Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 04-14-2014, 10:34 PM   #1
ANDROID PRIME
Robot in Disguise
Walmart Hero Mashers Dispaly

Hey Does anyone here work or know someone who works at walmart?. I really want one of these to display with my Super Hero Mashers. I'm not sure exactly how to go about getting one.

Last edited by ANDROID PRIME; 04-14-2014 at 10:40 PM.
ANDROID PRIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 10:41 PM   #2
CBII
Animated
Re: Walmart Hero Mashers Dispaly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDROID PRIME View Post
Hey Does anyone here work or know someone who works at walmart?. I really want one of these to display with my Super hero mashers. I'm not sure exactly how to go about getting one.

Talk to the manager for that department.

Some managers will just give them to you, or they'll sell them to you or they could be assholes and insist it gets tossed in the garage/recycle.

Never hurts to ask
CBII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 11:18 PM   #3
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Ask the toy department manager. Usually they will just give them up once the display is called to come down. They shouldn't be selling it at all once it's no longer needed as they could/should lose their job for it.
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 01:41 PM   #4
CBII
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post
Ask the toy department manager. Usually they will just give them up once the display is called to come down. They shouldn't be selling it at all once it's no longer needed as they could/should lose their job for it.

Not saying youre wrong, in fact that's most of the time true.

However it gets grey quickly.

The nice light up Lego displays. I asked how to get one once and was told I had to pay for it.

I've "heard" but haven't varified that some stores take the lego displays and either donate them or they do a store draw amonst the employees for it. Again that's what I heard. Maybe someone could fill that gap.

BUT yes the standard plastic/carboard display should just be free.
Old 04-15-2014, 01:57 PM   #5
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

The light displays are in a category all of their own. The individual rep's bring them in so the rep would then charge for it but for the walmart associate them self to try and collect the money for it is severe disciplinary action and or termination
Old 04-15-2014, 02:18 PM   #6
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Just got confirmation with the Lego displays. The vendor/rep makes the decision and tells the department manager what happens so they can give them away or raffle them for charity at the store managers discretion but they can't pocket the money if that helps. The may up thing currently up will again be up to the vendor. I asked my Dept mgrs to let me know what direction is given at that time. If they say throw it out then I will keep it for anyone who wants it.
Old 04-15-2014, 04:16 PM   #7
CBII
Animated

I'm just relaying the info I WAS GIVEN when I asked before.....Regardless of what should or shlouldn't happen to the employees, the point for the OP is to just go take to the manager if you want the display stuff.
Old 04-15-2014, 05:28 PM   #8
Trucknor
Generation 1

I have asked for cardboard displays before. Speak to the department manager. Usually, they just take your contact info and give you a call to come get it. Some cases, I wasn't the only person asking and there was a waiting list
Trucknor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 05:44 PM   #9
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBII View Post
I'm just relaying the info I WAS GIVEN when I asked before.....Regardless of what should or shlouldn't happen to the employees, the point for the OP is to just go take to the manager if you want the display stuff.
Sorry I meant no offense in any way, I was only relaying that which I know. Surprisingly this has actually sparked an educational debate at work and will lead into these items being donated or having funds raised for charity. My manager has now actually told me to take 2 Lego displays to raise funds for the children's miracle network. If for no other reason I would thank the person who started this thread if it can benefit kids
Old 04-15-2014, 06:08 PM   #10
CBII
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post
Sorry I meant no offense in any way, I was only relaying that which I know. Surprisingly this has actually sparked an educational debate at work and will lead into these items being donated or having funds raised for charity. My manager has now actually told me to take 2 Lego displays to raise funds for the children's miracle network. If for no other reason I would thank the person who started this thread if it can benefit kids

That's awesome! Even though I want the display's the sick kids love the lego and need it far more then me or my kids.

I'll donate a lego set in support.