Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-21-2013, 09:11 AM   #11
juxtapose519
Robot Master
Re: Are there known plans for a Masterpiece Jazz yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraPrimal View Post
Although personally I'd rather see them do something else. I find all the Autobot cars, and even the Decepticon Seekere jets, very boring. I hope to see a Galvatron, or maybe even a BW character, in the future.
I think I'm actually the opposite. I think I'd rather see the full set of '84 Autobot cars release before they start focusing too much on anything else, and this is coming from someone who prefers Decepticons.

In the event that Takara decides the line isn't viable anymore, or Hasbro gives up their plans to release them in NA, then I'd rather have a cohesive set than a mishmash of whatever they decided to prioritize. The Autobots so far just look so damn good that it's hard to argue with them.

Trade | Cybertron Feedback | TFW Feedback | Collection
juxtapose519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:18 AM   #12
sleeper323
Bulky

I say masterpiece jetfire should be next or more dinobots
Old 08-21-2013, 09:18 AM   #13
mapatel
Generation 1

TBH i was sort of surprised it was wheeljack and bumblebee and not jazz and bumblebee (being VW and Porsche that is). My own take on the matter is theyre doing these as certain pairs or groups. For example, Wheeljack and bumblebee are the first 2 transformers you see in Ep1 of G1. Then Jazz and Cliff have always been paired for a whole bunch of missions (most recently in foc). It almost looks that way to me so theres a real good possibility that theyre next.

Personally, i want them to do MP Galvatron or Cyclonus more than anything else at the moment.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:08 AM   #14
Bruticus
B&K Collectables

Quote:
Originally Posted by juxtapose519 View Post
I think I'm actually the opposite. I think I'd rather see the full set of '84 Autobot cars release before they start focusing too much on anything else, and this is coming from someone who prefers Decepticons.
I'm in the same boat, but I think TAK should look at completing series' along with an occasional different mold to catch attention. Think about it... TAK has already produced the entire 84 Con Team... would it not make sense for them to look at completing the 84 Bot Team too? I think that is what they are doing, plus throwing in the special ones as bonuses to keep our attention. That's why Red Alert and Smokescreen were announced... they had the molds and it was something different than "just 84s", which some people can get sick of pretty quickly.

I've been thinking of this since they announced the Datsuns, but the whole idea started making perfect sense to me when they started acquiring licenses for Wheeljack and then Bumblebee. If they are starting to produce MP Minibots, they will most certainly go for Cliffjumper, probably next, which also means they will get the licensing for Jazz, seeing they are both Porches.

my $0.02.

-----------------------------------------------------
Add B&K Collectables to your Facebook HERE

Follow B&K Collectables on your Twitter HERE

Subscribe to the B&K Collectables' newsletter HERE
------------------------------------------------------
Cybertron.ca Feedback Thread --> http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=18760
Bruticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:54 AM   #15
Aras
Generation 1

Well if the question is becoming "Do you hope they do all the '84 cars?" my question would be is that worth it? As I understand Masterpiece is a line that seems to release favourite characters in a definitive mold, but is every one of those first Autobots memorable, or well loved? I know everyone is finally happy to get a CHUG Trailbreaker/Blazer, but is there anyone here screaming for a MP of the character? I would think a MP release of that character would be a waste of time when we instead could get one of the 86 characters that people know better like a Galvatron or maybe even a Springer (wouldn't that be terribly expensive)? The other thing is that the Masterpiece line is driven by Takara, which has all it's Japanese material to draw characters from as well. The Masterpiece poll in Japan has already proven who they want next, at least from a collection of Autobot/Cybertron leaders, and something tells me they put up those characters because they already have designs drawn up for all of them.
Aras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:21 PM   #16
Abraxys
With full honors.

These are great answers, this is why transformers fans are the best of fans, we can actually talk like civilized people without bickering and whatnot.

So the majority consensus seems to be that we will see Cliffy and Jazz next, all things considered. PLUS the bonus Japanese Armada/Cybertron era mp. The Japanese market does love their anime type tf shows. I see them making some mps but I doubt they can go very far apart from convoy, star saber, and maybe megatron. I mean, would an mp hot shot sell very well? I cant even sell the original for 5$ So I believe they will stick mostly with G1.

-1984 cars
Sideswipe (got)
Sunstreaker (should appear soon)
Bluestreak (getting)
Prowl (getting)
Wheeljack (getting)
Jazz (in speculation)
Hound ?
Mirage ?
Ratchet (Igear)
Ironhide (Igear)

So logically and cohesively, as it seems tak is following some guidelines, new molds would be hound or mirage for this section! (its a stretch but im just having fun)

I wonder if Brawn, Gears, Huffer and Windcharge would sell well as MP's, most likely not tho? (good thing we got Igear)

Last edited by Abraxys; 08-21-2013 at 12:39 PM.
Abraxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:33 PM   #17
OLDMR
Beast Machine

Ultramagnus69 made a point that bumblebee and wheeljack are the first 2 formers seen in the series. Who was the second two? maybe they are going to go in that order...
OLDMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:35 PM   #18
Tech Spec
Canadian Slag

Takara should just MP everything Well at least I think they should
Tech Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:39 PM   #19
steamwhistle
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech Spec View Post
Takara should just MP everything Well at least I think they should
A fictitious unsubstantiated source has already verified that they will.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:57 PM   #20
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

I don't see why they wouldn't make the line more mainstream (maybe reason for smaller figs). I believe as a collector that others are thinking this way as I have seen a bunch of you start to dump your classics collections or CHUG is this because you as a collector think that more masterpiece is on the way or is it just not appealing to you as a collector sorry just had to put that in there
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote