
Malwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 06:03 PM   #3
chans formers
raff ow roud

i agree on your views of the newest scouts!!(especially breakdown)
top notch in almost every way!!!
Old 03-05-2010, 06:06 PM   #4
Uberman
Energon

Everyone's having a love affair with Dirge, and I'm sort of... chill on him. I dig him, don't get me wrong. But... yeah. I dunno. He's so thin. He needs a sandwich.

Breakdown, however, I'm crazy in love with. [But I concur: when was it decided that these robots are never allowed to have guns anymore? Or have hands that can carry guns?]

And I was looking in Popular Mechanics [or Popular Science? Either way, it was nerdy] and there was a drone spyplane that looked exactly like Skystalker, so I read the article. That's cross-promotion in action, folks.
Old 03-05-2010, 06:10 PM   #5
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Haven't picked up Breakdown or Scattorshot yet (will eventually, I just can't justify ~$13 for a scout toy after tax) but I will agree, Skystalker is awesome. I cracked when I saw him as I thought he was cool....much to my surprise I liked him more then I thought I would. He's a demonic little gargoyle hell spawn creature, capable of holding his hooks or clipping them onto his arms to give him hooks.

He's got a definite jeepers creepers feel to him. I can just imagine hundreds of these crazy bitches, each one a silent killer because they could just glide along in the darkness, hooking into they prey and ripping them into pieces.

Well worth it if you can grab him

As a cool additional info on him, he seems to be models after the experimental TR-3A "Black Manta", a plane which is believed to work in tandem with the F-117 Nighthawk (AKA Mindwipe, cool connections huh?)

The TR3A Black Manta or Baby B-2 is widely thought to be the successor to the Stealth Fighter. Sightings around Area 51 are starting to be made of a smooth, rounded flying wing that is much smaller than a Stealth Bomber. Faster and more stealthy than the F-117, some believe it has already seen combat. It supposedly works in tandem with the Stealth Fighter, relaying target information.

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 06:20 PM   #6
Uberman
Energon

See, I thought it was more like the RQ-170 Sentinel. Your pictures look a smidge closer though, I'll give you that. Although aren't they Area-51 suppositions? In any case, I want a sale so I can get more... He demands to be had in multiples. And he's got so many names: Skystalker, Vorath, Sweep 1 through infinity, Bob.
Old 03-05-2010, 06:29 PM   #7
OneShallFall
FoxtrotUnicornCharlieKilo

I like Breakdowns Altmode,but from what I have seen his robot mode leaves much to be desired.

<---- 2 cents
Old 03-05-2010, 06:42 PM   #8
racerguy76
Nexus Maximus

Waiting for a sale on scouts to pick them all up, Dirge, he's ok, fits right in with the movie planes.
Old 03-05-2010, 06:51 PM   #9
Mumps
Canadian Slag

The scouts are awesome! Brakedown is my favorite of the 3.

Dirge is... alright. I hate his feet! His arms are wonky too... But he does get points for his spinning nipples of doom.
Mumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 06:57 PM   #10
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberman View Post
Everyone's having a love affair with Dirge, and I'm sort of... chill on him. I dig him, don't get me wrong. But... yeah. I dunno. He's so thin. He needs a sandwich.
Dirge is a figure with a lot to like but with a million little niggling flaws that can get pretty annoying. The articulation on both arms is pretty limited; the cockpit on the right arm prevents it from moving up, and the left arm is prevented from moving down all the way for no reason that I can fathom. The wings also get in the way of the knee articulation, which is too bad because with double joints those knees should be a highlight of the figure instead of one of its biggest flaws. As it is the double-jointed knees just make it so that it's tough to get his legs to be the same legnth so that he can stand up straight. The face is also ugly, but that's simply due to the movie aesthetic.
Quote:
Breakdown, however, I'm crazy in love with. [But I concur: when was it decided that these robots are never allowed to have guns anymore? Or have hands that can carry guns?]
They probably didn't want to put any small, detachable, easily losable parts on the Scout figures. Fortunately they've compensated with built-in weaponry on most of them, but some are still left unarmed.