Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-17-2016, 05:53 PM   #9881
predahank
Storing is hoarding
Re: BC Community Thread For Non-Sightings Chat

^^ it''s usually exactly the same as the web price after conversion plus or minus a few bucks
predahank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 05:54 PM   #9882
predahank
Storing is hoarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandaprime View Post
http://www.automatontoys.com/fans-ho...-02-megatooth/

Masterpiece-style monsterbot Repugnus? Is that going to sell??
if I had unlimited shelf space....... still no
Old 12-18-2016, 02:27 AM   #9883
AeroShake
Made of Gundamium
Send a message via Skype™ to AeroShake

Quote:
Originally Posted by predahank View Post
^^ it''s usually exactly the same as the web price after conversion plus or minus a few bucks
Not quite. I paid about 300 for an online order for MP Thrust but then I found out another boardie paid 260 for in store pricing. I ate about 40 extra for paypal's USD to CAD exchange rate.

I got A3U to re-invoice me to their CAD rate (I didn't know they could do that ) so now I just wanna be double sure that I'm not paying more than I really should be.

Wants/Needs
- DAFT PUNK MEMORABILIA
- GCreations Six Shot
- Maketoys Cross Dimension Nemesis Prime
- Transformers Kuro Kara Kuri Tarn
- Transformers Kuro Kara Kuri Star Saber
- Warhammer 40k stuff

AeroShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 02:50 AM   #9884
predahank
Storing is hoarding

Hmmm $40 difference is far from negligible. I've always found the difference pretty minor but I guess that's not always the case.

I didn't know about the cad invoicing. Do you need to request it or is there a selectable option?
Old 12-18-2016, 04:22 AM   #9885
AeroShake
Made of Gundamium
Send a message via Skype™ to AeroShake

You should be able to request it. I actually called A3U to cancel some of my orders and they advised me to send an email to their customer service requesting new and old invoices to be switched to CAD.

I was told they would be closer to in-store pricing, just haven't been able to go out and visit the store yet to confirm.

Wants/Needs
- DAFT PUNK MEMORABILIA
- GCreations Six Shot
- Maketoys Cross Dimension Nemesis Prime
- Transformers Kuro Kara Kuri Tarn
- Transformers Kuro Kara Kuri Star Saber
- Warhammer 40k stuff

AeroShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 04:36 PM   #9886
Flanker
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroShake View Post
Not quite. I paid about 300 for an online order for MP Thrust but then I found out another boardie paid 260 for in store pricing. I ate about 40 extra for paypal's USD to CAD exchange rate.

I got A3U to re-invoice me to their CAD rate (I didn't know they could do that ) so now I just wanna be double sure that I'm not paying more than I really should be.
I've already mentioned this in the sightings thread, but you can instead let your credit card company handle the exchange instead, since Paypal's rates are marked up for profits. However, I never knew A3U would let you pay in CAD .

This is what you can change on your Paypal account:

Settings -> Payments -> Preapproved payments -> See Available Funding Sources (or Set Available Funding Sources) -> Conversion Options -> choose Bill me in the currency listed on the seller's invoice (instead of Use PayPal's conversion process to complete my transaction using my card's currency. )
Old 12-20-2016, 08:53 PM   #9887
VE Telus
Beast Machine

I use the Amazon.ca Chase VISA card to eliminate the 2.5% foreign exchange fee most other cards have. I'm certain there are other cards out there with this benefit--definitely worth checking out. Change up PayPal's conversion like what is stated above and it will be your best conversion rate.

On another note ...

For fellow Canadians:
http://pages.ebay.ca/promo/2016/caholiday2016.html?_trkparms=clkid%3D1291742390537 987102

[EDIT] Seems to be usable only by those who bought and paid for something on eBay on the Black Friday weekend. My friend who did not reported an error, saying the code was linked to a different account. The code is generic enough that it cannot just be a personal code, so it probably is linked to the accounts active during that period.

eBay.ca thanks you for shopping with PayPal on Black Friday and Cyber Monday!

How to redeem your Coupon:
  1. Shop for eligible items. (See below for exclusions)
  2. Pay for your item with PayPal by 11:59 PM Eastern Time on December 22, 2016
  3. Enter the Coupon code in the redemption code field: CAHOLIDAY2016

Terms & Conditions:

The Coupon will expire at 11:59:59 PM ET on the date shown on the Coupon. Discount applies to an order total for eligible item(s) on eBay.ca or eBay.com. Coupon can be used once for up to the maximum Coupon amount. Only registered eBay members paying with PayPal can receive the discount. Any unused difference between the order total and the maximum coupon amount will be forfeited. Stated currency is in Canadian dollars.

Eligible items exclude Coins & Paper Money, Gift Cards & Coupons, and Real Estate. Coupon can be used once per PayPal account within a single transaction (or cart), while supplies last. Only eBay members paying with a PayPal account registered with an address located in Canada can receive the discount. Any refund you may be entitled to receive will not include the value of this coupon. In the event you receive a refund, you will receive no more than the amount you actually paid towards your purchase.

Coupon is subject to Canadian laws, void where prohibited, not redeemable for cash, has no face or cash value, and cannot be combined with any other coupon. eBay may cancel, amend, or revoke the coupon at any time. Use of automated devices or programs for coupon redemption are prohibited. Unauthorized reproduction of this coupon is unlawful. Limit one coupon per purchase. Not valid with any other coupon offer.

Last edited by VE Telus; 12-20-2016 at 09:33 PM.
VE Telus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 04:43 PM   #9888
pandaprime
aficionado!

you can still buy the beast hunter optimus prime at Sears website for regular price, isn't that cool?

http://www.sears.ca/en/action-figure..._actionfigures

Where will you be shopping for TFs on Boxing Day? Toys R Us? WalMart? A3U? Winners?

Feedback thread:Cybertron.ca
Items for sale thread: Selling TFs

Last edited by pandaprime; 12-24-2016 at 02:44 AM.
pandaprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 09:17 PM   #9889
pandaprime
aficionado!

Grrrrr I received two packages from HLJ and one got duty and one didn't. Canada Post does it again!

Feedback thread:Cybertron.ca
Items for sale thread: Selling TFs
pandaprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 11:22 PM   #9890
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

Ugh, I just saw some guy on FB bragging about buying a whole case of Sharkticon/Gnaws. Someone rightly remarked "Too bad for anyone else who wants one huh?", to which he responded, "I can, so I do. That's capitalism."

'MURRICA. Disgusting. The whole "Me first, screw anyone else" selfish attitude is really frustrating and annoying. I guess the good news is they're apparently 8 to a case, but I wish people wouldn't take 'troop building' so literally. It would be great if people would consider others, but there's always someone who has to ruin it for everyone else.

Haha, anyway, end rant.

Happy New Year, everyone! May it be much better than this one.