Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-20-2014, 03:16 PM   #2411
Protoman
The Legend
Re: The Montreal/Quebec Local Fans Banter Thread

I guess Guest Pass is similar if not the save pass as my VIP pass so.... you more or less can go and do whatever you want WHENEVER you want in the convention, open or closed hours

Also

New Canadian Slag up
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=55265
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 03:34 PM   #2412
anemis
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
I guess Guest Pass is similar if not the save pass as my VIP pass so.... you more or less can go and do whatever you want WHENEVER you want in the convention, open or closed hours

Also

New Canadian Slag up
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=55265
fantastic !!
anemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 10:15 PM   #2413
Grayfox
Crossover

Quote:
HONESTLY, it's Fan Expo Lite.

If you never been to Fan Expo. Fan Expo is the San Deigo Comic Con of Canada with over 35,000 people each year.

Last Montreal Comic brought in 26,000 people so......... it's the biggest show in all of Quebec easily and worth going too. Give the guest list an overview and decide for yourself. Eveyone has different goals when going to conventions, so you need to figure that out.
Thanks for the input. I'll check out the Qc Comic Con regardless, just to support it. I'd like to go the Mtl one as well, but it's a 3++ hours drive there and 3++ hours drive to get back. I don't like driving enough to make the trip.

But yeah, at these cons, aside from the guests, is there anything else to do/check out?

Lastly, I thought real hard about going to Fan Expo Toronto, but not sure it's worth the almost 1K$ price tag for the 4 days (travel, food, hotel, etc). Not to mention the 4 days of work I'd lose.. :/
Grayfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 10:20 PM   #2414
Buhawi
Ang Alamat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraxys View Post
lol......otakuthon.

Anyone want to watch our beloved fictional characters make out with each other?
If so, ................go to Otakuthon.
( I ain't kidding, ive witnessed horrific things at this convention. never again.)

What better way to waste time and money than to go to ota......wait, there are a literally millions of better ways.
Isn't comic-con attended by the same peeps? Different place, same peeps. They keep saying they will take the word Otaku back.

just got Tailgate. Man, is the design bad. I blame IDW's handywork on it. For once, I like the generic third party version.

As for TMNT 2012, I finally saw rahzar, mutagen man, casey jones, FULL wave in the wild. Shredder with a helmet is fucking cool.

Last edited by Buhawi; 08-20-2014 at 10:22 PM.
Buhawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 12:31 AM   #2415
Protoman
The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buhawi View Post
Isn't comic-con attended by the same peeps? Different place, same peeps. They keep saying they will take the word Otaku back.
Nope, Otakuthon is a smaller more anime oriented convention, the dealer room is........ well really bad. It's a totally different crowd. If anything, it's all the people who can't afford to go to Montreal Comic Con.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 03:18 AM   #2416
Undrave
Canadian Slag

I'm feeling so bloody tired of the bullshit distribution around here, I'm seriously considering getting the whole wave 5 case from BBTS... but then I'd end up with an extra Waspinator, an extra Arcee and Chromia :/
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 06:32 PM   #2417
Kristal
Machine War

Quote:
lol......otakuthon.

Anyone want to watch our beloved fictional characters make out with each other?
If so, ................go to Otakuthon.
( I ain't kidding, ive witnessed horrific things at this convention. never again.)
Oh no you watched the weebs, Sometimes I just wanna cosplay (im thinking REO Speedwagon from Jojo) but I also don't wanna be hunted down the whole time on there by weebs and people saying "SPPEEEEDOWAGOHHN" 24/7.

Quote:
Nope, Otakuthon is a smaller more anime oriented convention, the dealer room is........ well really bad. It's a totally different crowd. If anything, it's all the people who can't afford to go to Montreal Comic Con.
" If anything, it's all the people who can't afford to go to Montreal Comic Con."
rood :P I think Otakuthon is a bit more expensive though! (50$ entrance fee for saturday)

Im going hands down to Otakuthon, but it's mainly to buy merch. The vendors however need to learn quality check (im looking at you people from chinatown looking for a quick buck) on certain items so they're selling authentic items (like they should) and not shitty bootlegs at the same price of the legit thing.

Like pokemon is the huge bootleg magnet and last year, I think only two people out of twenty or so vendors with pokemon merch/plushies were actually 100% legitimate. (right tags, right material, made of Minky instead of this sandpaper crapola the bootleggers use) and just ragghghghg. Im more of an anime person than a raging comics fan as last year, Comic Con just didn't impress me sadly :c
Kristal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 05:47 PM   #2418
Abraxys
With full honors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undrave View Post
I'm feeling so bloody tired of the bullshit distribution around here, I'm seriously considering getting the whole wave 5 case from BBTS... but then I'd end up with an extra Waspinator, an extra Arcee and Chromia :/
You guys still buy stuff in stores?! Damn, ive completely given up on retail....

Otakuthon aint sooo bad, but if you go to Fan expo, tfcon and montreal comic con......im not sure Otakuthon is really comparable. Otaku is more for cosplay and chilling with other cosplayers. Oh and things like SPEEEEEDWAGGOOONNGNNNGJGJGJGJGJGJGJGJJGJGJEOGJEJGO EJGEOGJEGF EOJFGEOJ. Poop.

Abraxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 01:09 AM   #2419
Undrave
Canadian Slag

Quote:
You guys still buy stuff in stores?! Damn, ive completely given up on retail....
The advantage of retail is that you can see it in hand first and decide if you want it or not.

For some reason, once I got it in hand, I just stopped wanting Strafe. Like just automatically! Saw it and went... "Eeeeeh...nevermind!". Then the Silver Knight Optimus VS Grimlock set showed up at Target and I never really cared about the FOC Grimlock set but then I saw the new deco (and the price) and somehow I felt nostalgia for G1 Grimlock!

I never owned G1 Grimlock, nor ever felt nostalgia for him!

Plus sometimes you find good deal at places like Winners

But since BBTS has new preorder on Windblade I decided to just order the girls separatedly. I don't really need to have extras I'd need to sell off, and I don't really want Scoop and Nightbeat that badly. MAYBE if I see them at retail (the Armada Starscream/Scoop wave showed up once around here and then promptly VANISHED, thankfully AFTER I completed my FOC Seeker trio ).
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 01:24 PM   #2420
Kristal
Machine War

I am back from the weebcon and for Saturday, it was super, super packed in the Palais du Congres and it was just plain hot in general inside due to how many people were in the dealers room and the lobbies. Also lines everywhere to go to panels and upstairs. X_X

The dealers as well wern't so amazing compared to last year...Last year I spent over 200$ on merch and this year, I only spent 21$.

Everything was either overpriced or just meh. Too much Swimming Anime and Dramatical Murder crap for me.
Kristal is offline   Reply With Quote