Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-21-2019, 11:08 PM   #51
imfallenangel
Cybertron
Re: The Seige Ultra Mangus pic, seems like Voyage class

Quote:
Originally Posted by BludChylde View Post
You were dropped on your head as an infant, right? I hate throwing around straw man fallacy, but Google the term. I like scale, I hate dumb shits who throw the word around without a clue how scale works.

I'm all for scale, hell I even admit that he looks good in scale with deluxes already based on screen shots from the G1 cartoon. And I like Devastator. 6 big construction vehicles, all of them as big as "insert combiner's torso bot here" should make a massive combiner. He shouldn't be eye to eye with Superion. Predaking doesn't bother me because they are supposed to be superior killing machines compared to their real life animal counterparts. They should be big and beefy. I haven't bought PotP Prime, because OP in that class size is way too big. Same reason I didn't grab Rodimus either.

And with phrases like "everyone's interpretation of scale won't be the same. official comics/movies don't make it the same." and "all i'm saying is i'd prefer magnus to be taller." show you know shit about scale. You have a preference. A preference isn't a scale. That's fine. Comics/movies/cartoons use different scales, true, but if you have a preference towards one form of media, it's easy to figure out a rough scale to work from and if everything. Everyone has a scale preference they prefer, mine's G1 cartoon based.

Don't make me sound like I'm against scale when I openly appreciate Siege taking us in the direction of an actual scale. Especially when you can't wrap your head around what scale actually means. Scale isn't this toy is tiny and that one is huge. I also am aware that scaling won't be perfect, but it looks like they are trying to get it right this time. Hell as a Marvel Legend collector I fully understand how frustrating scale can be due to the fact that any panel you can find to verify a character's size, there are probably 2 panels that contradict it.
Aside being a bit harsh here (heck I ended up on "vacation" for a lot less and simply being honest to a member that has belittle many... but anyways.

"scale" is in accordance to real world.. for example if you put a jet next to a construction truck, the jet it still much larger...

While the truth is that the constructions are not very in scale to each other, but for the sake of using constructions vehicles that would be similar in size for the consideration of assembling it into a gestalt, let's estimate a 25 feet size for all vehicles. Taking in account how he transforms and how hte vehicles fold up on themselves:

Devastator would be approximately 65-70 feet tall, more if you'd use larger vehicles

The Aerialbots: Air Raid, for example is a f-15 at about 64 feet. 57 for Fireflight, etc...49 for Skydive, 46 for slightshot. Folded for gestalt configuration, take about 20 feet off.. so about 40 feet in average. Silverbolt at 202 feet, even folded up and losing maybe half, that's still a good 100 feet.

So we are looking at Superion being over 140 feet tall.

That said, Devastator at even half the size would be much more solid and dense, so could probably rip Superion in two.

Ten all of the other gestalt with one arm or leg being a plane and the other a motorcycle, simply doesn't work at all if we were to go with true life scale.

So yeah.... one has to judge and go with what they fell is the size or ratio for their figures and how they perceive them.

I've stated in another post (can't remember if this or other thread) that I would love a true line of perfectly scaled figures.. but the "regular" size (for the most common figures, which would be the cars) would have to be quite small so that all the planes, ships, etc. would be a manageable size and not end up being the size of a bathtub or a couch.

It's kinda part of why I really loved the micro line... using Gobot's Renegade ship "Thruster" is awesome and fits great (once you gut it and do separations and such).

Last edited by imfallenangel; 01-21-2019 at 11:10 PM.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 11:10 PM   #52
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfallenangel View Post
Aside being a bit harsh here (heck I ended up on "vacation" for a lot less and simply being honest to a member that has belittle many... but anyways.

"scale" is in accordance to real world.. for example if you put a jet next to a construction truck, the jet it still much larger...

While the truth is that the constructions are not very in scale to each other, but for the sake of using constructions vehicles that would be similar in size for the consideration of assembling it into a gestalt, let's estimate a 25 feet size for all vehicles. Taking in account how he transforms and how hte vehicles fold up on themselves:

Devastator would be approximately 65-70 feet tall, more if you'd use larger vehicles

The Aerialbots: Air Raid, for example is a f-15 at about 64 feet. 57 for Fireflight, etc...49 for Skydive, 46 for slightshot. Folded for gestalt configuration, take about 20 feet off.. so about 40 feet in average. Silverbolt at 202 feet, even folded up and losing maybe half, that's still a good 100 feet.

That said, Devastator at even half the size would be much more solid and dense, so could probably rip Superion in two.

Ten all of the other gestalt with one arm or leg being a plane and the other a motorcycle, simply doesn't work at all if we were to go with true life scale.

So yeah.... one has to judge and go with what they fell is the size or ratio for their figures and how they perceive them.

I've stated in another post (can't remember if this or other thread) that I would love a true line of perfectly scaled figures.. but the "regular" size (for the most common figures, which would be the cars) would have to be quite small so that all the planes, ships, etc. would be a manageable size and not end up being the size of a bathtub or a couch.
BROADSIDE IS THE USS FLAGG

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 11:25 PM   #53
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
BROADSIDE IS THE USS FLAGG
nooo.. he's a F/A-18

Old 01-21-2019, 11:32 PM   #54
BludChylde
Generation 2

Quote:

It's kinda part of why I really loved the micro line... using Gobot's Renegade ship "Thruster" is awesome and fits great (once you gut it and do separations and such).
That's why I said scale will never be perfect. Way too many variables. And in my first post I pointed out that it was absurd that Groove is a limb. He would either be too small or somehow fold himself in a manner that wouldn't be able to support a combiner. And Bruticus would be lopsided as hell. No way you would be getting equal limbs out of that.
BludChylde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 11:33 PM   #55
BludChylde
Generation 2

Quote:
nooo.. he's a F/A-18

I'm not sure which comment is more win.
BludChylde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 12:12 AM   #56
79transam
Machine War
Re: The Siege Ultra Magnus pic, seems like Voyager class

Scale is important to me. And to me to scale means to accurately reflect the sizes each character would be in relation to one another.
Scale literally means to measurably change the size of somethings rendition in a way that can be mathematically reproduced among similar objects of it's kind.
Since Transformers are capable of mass shifting, one form will suffer. Often the precedent has been to keep the scale of alt modes the same. However the way I collect is to keep the bot modes in scale.
I always thought it would be neat if Hasbro did a new run of G1 toy reissues that took Shockwave as the Scale Constant and did all the bots to scale with his bot mode.
79transam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 12:23 AM   #57
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
nooo.. he's a F/A-18

... so he can land on himself?

(this just became a filthy, filthy fanfic)

Old 01-22-2019, 01:01 AM   #58
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by BludChylde View Post
That's why I said scale will never be perfect. Way too many variables. And in my first post I pointed out that it was absurd that Groove is a limb. He would either be too small or somehow fold himself in a manner that wouldn't be able to support a combiner. And Bruticus would be lopsided as hell. No way you would be getting equal limbs out of that.

And yeah, I may have been harsh, but I don't call myself Blood Child because I'm cute, cuddly and friendly. I advertise up front I'm an asshole. And if I get a vacation for my post, well, look upon the field where I grow thy fucks and see that it is barren.
The funny thing is, I'm more a of a Macross and piloted mange/anime person, aka, piloted, as Transformer's origin being the Diaclones, all the main "characters" being giant robots with cockpits for pilots.

Thanks for the Diaclone rebirth, I now have a small army of them and I love it when I find any Transformer that I can put a pilot into it...

Heck the Star Wars - Transformers crossover are absolutely on the mark for that sort of thing, for example.

But as far as scale goes.. either as per the other member is going with the robot's form, and that's fine for him, or go with whatever scale works for your angle/take... for me, I'd rather leave out that "mass shifting" thing and go with the alt form's scaled size... it would be an interesting series to see, should Hasbro/Takara even goes there. Can you imagine the jump for what "titans" would be... and a better usage of combiners... heck, a car combiner would be needed to take on Astrotrain, who would be able to carry several "small guys" within himself.

The possibilities would be off the charts.

But in the meanwhile, I do love the fortress/ starships types that I simply don't care as much about the robot form, why I really am enjoying Siege Shockwave... But I put together alt forms for many others for "giant space fortress mode", such as Perceptor, Six-shot, various Soundwaves... etc.

I'll have to take some picts...

Last edited by imfallenangel; 01-22-2019 at 01:07 AM.
Old 01-22-2019, 01:11 AM   #59
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Y'all take this shit too seriously. Buy a toy or don't. Screeching at each other over plastic toy things. Hilariously stupid, but stupid.

GIVE ME BEDSIZE BROADSIDE OR GIVE ME DEATH

Old 01-22-2019, 01:19 AM   #60
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
Y'all take this shit too seriously. Buy a toy or don't. Screeching at each other over plastic toy things. Hilariously stupid, but stupid.

GIVE ME BEDSIZE BROADSIDE OR GIVE ME DEATH
*sending energon Tidal Wave to tap dance on your Broadside and crush it to it's new 4th form.. a pizza cardboard box*