Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-20-2021, 01:36 PM   #1751
The Nemesis
Alternator
Re: ToysRUs.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
Isn't that cost? I sent one to a friend in the US at cost and it came out to exactly that. Shipping was $20 and the toy costs just shy of $40 tax in. So It came to $60 shipped.
Quote:
Originally Posted by steamwhistle View Post
$60 shipped is about cost.

If one were to consider $33 for the figure, $6 for shipping from TRU, taxes ($5 in Ontario) applied by TRU, and estimating $12 for shipping for the ebay seller to a buyer in Canada, that would be $56.

I would figure $60 is much closer to a fair deal, rather than “scalping”.

It might be fair from a strictly outlay/cost covering standpoint, but I'm sorry I don't consider paying $60 on the secondary market for a ~$30 figure to be reasonable. Maybe if it was a case of me waiting a year until a figure was well out of circulation or it's something with an explicit limited run (like those walmart Gigawatts) where I'm paying for planned scarcity or my own inaction. But not on something that's supposed to be regularly available

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crobot91 View Post
Never let the truth get in the way of a good story...

Come on, no need to be a dick about it.
Old 03-20-2021, 02:51 PM   #1752
steamwhistle
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
It might be fair from a strictly outlay/cost covering standpoint, but I'm sorry I don't consider paying $60 on the secondary market for a ~$30 figure to be reasonable. Maybe if it was a case of me waiting a year until a figure was well out of circulation or it's something with an explicit limited run (like those walmart Gigawatts) where I'm paying for planned scarcity or my own inaction. But not on something that's supposed to be regularly available
Aye. Very understandable.
I just wouldn't consider the $60 pricepoint to be part of the scalping market, when a cursory evaluation indicates mere cost-covering.

Funny. I bought CW SkyLynx on preorder for about $45 plus shipping. It's still MiSB, and I was/am looking to re-sell it to recover (some/most) of my cost, but someone once called me a scalper because it was once on sale at TRU for $15.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 04:44 PM   #1753
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
It might be fair from a strictly outlay/cost covering standpoint, but I'm sorry I don't consider paying $60 on the secondary market for a ~$30 figure to be reasonable.
That's the thing though, this aint a $30 toy.

It's 32.99 before tax, which ends up being $38 in Quebec. Add 7 for shipping from TRU.ca and it becomes a $45 toy, bought on the primary market.

Also, this is not a regularly available toy, it's an exclusive. It's already nearing the $100 mark on e-bay from auctions. So buy at cost while you can or watch the price climb, up to you.

Last edited by MapleMegatron; 03-20-2021 at 06:11 PM.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 06:46 PM   #1754
Crobot91
Metroplex

Quote:
Come on, no need to be a dick about it.
You whined about first world problems during a pandemic and I made a joke. Your response was calling me a dick. That pretty much sums up your maturity.

Stay classy lol.
Old 03-20-2021, 07:31 PM   #1755
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
You whined about first world problems during a pandemic and I made a joke. Your response was calling me a dick. That pretty much sums up your maturity.

Stay classy lol.
Thisssssss

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 07:31 PM   #1756
steamwhistle
Crossover

I don't wanna grow up, I'm a Toys R Us kid...
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 07:46 PM   #1757
The Nemesis
Alternator

Most of Kingdom appeared to be in stock online this afternoon. Cyclonus is for sure out of stock now and some stuff may have that weird glitch where it appears to be in stock on the product page, but is shifted to out-of-stock if you try and put it in your cart and check out

Quote:

Stay classy lol.

I was complaining about bad customer service and your post didn't read like a harmless joke, it read like a snide rebuff that also looks like you're calling me a liar.

I apologize for taking it in a different way than you meant it, but from my perspective it wasn't clear. I'd say I didn't mean offence but truthfully I did when it appeared that you fired the first shot. If it was just a misunderstanding then I'm sorry it ended up being uncalled for on my part even though I had no way of knowing how benign you meant it or not.
Old 03-20-2021, 07:49 PM   #1758
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Calm down peeps
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 09:17 PM   #1759
Medic
Generation 2

London TRU@Wonderland Rd. is clearing out their Siege minicon 2 packs for $4.95. I got the last set that I needed, Blackjack and and Hyperdrive, I didnt think they were worth the 12.99
Medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 08:52 AM   #1760
Crobot91
Metroplex

Quote:
I was complaining about bad customer service and your post didn't read like a harmless joke, it read like a snide rebuff that also looks like you're calling me a liar.

I apologize for taking it in a different way than you meant it, but from my perspective it wasn't clear. I'd say I didn't mean offence but truthfully I did when it appeared that you fired the first shot. If it was just a misunderstanding then I'm sorry it ended up being uncalled for on my part even though I had no way of knowing how benign you meant it or not.
No worries; it was meant to be a harmless joke. Water under the bridge.